This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• If they are going to do that, they should at least get back together and put out a new album or single.
    No, no they shouldn't. I prefer to look at Rage with fond memories. They made their mark already; there's no need to bring them back and give them the chance to fuck it up.

Besides, "Killing in the Name" is a great song.
  • edited December 2009
    Besides, "Killing in the Name" is a great song.
    It is, but I am not going to run out and buy it just so it makes more money than a pop song.
    The pop song will still make just as much money. All this does is hype an old song.
    Why do people waste money and time on this shit, but they can't use that same time and money to make a lasting, worthwhile change/statement.
    At least with my suggestion we would end up with a new Rage album.
    Also, by your logic, all bands that you like should stop making music so that they don't possibly make material you like less.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited December 2009
    Why do people waste money and time on this shit, but they can't use that same time and money to make a lasting, worthwhile change/statement.
    People do. All the time. I don't know why people do frivolous things as well, but many people do try to work for change.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited December 2009
    People do. All the time. I don't know why they do frivolous things as well, but people do try to work for change.
    Oh, I am not saying they don't, but the mentality around this is just so self-righteous and without any true benefit that it makes me "rage".
  • Also, by your logic, all bands that you like should stop making music so that they don't possibly make material you like less.
    Wow, OK, way to run with a tongue-in-cheek comment. Rage shouldn't get back together because the members don't want to. Tom Morello has a pretty good solo career as The Nightwatchman, and honestly I think his solo work is more interesting than Rage ever was. Besides, Rage sort of already made their point.

Voting up the single, though, is silly. I was just pointing out that we don't need a new Rage album because we have plenty of great singles already in existence.
  • I've managed to survive the Blink-182 reunion with only minimal damage to my mental health. But I think if RAtM got back together I might have to be committed.
  • video
    Welcome to two pages ago.
  • Also, by your logic, all bands that you like should stop making music so that they don't possibly make material you like less.
    Wow, OK, way to run with a tongue-in-cheek comment. Rage shouldn't get back together because the members don't want to. Tom Morello has a pretty good solo career as The Nightwatchman, and honestly I think his solo work is more interesting than Rage ever was. Besides, Rage sort of already made their point.

Voting up the single, though, is silly. I was just pointing out that we don't need a new Rage album because we have plenty of great singles already in existence.
    Pete, my comment was meant with as much seriousness as yours. :p
    I just mean if people are going to send it to the top of the charts, could we possibly have some new music to show for our expense?
  • edited December 2009
    Blink-182 reunion
    Blink 182 broke up? Blink 182 is still relevant?

That sounds like the time I saw Everclear live after they reunited. I remember thinking, "Wait, these guys are still around?" Same thing when I saw The Spin Doctors a couple of years ago.

EDIT:
    Pete, my comment was meant with as much seriousness as yours. :p
    I just mean if people are going to send it to the top of the charts, could we possibly have some new music to show for our expense?
    Ah, my smartass meter is broken. I'm having a pissy day at work.

Anyhow, yeah, it does seem a little weird that people are resurrecting a single that's nearly two decades old just to compete with a new pop song.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Blink-182 reunion
    Blink 182 broke up? Blink 182 is still relevant?
    You are probably out of the age range to have experienced this, but there are so many people around me who now talk about Blink all. The. Fucking. Time. This shit is ridiculous. If RAtM got back together, I think I my life may be better spent as a hermit.
  • You are probably out of the age range to have experienced this, but there are so many people around me who now talk about Blink all. The. Fucking. Time. This shit is ridiculous. If RAtM got back together, I think I my life may be better spent as a hermit.
    I remember when they were new. "Dammit" was hot stuff back in the day. I always thought they went away after that.
  • It's because my generation was like 7 when when Dammit came out, and like 10 when All The Small Things hit. It's the sort of band that kids my age probably still follow because it's what their older brothers and sisters listened to. That sort of thing can leave a deep impression.
  • Yeah, the 99 cents that I would spend on a song if I was going to buy it could really be put to much better use feeding and clothing starving children in third-world countries.

If people want to drop trivial amounts of money on trivial things, so what? I left the guy at the Applebee's an extra $2 because we got really good service. The service wasn't going to get any better because I left him a few extra bucks, and it may have been a trivial gesture. But you know what? It's not like I was going to do anything appreciable with that money anyway. If I want to donate to charity, I STILL CAN. For something as trivial as buying a single, it usually isn't an either/or choice. Buying the single isn't usually a huge "waste of time and money" because it takes very freaking little from a person to do it.

People like to participate in silly little things every now and then. You guys wasting more time criticizing them than they spend actually doing those things is the real travesty here.
  • It's because my generation was like 7 when when Dammit came out, and like 10 when All The Small Things hit. It's the sort of band that kids my age probably still follow because it's what their older brothers and sisters listened to. That sort of thing can leave a deep impression.
    Way to make me feel old. Goddamn kids.
  • edited December 2009
    @ Nuri: My problem isn't with wasting money, it is with people getting self-righteous about some nonsensical statement when all they are doing is wasting money.
  • I'm only 21 and I feel like Blink-182 is too obsessed by our generation. Lots of college kids are so spastic about 90s music that it weirds me out. And now every time I think of Dammit? It's affiliated with Alvin and the Chipmunks.

My major thing of the day is that I'll be making gnocchis today or tomorrow. Will post results.
  • That was great GreatTeacherMacRoss. Ah the rage of some people because there is a gay love scene in that game.
  • Oh yeah, this was another lulzy find today in Wal-Mart

• Oh yeah, this was another lulzy find today in Wal-Mart
    Looks legit to me!
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    If they are going to do that, they should at least get back together and put out a new album or single.
    They made their mark already; there's no need to bring them back and give them the chance to fuck it up.
    Pete, since you are the official Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah here in the forums I have a question to ask you. I have thisfeeling that RAtM were in some way responsible for making Nu Metal what it is today. Is there any connection between the two at all?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Found this video on youtube today. It's a few years old but I only saw it for the first time tonight. Some college student made a claymation music video of Weird Al's "The Night Santa Went Crazy". The film quality is poor (he explains why in the info section) but his animation work is good and his ideas are fun, especially the ending.

• Pete, since you are the official Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah here in the forums I have a question to ask you. I have thisfeeling that RAtM were in some way responsible for making Nu Metal what it is today. Is there any connection between the two at all?
    They were influential in that regard, but there are bands who combined rap and metal before them. Specifically, Biohazard and Anthrax started bridging that gap in the mid to late 80's, and that laid the groundwork for nu metal. Korn and Limp Bizkit are really where nu metal took off, though. RAtM always blended in some other elements (reggae and so forth), but they were certainly a precursor.
  • edited December 2009
    Octopus carries around a coconut shell to hide in. Holy shit.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Octopus carries around a coconut shell to hide in. Holy shit.
    I for one welcome our new octopus overlords!
  • Holy fucking shit. The ocean is awesome and terrifying. I love nature so much.
  • Dangerous Wands

• Octopus carries around a coconut shell to hide in. Holy shit.

Holy shit. Thats so fucking awesome. Look at that dude blend in with his surroundings.