This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anti-GamerGate Appreciation Thread (Daikun Free Zone)

Comments

• No Fun Girl retains her title because she hates when I make jokes and screw around on voice chat in Overwatch.

"We're all Dads now."

That joke is a-mei-zing. I don't know why she wouldn't like it.
    ......................she?
  • I would assume No Fun Girl is a girl.
  • Referring to herself in 3rd person?
  • It not unlike the old court Marshall banning method. :P

• Halfmoon, if you are still lurking, please make your point or kindly shut up.

That Feeling When you're told to shut up, then mocked for shutting up.

Basically I decided it wasn't worth it to me to win your approval. Perusing the forums made me realize there are some core differences in ideology that I can't get past.

This doesn't have to be complicated. I don't see why you have to bring me up, unless you find easy.
  • Honestly, while I didn't mind the guy, I was half hoping he'd do something dumb enough to get a ban, so I could whip out my favorite "Enjoy the ban" video.
  • No one told you to shut up, we told you to stop saying certain things (such as "Gamergate had primary elements about it that were not terrible") without substantiating them.

You are the one who went out of your way to try and tell us that we were wrong about something, then repeatedly failed to even attempt to explain those things in any real detail.

Honestly, a lot of us would've been at least moderately interested in seeing you even attempt to answer Kate's questions that she laid out. It is ultimately your choice to not do so, but please don't make it out as though we all told you that you're not allowed to talk. We just disagreed with you (admittedly en masse) and you got annoyed that no one was willing to acknowledge you had a point (which you never effectively made).
  • She actually said "Shut up." How am I supposed to shut up if you keep talking about me. If you want to find someone else to argue with, put your feelers out to 8chan or whoever's in charge now. Then ask them to argue with you.
  • She actually said "Shut up." How am I supposed to shut up if you keep talking about me. If you want to find someone else to argue with, put your feelers out to 8chan or whoever's in charge now. Then ask them to argue with you.

People here like to argue. That's how we do. If you don't enjoy arguing, why is it that you were the one who zombied this thread?
  • I mean, you guys are kind of sending mixed signals, lol. Shutting up is difficult when your post is on record, so people experience it at different timeframes... The only real and consistent statement is "git gud".
  • Well I thought I wanted to win you back. Now some more things came up that made me feel differently.
  • Well I thought I wanted to win you back. Now some more things came up that made me feel differently.

You thought you were going to win someone back over to sexism? Here? You would probably have an easier time spreading the gospel.
  • And these core ideologies are?
  • Churba said:

Honestly, while I didn't mind the guy, I was half hoping he'd do something dumb enough to get a ban, so I could whip out my favorite "Enjoy the ban" video.

I was googling how to make gifs so I could do a popcorn one. God we should bring that one back.

Well I thought I wanted to win you back. Now some more things came up that made me feel differently.

Thats the thing with this place, everyone has broadly speaking the same beliefs and argues the shit out of the minutia. That said this is one of the topics round here where you were never going to win. Everyone has dealt with too much shit for troglodytes on the internet to have any patience for someone who brings it to their door step.
  • edited August 2016
    Apreche said:

You thought you were going to win someone back over to sexism? Here? You would probably have an easier time spreading the gospel.

That's a low blow. I don't want to convert people into sexists. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. Even the GamerGaters didn't wave flags for sexism. Why would you accuse me of that? Rym and Scott always come in at the worst moments to snipe me. If you want me to leave stop leaving conversational beartraps.
    Post edited by HalfmoonHex on
  • Apreche said:

That's a low blow. I don't want to convert people into sexists. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. Even the GamerGaters didn't wave flags for sexism. Why would you accuse me of that? Rym and Scott always come in at the worst moments to snipe me. If you want me to leave stop leaving conversational beartraps.
    Give up now dude you will not win. Even if you think you have won, you have lost. Trust me, step away from the computer, have a fag, bit of a bev or go for a walk. Its not worth going to town for this. For a start no mater what you say, Scott is right, because its Scott and I have better chance of getting my friends racist baby to like me than getting him to change.

That and yeah...sort of did. The whole harassment thing was pretty bad.
  • Even the GamerGaters didn't wave flags for sexism. Why would you accuse me of that?

That was specifically what they started with. "5 guys" and all?

That was the first flag they whipped out. THE FIRST ONE.

• edited August 2016
    Every time I stop talking, they post mocking memes or make personal attacks on me.
    Post edited by HalfmoonHex on
  • By forum standards, this is pretty gentle considering your stance and exhibited level of argumentative skill. You don't even have a thread explicitly named to exclude you, lol.
  • You have once again completely avoided doing the only thing anyone asked you to do, which was carefully explain how our statements about Gamergate were wrong, unfair, or low blows. You have not done that.

You continue to say that it is us who attack you personally or directly. If you believe(d) in Gamergate beliefs so strongly that making direct and blunt statements about it are personal attacks against you, you should probably wonder why it hurts you so much to have us say those things. They may be generalizations, but if most of us felt like it, we could dig up the evidence to back it up. But there's no point, since you're not even trying to have a real discussion at this point.
  • No Scott keeps calling me a misogynist but won't back it up with evidence. I don't want to discuss it anymore. Feel free to find someone else.
  • Not really? He said "converted to sexism," because Gamergate is directly correlated with sexism and misogynistic treatment of women, and you admitted you came here to sway their opinions of Gamergate to more positive ones.

We have already brought up our proof and reasoning for believing Gamergate = misogyny multiple times. Scott is not personally calling you a sexist, he's simply saying you come here defending the actions of a misogynistic movement.

I'm not asking you to continue debating, feel free to leave if you don't enjoy being here. But don't misrepresent the actions of other people on here, it's not really fair.
  • Apreche said:

Oh, right, because you're a misogynist.

He always calls me a misogynist. Even in the last post he accused me of trying to convert people to misogyny. Scott will never talk to me unless he's calling me a misogynist. Find any post he makes about me, and he calls me one.

I would just like some insurance that you're not going to mock me for leaving.
  • Why do you care so much what random people on the internet say? Stop trying to derive your self-worth from what internet communities say about you.
  • edited August 2016
    ^Pretty much that.

Gamergate, this forum, Twitter, wherever. No internet community gives you value. If we are really so terrible that we make up shit about you and won't argue with you on a fair level, then our mockery is meaningless. Our mockery is only meaningful if we're pointing out something that you've truly and honestly done wrong. But if you believe you're not in the wrong, then leave with your head held high. It won't really matter in the long run.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Anyone who isn't 100% against gamergate is a misogynist by definition. Just like someone who eats no meat is a vegetarian by definition.
  • I already explained this.

" When I listen to a podcast every week I start to feel familiarity/one sided friendship. It was like being dumped when I was told to not listen.

I fall apart when I like an internet celebrity and upon meeting them they don't like me. It's not a rational way to live, but it's really hard to get past. My self worth totally comes from outside myself and I tend to sabotage friendships when I'm feeling particularly self destructive. So podcasts are like always there for me even when I feel like everyone else hates me.

I used to really like "Manliest Brony in the World" from the MLP, but he accused me of line jumping a panel. I was just lost and on a new anti-anxeity medication that made me pretty loopy.

It makes me realize why they say never meet your Stars.
  • How about don't idolize people and don't take (non personal) things personally?
    You've been rolling in mud, and people are trying to tell you that you are 1) rolling in mud 2) muddy. Your choices are 1) clean up 2) stay muddy 3) Jedi mind trick involving the redefinition of mud. If you decide the 2nd, can't help that people are going to be like "man, that guy really liked being muddy??" Don't think the 3rd going to happen.