This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

World Cup 2010

Comments

• US robbed again apparently.
  • GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Post edited by Andrew on
    edited June 2010
    When I talked about America I referred to the USA...
    Hey, you acted like a cunt, so I just give you a mirror (and kinda slow on the uptake aren't ya).
    Drama derived from bad officiating and not the player's skill is just boring and disheartening. Also, the French are bitches.
    Now you're just lumping everything just the refs, no need to be so butthurt.
    the majority of the teams who play in the first round are getting screwed by horrific officiating?
    Again, you're lumping everything on the negative now. There have been more good calls than negative. I recall that your precious 'team USA' got blessed their draw against England in the first place.
    The incident with Team America is just a symptom of a much larger problem.
    Take of your glasses. And again, you're watching the World Cup.
    From what I can see, this strategy has an extremely low success rate. So, why not try something else? I remember in one game, I think Portugal, did something different. They seem to be doing pretty well. Maybe other teams should follow suit.
    Like a short corner? Shooting to midfield? Corner kicks as they are mostly taken now have the highest chance of success.

And gratz, last fucking second you finally got a goal tossing out Slovenia.

EDIT:
    US robbed again apparently.
    You crying before the end? WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Post edited by ... on
  • blah blagh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Wow, that was very impressive USA, I almost yelled out loud in the middle of the office when I saw the goal.
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • This is certainly my moment of the world cup so far. The England Slovenia game ends, and they cut across to the goal celebrations as the USA scores.

What I wanted to see was the reaction on the faces of the Slovenian team and fans. Oh well!
  • I'm just reading headlines :-p as they come.
    You already posted that, points still stand.

Regardless, Germany vs Ghana in 2 hours, if they tie (and the Aussies win or tie against Serbia) then I'm gonna laugh loudly, as the USA will have to take on Germany first in the second round.
  • edited June 2010
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited June 2010
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • ...Well, that's a nice tangent.
  • ...Well, that's a nice tangent.
    [Obvious show-you-mine-show-me-yours joke.]
    edited June 2010
    ITALIAN DIVING! \o/
    Post edited by ... on
  • Randomly Relevant:

And, way to go USA and England.
  • Next time you are watching a video on youtube, try pressing a the soccer ball button next to the volume control...
  • Bye bye, Italy.
  • Italy, WHAHAHAHA, dear god your arrogance left you with 2 points in the groups phase. It's pathetic that the world champion loses to a team making its début in the World Cup.

Well, about time to root for Denmark, they only have to beat Japan.
  • The Americas are kicking ass! Argentina, Uruguay, USA, Mexico already through at the top of their groups. Brazil, Paraguay and Chile all at the top of their groups. Only Honduras seems set to go out.
  • Downfall due to vuvuzela. Catch it before it's banned.

• Yeah Japan! 2-0 a the half. Win one for the weeaboos!
  • Yeah Japan! 2-0 a the half. Win one for the weeaboos!
    And Japan 3-1 Denmark is the final!
    Japan finish second in their group and get Paraguay in the round of 16. Well done!
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but Group G is already locked up right? Is there any reason for them to even play tomorrow? I guess if Brazil wins and Ivory Coast scores a huge pile of goals they might be able to get in? Why do they even bother playing a game that is meaningless. Why not just just take a break? Brazil moves on no matter what so, why not just play without trying hard?
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but Group G is already locked up right? Is there any reason for them to even play tomorrow? I guess if Brazil wins and Ivory Coast scores a huge pile of goals they might be able to get in? Why do they even bother playing a game that is meaningless. Why not just just take a break? Brazil moves on no matter what so, why not just play without trying hard?
    Brazil and Portugal are almost certainly going through, but their match will decide who wins the group, and thus who they play from group H in the octofinal match (H winner or H runner up). I am guessing that will be Spain and Chile. Portugal may also want to make sure it does not matter if Ivory Coast put 10 goals past North Korea.

There are also the 'soft' reasons: they want to stay sharp, do their best, they might feel morally (or contractually) obligated to meet at least some minimal level of performance for the people who paid to see them, and similar.

Still, I wouldn't be too shocked to see Brazil rest a guy or two who need it due to nagging injury or a yellow card.
  • Apreche, you ask this after the team that was last in its group beat the World Champion of '06 and squeezed through? Strange shit can happen. And as Hank already noted, you have to play 3 matches to see who wins the group and who becomes second in the group. It would also be unfair to not play the match, since players will remain injury and card-free for sure then.
  • Apreche, you ask this after the team that was last in its group beat the World Champion of '06 and squeezed through? Strange shit can happen. And as Hank already noted, you have to play 3 matches to see who wins the group and who becomes second in the group. It would also be unfair to not play the match, since players will remain injury and card-free for sure then.
    It is true that they should play the match to determine who is #1 and who is #2 for seeding in the next round. However, I don't think that it would be unfair for them to not play the game. If you do so much better than the other teams in your group that there is no chance for you to be unseated, you have earned a game off. Likewise if you suck so bad you have no chance of advancing, why should you continue to play for no purpose? Just go home early with some extra shame.
  • Oh yes, I forgot. You're an idiot.
  • 'Murca.