This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Fucking thank you, Australian sex party. In your relentless drive forSexuality law reformyour own aggrandisement, you've made us all look like a nation of Puritanical, Backwards, Authoritarian Hillbillies. Again. You utter fuckwits.
    You mean that I was going to consider never going to Australia based on some lie a bunch of pundits came up with?

I feel really stupid right now. Anyone have a dunce cap?
  • You mean that I was going to consider never going to Australia based on some lie a bunch of pundits came up with?

I feel really stupid right now. Anyone have a dunce cap?
    Nah - news sources reported both stories at the truth, and you didn't know, you had no reason not to believe them.
  • edited May 2010
    Kate, have you talked to your supervisor about this? That really is the first place you have to go with a problem like this. If you don't ask, you'll never truly know the answer. Don't just leave the work undone, but you need to bring up that there is too much work for you to complete in the time you are being paid for. The answer you get from your supervisor will help determine the next step.

You should also document all of your correspondence so that if you should need it to support an claim, you have it.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Working what will probably be my second 70 hour week because some douchebag in my company forgot about a project for 4 months.

The fail would be that they aren't considering firing him...

And this isn't the first time someone has forgot something...
  • Humanity fail :(
  • Kate, have you talked to your supervisor about this? That really is the first place you have to go with a problem like this. If you don't ask, you'll never truly know the answer. Don't just leave the work undone, but you need to bring up that there is too much work for you to complete in the time you are being paid for. The answer you get from your supervisor will help determine the next step.

You should also document all of your correspondence so that if you should need it to support an claim, you have it.
    I have spoken with him, a few times, and documented each conversation and I have kept track of my time by e-mailing my personal account from my work account (my work account is only accessible on my computer at work). He is trying to strong arm corporate and he asked me not to stay late (because, like I said before, the branch office is great) and if it means that deadlines are missed, that will force corporate to approve overtime. He said he will make sure that I am not blamed for any work that cannot be completed within a 40 hour work week. He also said he would be recommending me for a significant raise at year end. Apparently I am exceeding the output of both of the other support staff (one has been there for 5 years and the other has been their for a year).
    All-in-all, I think this will work out and my boss is awesome - his name is Fritz, so how could he not be awesome?
  • edited May 2010
    his name is Fritz, so how could he not be awesome?
    My Fail of the Day: I can never hear or read the word "Fritz" without instantly hearing this in my head.

This is not a genre of music where a live concert is useful. Also, I forgot how big womens' hair was in the 90's.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Fail: One of the two window-AC units that were donated to us does not function at all.
    Double-Fail: The one that does function has some sort of multiple-personality disorder and decided it was, in fact, a heater instead of an air-conditioner.
    Triple-Fail: 94 degrees + humidity = no decent sleep.
  • My Fail of the Day: I can never hear or read the word "Fritz" without instantly hearing this in my head.
    You son of a bitch, I'd forgotten all about them.
  • He said he will make sure that I am not blamed for any work that cannot be completed within a 40 hour work week. He also said he would be recommending me for a significant raise at year end.
    It sounds like you have a kind of awesome supervisor who understands how things work. I hope that goes well! You have a strong work ethic, and you are both courteous and brilliant. I think they could do with more people like you.
  • My left ear won't pop.
  • edited May 2010
    Double-Fail: The one that does function has some sort of multiple-personality disorder and decided it was, in fact, a heater instead of an air-conditioner.
    This reminds me of the last karaoke session I went to with the crew. :P

My fail of the week is my car. I've recently restructured my finances to pay off my credit card, which has left me more or less broke until June. And my car, which has been well behaved for 9 months now, has chosen this last week to need a new battery and new head light bulbs. My balls, you're breaking them. :(
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • My left ear won't pop.
  • Lost half an hour to Wikipedia again, damn you information!
  • Got in the shit today, because it turns out that "I treat people as I would wish to be treated" actually means "I want to treat you like shit, but I expect you to treat me like I'm perfection embodied in human form".
  • edited May 2010
    I don't want to go to the senior smoke-out and spend my money on some goddamn cigar so I can attempt to smoke it. For some reason, all my friends think I'm weird for this. Tabacco probably is the worst thing to be addicted to, because it's all of the disgusting breathing-in-smoke stuff but without the technicoloured bunnies comeing to take me away to the magical land of giant butterflies and Kazuo Koike.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Tabacco probably is the worst thing to be addicted to
    Disagree, Heroin fucks you up hard core.
    Meth?
    Meth?
    Reece's Pieces?
  • I don't want to go to the senior smoke-out and spend my money on some goddamn cigar so I can attempt to smoke it. For some reason, all my friends think I'm weird for this. Tabacco probably is the worst thing to be addicted to, because it's all of the disgusting breathing-in-smoke stuff but without the technicoloured bunnies comeing to take me away to the magical land of giant butterflies and Kazuo Koike.
    Ah, one cigar isn't going to get you addicted. Not even close to it.
  • Meth?
    Heroin is worse. My uncle is a "recovered" heroin addict, and let me tell you, that shit ain't pretty.
  • I give up trying to be creative.
  • Guys... We fucked up.

• Ha, is that real? I've heard that same story told to me in joke form before.
  • It's probably a joke. I just thought it was kind of funny. :)
  • edited May 2010
    House votes to Repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" = not fail, win
    Comments on Fox News = FAIL!!!!!

Here, have some choice quotations:

At least elbon55 gets right to the point:
    "I am really sick of homosexuals. Keep your junk in the bedroom where it belongs. We don't need your freakin' rainbows or anything else. Who is responsible for most of the spread of AIDS? It isn't the drug addicts it's the homosexuals and their unnatural sexual habits. Now the freaks running our country are going to let them openly serve. Unbelievable. I also can't stand the gays pretending to be marines on this post saying their behavior is OK. Not a chance."

Inxguy makes it painfully clear that he is, In fact, from Texas.
    "Don't ask, don't tell is not a "gay ban." It is a sideways trick to allow gays to enter the military until public opinion decides it is OK, regardless of the truth or the horrible consequences. It should be repealed and the previous rules put back into place. Homosexuality is not compatible with military existence. Period. Ask, tell and eliminate should be the policy. Gays are a tiny minority with a loud voice and have the undivided attention of the idiot progressives in Congress. Congress and the media need to focus on supporting our military, not tearing apart good morale and discipline that makes it successful."

Want some more? These are just the first two. There are twenty-two pages of this!!
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Not of my day, but a Twitter topic is that Hayley Williams (Singer of Paramore), accidentally twitted a picture of her bare breasts.

It's all convincing me to get a Twitter account just for the responses. XD
  • Not of my day, but a Twitter topic is that Hayley Williams (Singer of Paramore), accidentally twitted a picture of her bare breasts.
    Hmm. She said her account was "hacked." Not really buying that. She's cute (NSFW), but her expression is weird.
    Hmm. She said her account was "hacked." Not really buying that. She's cute (NSFW), but her expression is weird.
    I love how the first thing we did when we heard was google for the pictures.
    I love how the first thing we did when we heard was google for the pictures.
    For some strange reason, I get the gut feeling that it isn't her in the picture. I don't know WHY, but that's just the gut feeling.