This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I love this thread :D
    I love it so much I want to date it now :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I need to learn how to make proper sweet tea before I move somewhere where it's completely unheard of.
  • I need to learn how to make proper sweet tea before I move somewhere where it's completely unheard of.
    Make tea. Add sugar to tea while it's still hot. Chill. Profit.
    Make tea. Add a ton of sugar to tea while it's still hot. Chill. Profit.
  • Then I suggest neither should you when it has no bearing on the GODDAMN CONVERSATION YOU ASS.
    Fuck, dude you were doing so well...
    Sorry, I just get pissed when someone brings up random insults that have nothing to do with anything. That comment was neither here nor there.
    *sigh* Off to Remedial Dissing with you!
  • Don't you usually make like a thin syrup first? And then sweeten with that?
    PSH, Northerners...
  • I love this thread :D
  • I love this thread :D
    Apr 17th 2008

There, I dated it.
    I suppose thats how you'd do it to add the sugar to cold unsweetened tea, you know, for the northerners who can't handle the proper amount of sugar.
  • edited October 2011
    I need to learn how to make proper sweet tea before I move somewhere where it's completely unheard of.
    I do that. It's not quite right. Just makes an okay sweet tea. Soul food truck around here makes the bestest sweet tea. I must learn her secrets.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I do that. It's not right.
    Add more sugar.
  • edited October 2011
    How long I've come in less than three years. It's been a longggggggggggg timeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • And now yall know why we're all fat down here.
    Southern Cooking: When in doubt, add more fat and more sugar.
  • That, and have you been outdoors in the summer down here? It's damn hot, so you might as well have some more sweet tea and just sit down and watch some TV.
    Southern Cooking: When in doubt, add more fat and more sugar.
    That's how Paula Deen got famous.
    I do that. It's not quite right. Just makes an okay sweet tea. Soul food truck around here makes the bestest sweet tea. I must learn her secrets.
    Okay okay, in all seriousness...
    Having the right tea to brew also helps with taste. Usually black tea is best. I use loose leaf tea because I'm a tea snob, although most people use regular lipton tea bags. Make sure you brew at the right temperature and time, or it can be weak or bitter. That and lots of sugar (real sugar of course, NO FAKE STUFF). Add some lemon slices for a nice kick, no fake flavoring stuff. Oh, and lots of ice.
  • That's how Paula Deen got Atherosclerosis.
  • I'm going to assume I've been making the tea wrong as it's a fairly safe bet.

If you steep tea for too long too many oils will enter the brew and it will become more bitter. The longer you steep, the more bitter.
  • PSH, Northerners...
    Well, that's how Alton Brown does it. You gonna argue with the Brown?
  • You gonna argue with the Brown?
    He went to UGA...so that information is dubious to say the least.
  • Why you ruin good tea with sugar?
  • Why ruin water with leaves? =P

I'm just not really a tea person. I do occasionally drink hot green tea at restaurants, but that's about it.
  • I love chai tea, but whenever I try to drink regular tea I always think it just tastes like nasty grass water.
  • edited October 2011
    Tea's not worthwhile unless it's sweet enough to rot your teeth away. And thank you for that Andrew.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I love green tea without sugar. It is the best :D
  • Give me a cup of nice, bitter, earthy, chocolatey loose black tea and you'll be my best friend at least until I finish drinking it.