This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I just re-download correctly tagged files. I don't have the time to re-tag 12,000 songs.
    Well, most files are correctly tagged, however I like having album art associated with each file. Plus I need to add more music to my iPod, which I never got around to. I've honestly discovered dozens of albums that I had on my hard drive that I forgot I had but never added to my iTunes library.
  • I'm so sorry Viga. It's difficult enough losing a parent, but having financial drama on top of that always exacerbates things. A lot of people sort of retreat into a selfish mode to deal with that kind of loss, and it sounds like that's what your aunt is doing. Ever since we lost my dad and grandparents, my uncle has been a wreck, and his daughter doesn't do anything to help out. Sometimes, this kind of shit brings out the worst in people.

Hang tough. I know it's hard, but you can manage.
  • I just re-download correctly tagged files. I don't have the time to re-tag 12,000 songs.
    Well, most files are correctly tagged, however I like having album art associated with each file. Plus I need to add more music to my iPod, which I never got around to. I've honestly discovered dozens of albums that I had on my hard drive that I forgot I had but never added to my iTunes library.
    It helps a lot to use an automatic tagger, e.g. this.
  • @ Viga: Seek legal counsel as soon as is possible.
  • This is a fail. A grown woman cry over this.
    If you mean that your crying is a fail, fuck no! Crying is good - the fail is entirely your aunt's.
  • edited November 2009
    Chin up, Viga. Like Mr. Cheese says, the fail is not yours.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • It helps a lot to use an automatic tagger, e.g.this.
    Or not - It stumbles and hangs if you put any more than about half a gig of music through it at any one time, in my experience.
  • I haven't had that issue, though it's a while since I used it to tag a lot of music. In any case, even if you end up doing the job in half-gig shifts, it still beats doing it manually.
  • edited November 2009
    I haven't had that issue, though it's a while since I used it to tag a lot of music. In any case, even if you end up doing the job in half-gig shifts, it still beats doing it manually.
    True - though make sure you set it to naming the files the way you want them named, or else you'll end up with a folder full of very obscurely named music files.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Lost my laundry card immediately after putting $7.50 on it. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
  • edited November 2009
    So I get Japanese input working and now when I go to Youtube and then open another tab, Firefox crashes.. I can't even begin to think where that error is coming from.

To hell with it, I'm trying Gnash to replace Flash.

And now I'm back to Flash.. Gnash isn't anywhere near it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2009
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Did they crowbar it open to look inside?!
  • edited November 2009
    A packet of margarine gone bad sometime in July was found in my fridge.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • A packet of margarine gone bad sometime in July was found in my fridge.
    Put the nuke inside the fridge and hide in another fridge.
  • Put the nuke inside the fridge and hide in another fridge.
  • Ugh...sick. I wish someone could make me tea.
  • Ugh...sick. I wish someone could make me tea.
    I would gladly offer to make you tea. Any kind of tea you wish... I have quite the tea selection sitting right in front of me. Chances are it would be cold by the time I got it to wherever-you-are, though. Virtual tea?
  • I want a Droid Eris, but I also want to wait for the 1GHz version coming in a month or so.
  • edited November 2009
    The other day, one of the head sales reps came in and said to me:
    "Hey, remember that thing you worked on for me last week? You know, with that picture in it? Can we use it again?"
    and I was all image and my co-worker/boss was snickering uncontrollably.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • The other day, one of the head sales reps came in and said to me:
    "Hey, remember that thing you worked on for me last week? You know, with that picture in it? Can we use it again?"
    and I was all "Wha?" and my co-worker/boss was snickering uncontrollably.
    What?
  • edited November 2009
    The other day, one of the head sales reps came in and said to me:
    and I was all "Wha?" and my co-worker/boss was snickering uncontrollably.
    What?
    Lack of detail fail. I work on like, ten things for him every week which all involve pictures. :\
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I want a Droid Eris, but I also want to wait for the 1GHz version coming in a month or so.
    Ah yes, the problem of too much choice:
    Ah yes, the problem of too much choice:
    Wow, that was really cool. Not exactly the problem I'm having with these phones, there are only two on the table in my mind. It's mostly do I buy the cool phone on the year old platform or wait for the new platform coming out really soon. This is a choice that would be considerably easier to make if Verizon would nail down absolutely anything about when the no phone will be here. It varies from before the end of november to some time next year.

I have had that problem thinking about a car to replace my aging SAAB. There are too many cool cars I could get. And Ford is further complicating it next year by bringing the Fiesta to the US. Bastards! Why do they hate happiness!
  • Fail of my day: Finding out that I broke this week's build because I did not recompile what I figured was a trivial fix. First time I've ever done that, and I deserve a chewing out and a bonk on the head.
  • Ford is further complicating it next year by bringing the Fiesta to the US.
    If I remember correctly, CAR was pretty down on the Fiesta. If you want a similar car, get a Fit or wait for the Alfas and Fiats to come across the pond.
  • edited November 2009
    If I remember correctly, CAR was pretty down on the Fiesta. If you want a similar car, get a Fit or wait for the Alfas and Fiats to come across the pond.
    The Fit is a boring Honda. European Fords are fun and interesting to drive. I'd also be interested in a Fiat 500, but that's also coming in 2011! Same with Alfas! I'm going from nearly no choice is cool European hatchs (the Mini or nothing) to entirely too much choice. NOOOOOOOO!!!!

The only thing that could be worse is if Renault decided to re-enter the US market.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I fail at trying to forget the girl that I have a crush on. :(
  • I fail at trying to forget the girl that I have a crush on. :(
    Courage Wolf?
  • Chronos: S'okay. Just keep yourself busy and focus on having fun with awesome friends.