This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Upgrade to Vanilla 2

Comments

• When's this going down? Tomorrow-ish?
    Surprise time! When I feel like it!
  • edited October 2011
    Ok guys. If there are real problems, let me know. Otherwise, I don't want any complaining. Remember the lesson of the Boston Citgo sign. When they first wanted to put the sign up everyone complained because it was big and ugly they didn't want to go up. Years later when they wanted to take it down, people again complained because it had become a landmark.

Most people just resist change of any kind. Don't be those people. Things change in this world. You have to adapt. Deal with it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It seems like the upgrade messed up some of the thumbnails for some peoples accounts, the most obvious is the Mr Period one.
  • Looks good, I'd probably make the template a little wider since most have widescreen monitors these days. Will also be cool to play with the api.
  • edited October 2011
    It seems like the upgrade messed up some of the thumbnails for some peoples accounts, the most obvious is the Mr Period one.
    WTF! It was fine a second ago. Checking it out.
  • It seems like the upgrade messed up some of the thumbnails for some peoples accounts, the most obvious is the Mr Period one.
    WTF! It was fine a second ago. Checking it out.
    Fixed. There was a second legacy directory of avatars that needed to be moved.
    Looks good, I'd probably make the template a little wider since most have widescreen monitors these days. Will also be cool to play with the api.
    The theme is like that because there is a sidebar.
  • Looks like the conversion had some problems with special characters in names like "¡It Is GünterTime!".
  • Looks like the conversion had some problems with special characters in names like "¡It Is GünterTime!".
    Yeah, even El Joe seems to break the quoting mechanism.
  • My avatar was also broken/missing, so I reuploaded it.
  • Is the link to the main page of frontrowcrew.com going to added back to the top of the page?
  • Is the link to the main page of frontrowcrew.com going to added back to the top of the page?
    I can't control where that link goes. Maybe I can try adding a link somewhere else.

• edited October 2011
    Looks like the conversion had some problems with special characters in names like "¡It Is GünterTime!".
    It looks like the name itself is doubly-coded utf-8.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • Can you change the sign in to name instead of e-mail?
    It looks like the name itself is doubly-coded utf-8.
    Vanilla 2 doesn't seem to allow usernames that have characters other than letters, numbers, and spaces. That includes unicode characters. We can only have them because we imported from Vanilla 1. If you try to change it, you'll be f'ed. I submitted a bug report.

• edited October 2011
    Can you change the sign in to name instead of e-mail?
    Doesn't seem like it. But you can always change your e-mail to a different one.

Also, I can try to add facebook, OpenID, or other kinds of auth.
  • On my phone right now loving how it looks on it.
  • I'm not liking so much how it looks right now on my computer, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I.E. I liked borders..
  • edited October 2011
    Bug:
    http://imgur.com/HywQN

Also, can we add the image and video dialogs in the commenting box?
    I'm not liking so much how it looks right now on my computer, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I.E. I liked borders..
    I think the problem is that the comments are limited in the amount of space they utilize on the screen.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited October 2011
    Bug:
    http://imgur.com/HywQN

Also, can we add the image and video dialogs in the commenting box?
    I'm not liking so much how it looks right now on my computer, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I.E. I liked borders..
    I think the problem is that the comments are limited in the amount of space they utilize on the screen.
    I don't see the bug. It's properly downsizing the image for me. Hmm, it seems like it maybe needs one page load to figure out the image is too big, and the on subsequent loads it is smaller? Not sure.

I have to find a plugin to add a WYSIWYG, but a dialog isn't really necessary anymore. If you want to embed a video, just paste the youtube link without any tags or anything. For an image, stick with the img src=""> For spoilers, the spoiler plugin actually does BBCode. I can change it to use HTML, or leave it as it. Not sure.

asdf
    I was able to log in the old fashioned way of username and password on my computer as well as on my iPhone.

I do like the auto save draft function. Makes me not really need Lazarus as much, except for other sites.

I see that you can no longer see who is online. No more stalking.
    I was able to log in the old fashioned way of username and password on my computer as well as on my iPhone.

I do like the auto save draft function. Makes me not really need Lazarus as much, except for other sites.

Some guy wrote a who's online plugin, and is trying to charge moneys for it.

I also confirmed that username works even though the login box says Email.

Lame
  • Some guy wrote a who's online plugin, and is trying to charge moneys for it.
    Fuck that noise. I also noticed that the highlighting certain text to just quote that part of the post no longer works. :/

• Looking good so far. Not too bothered by the squashed thread column.
  • If you guys want stuff that doesn't yet exist or work properly you can write your own Vanilla plugins. Otherwise, you gotta wait.
  • The squashed columns will take some adjusting. All that unused space! That could be filled with...discussions!

Or pictures of naked chicks.
  • The squashed columns will take some adjusting. All that unused space! That could be filled with...discussions!

Or pictures of naked chicks.
    Just wait until the Project Wonderful ads are back :P

• Its all new and purty!
  • I severely dislike the absence of the buttons, like for inserting images and videos and whatnot. Also, the design of the forums is now severely lacking and full of misused space.