This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I don't see how you can get dungeon crawl at all...
    How do you not see it? Specifically?
  • BC2 continues bad. I don't want to earn XP, I want to play! I'm tired of being the assault class and having medics and engineers take me out from great distance.
    Assault is supposed to get all up in that business and cap the flag/blow up the thingie. The assault rifles are best at mid to close range.
  • edited October 2010
    But they also take me out at mid and close range, which is slightly more understandable.

I'm not liking having to play the game for a long period before I'm playing the same game as everyone else. I still haven't even got the defibrillator yet.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Which platform are you playing on?
  • edited October 2010
    But they also take me out at mid and close range, which is slightly more understandable.
    Yeah, that probably just means that they're better than you are. The unlockable guns really aren't that much of an advantage. :P
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Yeah, that probably just means that they're better than you are. The unlockable guns really aren'tthatmuch of an advantage. :P
    Actually the opposite is true. I can get them in my sights faster and hold them there fine, my bullets just don't do much.
  • Yeah, that probably just means that they're better than you are. The unlockable guns really aren'tthatmuch of an advantage. :P
    Actually the opposite is true. I can get them in my sights faster and hold them there fine, my bullets just don't do much.
    Could be body armor or even lag. I know I have played plenty of matches were lag was the only possible reason for the freaky combat events.
  • edited October 2010
    The reason I'm arguing this is because I didn't have the same experience starting out. More than once I had one of the highest scores on the sever while using the first or second gun available to a class and no perks. I don't know what you're doing differently.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited October 2010
    Alright, I found something that astounds and bemuses me. You have to iron sight with every single weapon to get them to not spread bullets everywhere, this isn't limited to things like rifles, even the LMG needs to be iron-sighted to hit someone standing a few meters away.

Ok, BC2 is a console FPS in PC FPS clothes, I can now begin to understand why spending a second shooting into someone back, they don't die. The iron-sights give you such a boost to accuracy that you go from having trouble hitting the guy in front of you to getting reliable head-shots with the assault rifle.

I'm going to stop playing this now and play Mass Effect 2 until NS2 comes out.
  • Alright, I found something that astounds and bemuses me. You have to iron sight with every single weapon to get them to not spread bullets everywhere, this isn't limited to things like rifles, even the LMG needs to be iron-sighted to hit someone standing a few meters away.

Ok, BC2 is a console FPS in PC FPS clothes, I can now begin to understand why spending a second shooting into someone back, they don't die. The iron-sights give you such a boost to accuracy that you go from having trouble hitting the guy in front of you to getting reliable head-shots with the assault rifle.
    LOL, the ineptitude is astounding.
  • You seriously play these things for fun?
  • Or you can just use shotguns and grenade launchers. Nothing satifies like killing an enemy with your smoke grenade launcher!

Gaining levels in the vehicle tree is also super easy. I think I maxed that skill tree in the first few hours of play. Another thing to remember is that it is a squad based game, you need a team to win.
  • You seriously play these things for fun?
    I play stuff like this for fun.

#realismnerd
  • edited October 2010
    @Steve: In all seriousness, I think I'd rather play a game where I wasn't expending so much effort simply interacting with the controls. I like the squad stuff and some of the other ideas, but this is far from enjoyable.
  • If it's not your bag don't play it, just trying to help. If you were playing on 360 i'd send you an invite for next time we play.

Speaking of help and FPS gaming, has anyone tried those analog stick extensions that snap over the sticks on your console controller? A friend of mine uses them and swears by them.
  • edited October 2010
    I think that kind of thing depends on your hands. Also, I was being serious, not condescending, it's not a big deal, just kinda disappointing to see what this has become.

Edit: When I say that, I mean that developers can't bother adapting games to the best of their ability.
  • Ok, BC2 is a console FPS in PC FPS clothes, I can now begin to understand why spending a second shooting into someone back, they don't die. The iron-sights give you such a boost to accuracy that you go from having trouble hitting the guy in front of you to getting reliable head-shots with the assault rifle.
    This Phrase is hilarious to me, as the group of games that started this trend came out, originally, as PC exclusives.
  • This Phrase is hilarious to me, as the group of games that started this trend came out, originally, as PC exclusives.
    I take it you mean COD 1 and 2 where you'd use iron sights for long shots, not everything.
  • Previously, on Alan Wake...
  • I take it you mean COD 1 and 2 where you'd use iron sights for long shots, not everything.
    No...Battlefield has pretty much been that way since 1942.
  • I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that. You could kill guys firing from the hip pretty effectively. Though the battles were generally longer range.
  • edited October 2010
    I picked up a PS3 this weekend with the Move kit. The pack-in PS3 Sports game is decent and my daughter wants me to get the eyepet game after playing the demo for a bit.

I also picked up Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3. I have never played an FF game before so I have to ask, is there more to this game than cut scenes and "mini-game" battles? I keep waiting for the real game to start, is this all it is?

Played some more L4D this weekend. Stupid me purchased the Sacrifice for L4D on 360 thinking it would work for both copies of the game. Why did I think that? Because when I went to buy it the DLC was only listed under the first game. When I looked up L4D2 in the game marketplace the DLC was not listed. Sometime after the new year I'll put together a 'Steam Box'.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • FFXIII is a disappointment compared to the other FF's (in my opinion). The game supposedly picks up about 20 hours in and adds some exploration, but I never played it that far. If you can deal with the long cutscenes and linear gameplay, it's supposed to be a decent combat system.
  • edited October 2010

I wanna play this.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I wanna play this.
    Congratulations, you can!
  • I also picked up Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3. I have never played an FF game before so I have to ask, is there more to this game than cut scenes and "mini-game" battles? I keep waiting for the real game to start, is this all it is?
    FFXIII is different from most others in the series in that it is extremely linear for the first 20-25 hours of the game. That said, if you can, I say give it 5 hours or so. The combat system at the beginning is severely limited until the characters get their real powers. It doesn't start opening up combat-wise until chapter 4, I think, when you get the ability to use paradigms.

I'm not going to defend the game, it is very flawed in how long it takes for it get going. But I will say that the combat system overall is my favorite of any RPG I've ever played. I would not recommend it as a place to start with Final Fantasy though. My suggestion: hop on PSN and download FF VII or IX (VIII is not as traditional as the other two) for $10.
  • I wanna play this.
    Congratulations,you can!
    Oh hell yes. The visual style is so fantastic.
  • FF VII
    That is a terrible place to start playing Final Fantasy games. If you're going to start with one, start with IV or VI. Might as well start with the best two, because it's all downhill from there.
  • "Issac Newton is the baddest motherfucker in space."

Also, I am positive that carrying a rocket launcher that you intend to use disqualifies you from the class "Civilian".