This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Boo-yah: Got a really awesome power switch. One of these guys.

Fail: I tried to install it myself. Now my arm is all tingly.
  • Today, I was reminded that this exists.

I watched this so many times back in the day that I learned the lyrics.

I still know them.
  • edited October 2011
    Boo-yah: Got a really awesome power switch. One of these guys.

Fail: I tried to install it myself. Now my arm is all tingly.
    I'm guessing you didn't cut power from the breaker before attempting your electrical endeavor?
    Today, I was reminded that this exists.
    I was really hoping that would go in a similar direction as "Frontier Psychiatry".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Boo-Yah: We had a Health Fair at work with lots of free snacks and swag!

Fail #1: A crazy woo-woo lady with a stress tester. That was still in the package from Wally World. I LOL'ed at her.

Fail #2: According to this one "super accurate" test, I have a BMI of 38.7 with 34% body fat. I LOL'ed at that woman too.
  • Welp. Andrew Hussie just broke Newgrounds.

I'll let you decide where this lands, I'll just busy myself with this bowl of popcorn. Some people just wanna watch the internet burn.
  • The Daily Beast ranks 2011's most stressful colleges.
    WE'RE THE BEST!
    Wait, Tufts in #1 in crime....?
  • BooYah: Pre-downloaded BF3.
    Fail: Couldn't play until the 25th. BF3 sits on my PC mocking me.
    Fail: Have after-school obligations on Tuesday.
    BooYah: After-school obligations canceled due to meetings that I am not involved in.
    Fail: I have housework and cooking to do upon my return home.
    BooYah: Some BF3 will be played today. Screw housework.
  • edited October 2011
    BooYah: Pre-downloaded BF3.
    Fail: Couldn't play until the 25th. BF3 sits on my PC mocking me.
    I feel your pain -
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Holy hell, if I weren't so jealous of your functional government I'd tell you to get to a real country.
  • edited October 2011
    Holy hell, if I weren't so jealous of your functional government I'd tell you to get to a real country.
    Nah, It's universal, you'd be waiting the same time on PC in the US(it looks a day later on mine, but that's because of the time difference, I'm a day ahead and all.) I could walk down the street and buy it right now for 360 - well, but for the fact it's quarter past two in the morning - if I wanted to pay literally two and a half times the price.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Boo-Yah: Finally got internet back at my place.

Fail: Holy fucking shit, that took 3 hours and really shouldn't have. Jesus Comcast/Xfinity, why all this stupid pointless waiting? And because I had to install everything, I got weird Comcast Security/Email Software on my Mac, will I have to be extra careful downloading shows? What can I do?
  • edited October 2011
    One of my students has been sick and was still a bit under the weather today so I did an easy lesson where we talked about my cat, animals, and other things and used a lot of pictures.
    Bad: My boss was observing the lesson, so the whole time I was like "I am going to be so shouted at when this lesson is over.".
    Good: My boss was completely understanding and said I'd given a good lesson in sight of my student's condition.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited October 2011
    Fail: The transmission on my Tardis died last week, poor girl is still running if I don't change to 4th.
    Boo Yah: It was time to look for a new car (exciting)
    Fail: They did not have the color that I was looking for in the tri-state area.
    Boo Yah: It looks like I got a very good deal for a 2012 Civic EX Sedan
    Fail: I didn't get the 0.99% interest since this is my very first mayor loan.
    Boo Yah: I found out my credit score is 744 so I got a 1.99% and because they thought I didn't want to buy the car they lower the price from 22890 to 20,500 with some extras. (I mostly was looking for a Tardis blue one but Mist Cool is nice enough). I wonder if I pulled an Irresponsible Captain Taylor's without even noticing :O

Pro-tip : buying the extra warranty is not so great my bad bought it when we first got to the USA and it didn't help at all when he really needed :O

Also, I didn't know that now we don't use the timing belt but a timing chain WTF! :O
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • because they thought I didn't want to buy the car they lower the price from 22890 to 20,500 with some extras. (I mostly was looking for a Tardis blue one but Mist Cool is nice enough). I wonder if I pulled an Irresponsible Captain Taylor's without even noticing :O
    Was 22890 the asking price? You may have been able to push it down another thousand or two if it was.
  • The transmission on my Tardis died last week
    Wait, your transmitting things to/from your TARDIS... oh, your Tardis is your car...
  • because they thought I didn't want to buy the car they lower the price from 22890 to 20,500 with some extras. (I mostly was looking for a Tardis blue one but Mist Cool is nice enough). I wonder if I pulled an Irresponsible Captain Taylor's without even noticing :O
    Was 22890 the asking price? You may have been able to push it down another thousand or two if it was.
    Well, the msrp for the Civic EX from the car that I have right now is $22,814 and I got it for 20,500. I really was about to leave because when they brought that price with the extra stuff that I didn't want. I heard most dealers do add the extra stuff why do they do that? The only thing that I really wanted were the alloy wheels, they kind of saved me on last season snowmaggedon.
    However, I think I could have gotten a better price. However, I also got free inspections for lifetime :D
  • Fail: Didn't win the costume contest on Friday.
    Boo Yah: Won Saturdays contest.
    Super Boo Yah: Paid rent with winnings!
  • Your rent is $150?!
  • It's actually more, but it covered my balance.
  • Fail: The audio in jack on the speaker I mount on my bike got pretty messed up.
    Boo Yah: When I tried to bypass it, I found the two most awesome soldering points ever in history!
    Fail/BooYah: I also bypassed a resistor which, while increasing the output volume significantly, may cause me some trouble later on. Oh well!
  • Boo-yah: Helped a seriously grateful customer today with a genuinely dangerous condition (fuel squirting into engine compartment).
    Fail: Failed to satisfy two other customers, one of whom knows my boss. We've also talked several times about staying nice to customers, but try as I might I find it difficult to regulate my tone without actively keeping track.
  • Depending on how shit-talking some of my friends turn out to be, I may wind up cosplaying as Flutterguy for PAX East.
  • Boo yah: Week's vacation starting tomorrow! I can devote a bunch of time to my website, personal open source projects, and visiting a lady-friend in VA!
    Fail: Vacation is unpaid. Fucking furloughs.
  • edited November 2011
    Fail: Serious lack of productivity today.
    Boo-Yah: Chatting with awesome friends and having good conversations. You know who you are. ^_~
    Boo-Yah: Already figured out what to get/make for my Secret Santee, which was happenstance because I was already planning on something for them anyways. My fun has been doubled.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I have to get up at 5am on Sunday to fly to my next gig. I'll also be spending about 21 hours sitting in various planes to get there.

I'm off to Hawaii!
  • I have to get up at 5am on Sunday to fly to my next gig. I'll also be spending about 21 hours sitting in various planes to get there.

I'm off to Hawaii!
    Best time to go, in my opinion. The weather is perfect. Not too hot, not to cold. Just right.
  • I'll be in Honolulu for a whole day! That is way more time in a country than I normally get. The another day at a different spot. Then six days at sea. That last is the fail.
  • Fail: forgot to do a take-home test for calculus class, didn't realize until the start of class
    Boo Yah: the teacher wasn't very concerned and just told me to talk to him tomorrow.
    Double Boo Yah: when I went back to talk to the teacher, he walked me over to a corner and said "Give me a number." "90... 95?" "Let's say 96."

Fuck yeah favoritism!
  • Fail: I had two meals today, and both of them were bacon sandwiches.
    Booh Yah: Tesco sells this smoked thick-cut back bacon, and it is some next level shit. Fairly cheap and beats the utter piss out of pretty much every other bacon I have ever purchased from any supermarket. It's got all the best parts of American bacon (really smokey, super-thick), and all the best parts of British bacon (very lean, and the fat renders super easily). It's the greatest thing ever.