This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• PAX COMIC INVASION

Another perspective on the Order of the Stick Game. The following was transcribed immediately after it occurred.

PAX EAST COMICS LOLOLOLOL
  • HAHAH! I had sandwiches on the brain!
  • You both keep forgetting poor Greg...
  • He's right there on the left with attacking me with Justin. :/
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2012
    LOL!! That's even better than I thought it would be l! By the way, I love the way you drew me (the dude with the beret).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • He's right there on the left with attacking me with Justin. :/
    He's not in the wide shot. Thus my confusion.

Also, open sketch: are you going to do a comic on the "I'm helping/You're stealing!" exchange?
  • Yes, of course.
  • The only good part of that game was hanging with you guys. Otherwise...*shoots with gun again*
  • I distinctly remember being offered up as a human shield. I didn't particularly enjoy that game either, though I want to try it when everybody knows the rules.
  • I liked it, but I think you have to be the kind of person where RAW Dungeons and Dragons First Ed sounds like a cool idea.
  • The only good part of that game was hanging with you guys. Otherwise...*shoots with gun again*
    I seem to remember you agreeing to play it at any future cons we want to play it at.
    I distinctly remember being offered up as a human shield. I didn't particularly enjoy that game either, though I want to try it when everybody knows the rules.
    You were offered up as a human shield because you kept on force-healing people, so no one liked you.
    I liked it, but I think you have to be the kind of person where RAW Dungeons and Dragons First Ed sounds like a cool idea.
    By first ed, do you mean first D20 ed, or first ed?
  • First ed.
  • OD&D 1974, the only true game.
    I seem to remember you agreeing to play it at any future cons we want to play it at.
    Yeah, before the second try we did where I learned to hate it.

• To be fair, you could've kicked any two of our asses had you wished.
  • Only if I knew how! T_T
  • 2nd? You guys played again without me? :(
  • Who here went to PAX East and play-tested Jeremy's game Supernatural Selection? Just curious.

I've been working on some new card template designs for him and would like some feedback.
  • Who here went to PAX East and play-tested Jeremy's game Supernatural Selection? Just curious.

I've been working on some new card template designs for him and would like some feedback.
    I chatted with him about it briefly at one point, but I didn't get a chance to actually play. I'd be more than happy to help out and give feedback in the future though.

• Yeah he told me about that. The original templates were all the same M:TG template and all the same color. I changed things up a bit to make it easier for people to differentiate the Task (action) cards along with the Dinosaur (victory) point cards.

He looks forward to showing you the game, hopefully at Prime. He has changes to make and got a lot of great feedback from people, especially from Frank.
  • I thought I was over the post-PAX depression at this point, apparently not. It just took longer to hit me this year.
  • I thought I was over the post-PAX depression at this point, apparently not. It just took longer to hit me this year.
    QFT. I can't wait till the next East.
  • I work at a bookstore, and today someone came up and asked, "I was at PAX, and they read this kids picture book up on stage. Something about a bear and a lost hat. Do you know which one I'm talking about?"

It is spreading.
  • I work at a bookstore, and today someone came up and asked, "I was at PAX, and they read this kids picture book up on stage. Something about a bear and a lost hat. Do you know which one I'm talking about?"

It is spreading.
    Did you know which one, and did you have it in stock?
  • Oh believe me, I was there at the Q&A where they read it, I was well aware of I Want My Hat Back before PAX, and I've made sure we have plenty in stock and is featured prominently in the store.
  • Oh believe me, I was there at the Q&A where they read it, I was well aware of I Want My Hat Back before PAX, and I've made sure we have plenty in stock and is featured prominently in the store.
    Awww YEAH.
  • Also this is my new Facebook timeline header:

And the Kid's Department head at the store has been pushing me to read I Want My Hat Back for the weekly kid's storytime, which is quite amusing for him because of how amazingly anti-children I am.
  • You win all the timeline points. I've seen a lot of people doing funny timelines lately. I like the one where the guy has the Sistine Chapel god giving him a light.
  • Don't do it for the kids. Do it because you get to say "I HAVE SEEN MY HAT!" every week.
  • RymRym
    edited April 2012
    Tonight on GeekNights, we return at the turn of the tide, having recovered from PAX, hopefully in time for PAX! We bring you some initial coverage of PAX East 2012, and then consider Werewolf, or Mafia, or Beantown: whatever you call it, we present the Mafia-likes.

http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20120417/pax-east-2012-and-mafia-likes/
    Post edited by Rym on