This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• But what are they going to do with all those episodes?
  • Hopefully something great. Maybe just a whole series of slice-of-life shorts about Korra managing the peace in Republic City, and occasional tournament arcs.

Wait, tournament arcs are always terrible, nevermind.
  • I would be okay with 30 episodes of "Tales from Bah Sing Say."
  • While I'm happy that a good show gets support I'm not too excited when heavily story based series is continued. We have already seen Korra's story. She learned the lesson, defeated the antagonist and even got the boy.

The future adventures of Korra will probably be alright, possibly good or even better than the first season, but honestly I'd rather see a totally new story. New story with new protagonist.
  • Question: why does Korra look like a dude whenever her tits aren't visible?
  • edited July 2012
    Question: why does Korra look like a dude whenever her tits aren't visible?
    Because you watch too much anime and have gotten used to pretty boys.
    I would be okay with 30 episodes of "Tales from Ba Sing Se"
    Amen to that.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • But she's the only woman in the show that I know off whose character design is basically male with a squiggle to denote tits.

I don't really watch anime with pretty boys prancing about. The latest would be Moyashimon Returns (... fuck), where the only design they improved was Kei's. WHAT DID THEY DO TO OUR MISS ARGICULTURE?!?! D:
  • edited July 2012
    But she's the only woman in the show that I know off whose character design is basically male with a squiggle to denote tits.

I don't really watch anime with pretty boys prancing about. The latest would be Moyashimon Returns (... fuck), where the only design they improved was Kei's. WHAT DID THEY DO TO OUR MISS ARGICULTURE?!?! D:
    I like it. it makes her look more athletic and, well, human.
    edit: to clarify, i dont think she looks like a guy. i think most anime girls look.. impossible.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited July 2012
    I like it. it makes her look more athletic and, well, human.
    edit: to clarify, i dont think she looks like a guy. i think most anime girls look.. impossible.
    Note how I did not compare her to any anime girls. I compared her to other female characters in the same show with the same graphical style.

Also, since I mentioned it in the last post and don't feel like leaving you folks hanging on that unrelated tangent. Last column, just look what they did to Mutou (top is new design, bottom is oldbest design).
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Question: why does Korra look like a dude whenever her tits aren't visible?
    Some women have muscular arms like that. Considering she is an athlete, I think it is a good depiction. I really like Korra's design. She actually is closer to my body type than most anime girls, since I have a wide ribcage, defined muscles on my arms and legs, and narrow hips.
  • Athletic women are hot...just sayin.
  • I think so too.
  • Ditto, but not women that are bulked up. I'm not afraid to say it: Women with rippling muscles, bulging veins, and pecs instead of boobs frighten me.
  • Athletic women are hot...just sayin.
    This. A million times.
  • I think so too.
  • Some women have muscular arms like that. Considering she is an athlete, I think it is a good depiction. I really like Korra's design. She actually is closer to my body type than most anime girls, since I have a wide ribcage, defined muscles on my arms and legs, and narrow hips.
    No, it's not the arms either. Those are perfectly fine and ambiguous. I just can't spot anything in her design that indicates she's a woman besides a squiggly line. While every other character is distinctively male or female.
  • I think so too.
    Me three.
  • edited July 2012
    For example

Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited July 2012
    Some women have muscular arms like that. Considering she is an athlete, I think it is a good depiction. I really like Korra's design. She actually is closer to my body type than most anime girls, since I have a wide ribcage, defined muscles on my arms and legs, and narrow hips.
    No, it's not the arms either. Those are perfectly fine and ambiguous. I just can't spot anything in her design that indicates she's a woman besides a squiggly line. While every other character is distinctively male or female.
    Disagree, I found her distinctly female. Her shoulders were not as broad as the males of the show for example.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Disagree, I found her distinctly female. Her shoulders were not as broad as the males of the show for example.
    Yep, same here. She looked like a highly athletic female to me, perhaps with a swimmer's sort of body (hey, she is a native waterbender, after all).
  • Disagree, I found her distinctly female. Her shoulders were not as broad as the males of the show for example.
    I will have to see it in motion at some point anyway. I was hoping there was an artist or animator who could've explained why she looks so much different from the other women stylistically.
  • edited July 2012
    I will have to see it in motion at some point anyway. I was hoping there was an artist or animator who could've explained why she looks so much different from the other women stylistically.
    I think it's purely a case of her having a very athletic build. If you look at women in real life, you do see quite the variation of builds between them, after all. Even among athletes, you often see different builds. A swimmer's build is different from that of a distance runner, for example. In the case of the show, Korra is pretty much the most athletic of all the women we see. Lin Bei Fong comes close as far as athleticism, but she is 50-ish or so and has the look of someone who is physically fit for her age, but not in the same manner as Korra (again, swimmer vs. runner, for example). Asami has the look of the pampered woman who, while certainly not out of shape, has the physique of someone who hasn't had to do much in the way of physical labor. Pema looks like, well, a mom, and the other girls are her and Tenzin's kids who, well, look like kids.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • edited July 2012
    Even amongst athletes facial features are very recognizable as male or female though. Having an athletic physique shouldn't make me go "Wut? Tits?" when I finally see an image of more than just face + shoulders.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2012
    It probably helps to see it in motion, too - from the few clips I've seen of the show, she moves in a feminine manner.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I blame that fucking tumblr for being hilarious and posting a bunch of stills of Avatar on the side.
  • Even amongst athletes facial features are very recognizable as male or female though. Having an athletic physique shouldn't make me go "Wut? Tits?" when I finally see an image of more than just face + shoulders.
    Maybe it's just me, but I found her face plenty feminine.
  • Not just you. I never mistook her for male at any point.
  • I think it's just Nine. He is part cat after all, and you can never really tell the sex of a cat from looking at them. :3
  • I think it's just Nine. He is part cat after all, and you can never really tell the sex of a cat from looking at them. :3
    So they all look alike? sounds kinda racist to me.
    So they all look alike? sounds kinda racist to me.
    Naw, Ro is just mixing up Being a cat with Being Dutch.