This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• So now Wikileaks has started implying that the DNC leaks came from a DNC staffer who was shot a month ago, and that he was murdered by the Clintons. And now one of the Bernie-or-busters in my feed has started posting about it. I just fucking can't anymore.

Yea, the dude was killed 14 days before they released E-mails...
  • Churba said:

But that's not what got passed to the press at the time, or what was broadcast at the time. And thus, history as we know it.

I get that. My point was to his lack of "owning" it after the scream became a thing.

• Yeah, this election is getting real bad. I might unfollow Hillary Clinton on Twitter just cause she's responding to the insanity and drawing me in.

Wait, seriously? You follow a Presidential candidate on Twitter?

Oh, honey...
  • I don't put it past Secretaries of State to order assassinations on their political enemies, but Clinton has proven she's smart enough to not be so sloppy. If she's murdering people we're not gonna find out about it till the 2050s or 2060s.
  • Stahp. She's not having people murdered. This tabloid BS distracts from actual issues.
  • Stahp. She's not having people murdered. This tabloid BS distracts from actual issues.

Yeah. The emails!

Maybe not now but it's basically in the job description.
  • Rym said:

Stahp. She's not having people murdered. This tabloid BS distracts from actual issues.

Yeah. The emails!
    I don't know why we're talking about emails when nobody's looked into Benghazi.

• We did a poll that found voters with a passport are Clinton +15, voters without one are Trump +11 https://t.co/Drb9rAGOTJ

— PublicPolicyPolling (@ppppolls) August 12, 2016
  • I still want to see Drumpf's tax return.
  • I've basically started calling him alleged billionaire Trump. I will continue to do so until proven otherwise by a recent tax return.
  • This video is funny regardless of your affiliation.

• edited August 2016
    Uh, no.

In other news, Obama took us into Afghanistan.

Post edited by Banta on
  • Churba said:

He wasn't going to take the presidency, and he was already sliding toward a loss, but it was recoverable - but the famous Dean Scream turned that slide into a freefall plummet, and ended his presidential bid for good.

I always wondered if he had owned it with a "Heck, yeah, I screamed! We're talking about making great change! We're talking about the United States of America! I'm excited; my supporters are excited; and we are going to get you excited, too!" sort of statement followed with an SNL or late night comedy bit in which he does the Dean Scream after every sentence, if he would have been forgiven for the ebullience.

Dennis Miller milked that scream for all it was worth as he was morphing from "Snarky Comedian" to "Right-Wing Tool".
  • This video is funny regardless of your affiliation.

That video is painful regardless of affiliation.
  • So, about Trump hiring Breitbart guys to run his campaign: I think there's a joke about deck chairs and the Titanic in there, but I think the more fitting thing would be if you imagine the Captain instructing his crew to go down into the bowels of the ship and blow another couple holes into the hull.

Also, this:

• Honestly it's hard to tell whether or not that is parody. I wanna say they need to fire that guy like yesterday but he does feel representative of the Trump campaign.
  • From the same channel:

• Wasn't it: "Honeybadger don't give a fuck?'
  • chaosof99 said:

So, about Trump hiring Breitbart guys to run his campaign: I think there's a joke about deck chairs and the Titanic in there, but I think the more fitting thing would be if you imagine the Captain instructing his crew to go down into the bowels of the ship and blow another couple holes into the hull.

One of the pundits I follow said something to the effect of "Replacing the deck chairs with Napalm".

If you're going to go down, go down in flames.
  • http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eric-bolling-polls_us_57b539d3e4b0fd5a2f414857?section=&;

The last like minute of the video here has an interesting theory, Trump is really orienting to start his own conservative news station.
  • What if this was his real plan all along? Run for president and get a lot of traction. Intentionally make yourself fail and then start a news where you can bitch about corruption and rake in money. Not real corruption, just people you don't like.
  • What if this was his real plan all along? Run for president and get a lot of traction. Intentionally make yourself fail and then start a news where you can bitch about corruption and rake in money. Not real corruption, just people you don't like.

Trump comes across more as a guy who makes shit up as he goes. He's always looking to make a quick buck and the get the hell out. Right now, he's basically building a core audience that will eat his shit up and ask for seconds while fleecing them for all they're worth. You can tell, he's not really putting any money (and effort) into a real presidential campaign organization.

Right now, the real focus should be on the Senate. If the Dems can win back the Senate we might have something approaching a (reasonably) functioning government again.
  • Raithnor said:

What if this was his real plan all along? Run for president and get a lot of traction. Intentionally make yourself fail and then start a news where you can bitch about corruption and rake in money. Not real corruption, just people you don't like.

Trump comes across more as a guy who makes shit up as he goes. He's always looking to make a quick buck and the get the hell out. Right now, he's basically building a core audience that will eat his shit up and ask for seconds while fleecing them for all they're worth. You can tell, he's not really putting any money (and effort) into a real presidential campaign organization.

Right now, the real focus should be on the Senate. If the Dems can win back the Senate we might have something approaching a (reasonably) functioning government again.
    Democrats really have to get their shit together and start voting more in the mid-term elections.
  • I really need to change my legal address to where I actually live so I don't have to go back home to vote. As apathetic as I feel about the presidential election right now, I know there's still other important shit to vote on that might actually have more of an impact.
  • According to Public Policy Polling, in a Clinton/Trump/Nuts/Harambe election, eleven percent of Texas is undecided.
  • Had to remove a person from my Facebook friends list because of a final straw.

I posted that video of several noted white nationalists saying in no uncertain terms that Trump was helping their movement.

This person responded that Trump wasn't a racist because Arsinio Hall won his show.

I can't.
  • Can't cure stupid.