This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• 10 christian billboards.
    The first comment were my thoughts exactly: At least they got the “Hell” right in #9; it is written in Comic Sans.
  • The Orange County Sheriff Office uses Comic Sans on their cop cars.
  • edited December 2011
    Ughh, one of those #4 billboards was up in my area. I passed coming home from school every day.

EDIT: Why is that a hyperlink?
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Last night I tried to get all of the Damascus flags in Assassins Creed. When I started I had 33. I used an online map of flag locations. When I was done I had checked all 100 locations but only had 99 flags. Yeah, I fucked up...
    There are 4 or 5 flags that are most frequently missed. Google for the problem, and then check out the specific flags they tell you to check out.

Well, I'm convinced. The loving embrace of Christianity certainly calls to me through those ads. I guess I'd better call up a priest or whatever and get some sweet, sweet salvation.
    But...but...according to those ads the pope is the anti-christ!
    I must admit, though, I chuckled at the 2nd one, about asking for a sign. That was a rare case of billboard Christians displaying something of a sense of humor and a decent design aesthetic.
    Well, I'm convinced. The loving embrace of Christianity certainly calls to me through those ads. I guess I'd better call up a priest or whatever and get some sweet, sweet salvation.
    But...but...according to those ads the pope is the anti-christ!
    I must admit, though, I chuckled at the 2nd one, about asking for a sign. That was a rare case of billboard Christians displaying something of a sense of humor and a decent design aesthetic.
    I liked that one, but the rest just made me shake my head and be ashamed to be associated with Christians.
  • edited December 2011
    You know, sometimes I think it is unfair to rag on Christians because of the more obnoxious segments of their religion. Most Christians (and Muslims, Jews, and Hindus) are just nice, normal people with a slight illogical belief. Judging all Christians based on stuff like the Westboro Baptists is like judging all of anime fandom by "Shit Otaku Say."
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Emily is entirely correct and, honestly, it makes me more than a little sad that what she said had to be pointed out.
  • But why are the craziest always the loudest?!?
  • You know, sometimes I think it is unfair to rag on Christians because of the more obnoxious segments of their religion. Most Christians (and Muslims, Jews, and Hindus) are just nice, normal people with a slight illogical belief. Judging all Christians based on stuff like the Westboro Baptists is like judging all of anime fandom by "Shit Otaku Say."
    It's always unfair to rag on an entire group because of the actions of a select, obnoxious few.

George, if you are associated with Christians you like, then you should be talking about why your friends are better than that instead of being ashamed of the actions of other non-related jerks. (If you don't like the Christians you are associated with, stop associating with them.)
  • Yeah my parents are what I call "innocent" Christians. They just love God and Jebus and whatnot and don't harm anyone. Sure my mom has negative opinions of gays, for example, but she would never be unkind to them. I feel like as a whole, most Christians are just people that believe in God because everyone else does (at least here in the south) and don't think too much of it. Its the crazy hell preachers that everyone notices though.
  • I think that a lot of Christians, if you ask them out of the blue, would be sort of against gay marriage, but if they had gay family members or friends, they would wish their happiness. This is how my grandma is. I had an argument with her about it, and her thing was that it was not really traditional. However, when I talked about my friends, I think she started to agree with me more, because she is a nice and empathetic person.
  • My opinion of Christians as a whole group changes varying on my day to day experiences. I try not to generalize outside of joking, but sometimes I really start channeling Christopher Hitchens. Of course, outside of people who simply keep quiet about their beliefs I'm not friends with any Christians.

Probably because if they are the sort of people to bring religion up when it's not called for, they're not the sort of person I'd be friends with.
  • #2 made me laugh... The rest are despicable, but that one's pretty fun.
  • I'm doing my yearly required Privacy training for work. This new program/presentation is all done with Comic Sans as their font.

*sigh*
  • Emily is entirely correct and, honestly, it makes me more than a little sad that what she said had to be pointed out.
    Eh. For people looking in from the outside, it's hard to remember that there are nice Christians sometimes, because we tend to be quiet...
    Me, on the other hand...XD

• While trying to clean out my fridge I shattered the largest glass shelf on my feet. Fuck.
  • While trying to clean out my fridge I shattered the largest glass shelf on my feet. Fuck.
    O.O

Die Hard is not the best Christmas movie to try to re-create.
  • I hope you're not hurt.

I broke one of the ashtrays today. I'm gonna get it.
  • Just picked up a saucepan that was in a 450 oven for over 30 min
  • I'm doing my yearly required Privacy training for work. This new program/presentation is all done with Comic Sans as their font.

*sigh*
    I've heard that because Comic Sans is a little hard to read, it makes people pay more attention and retain more. I can't site anything on that, though, so take it for what you will.
    *sigh*
    I've heard that because Comic Sans is a little hard to read, it makes people pay more attention and retain more. I can't site anything on that, though, so take it for what you will.
    Be that as it may, there are certainly other mildly hard to read fonts that aren't Comic Sans.
  • Due to a verity of accidents I managed to get the tips of my fingers infected and give myself a concussion.
  • To add a caveat to a crappy day the washing machine has just broken, joy upon joy.
  • Spent about 2 hours trying to find some way to get the Vocals out of a song I'm rewriting for a Christmas Carol Contest. Couldn't get rid of it for free, tried the Audacity and Garageband ways with no avail, and I couldn't even find a Karaoke or Instrumental version of the song.

And the deadline is tomorrow, and I'll be crutched against others in the competition. Oh well, at least I will try.
  • What's the song?
  • "It's So Cold in the D" by T-Baby. ...Yes, a very terrible song, but I basically wanted to turn shit into gold and the people who run the site love it for what it is, so I wanted to go for that instead of just you know, remaking Frosty the Snowman or something.
  • Due to a verity of accidents I managed to get the tips of my fingers infected and give myself a concussion.
    What? How?
  • Girlfriend just had her driver's side window explode in on her while driving today. Probably from a vogue rock. She's pretty shaken up, but unhurt thankfully.