This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• I think it's just Nine. He is part cat after all, and you can never really tell the sex of a cat from looking at them. :3
    So they all look alike? sounds kinda racist to me.
    Naw, Ro is just mixing up Being a cat with Being Dutch.

Come to think of it, there were all those Dutch folks I saw while on vacation in Curacao last year... and... hmm... you may have something there...
  • Come to think of it, there were all those Dutch folks I saw while on vacation in Curacao last year... and... hmm... you may have something there...
    GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR BACKYARD YOU CUNT. Also, they are Curaçaoan, not all Dutch.
  • So I had a dream that I was an Earth Bender like Toph and Lin Beifong. It was the coolest dream.

It then got me to wondering about the Beifongs. If Toph had Lin, did she get married? I guess in their universe last names don't carry over to the spouse? Maybe she didn't get married? Also, will Lin have children to pass the skill of seeing by feeling?

Perhaps she may train Korra to do this in the upcoming seasons.
  • edited July 2012
    It then got me to wondering about the Beifongs. If Toph had Lin, did she get married? I guess in their universe last names don't carry over to the spouse? Maybe she didn't get married?
    I think it's more likely Toph just wanted to keep her own name, and there was no way anyone was going to tell her otherwise.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • It then got me to wondering about the Beifongs. If Toph had Lin, did she get married? I guess in their universe last names don't carry over to the spouse? Maybe she didn't get married?
    I think it's more likely Toph just wanted to keep her own name, and there was no way anyone was going to tell her otherwise.
    Also the Beifong is a super well known name. Don't forget that Toph's parents were super super rich. So if she did get married the husband probably took her name to keep the Beifong name going.

• Yeah, I thought about that. But I also would like to think that in their world people can choose whatever name they want to take.
  • It wouldn't surprise me if Toph just didn't get married.

"Hmm. I have a sudden urge to make more of me. Captain, have that man washed and oiled and sent to my chambers." *gestures randomly in the men's locker room*
  • It then got me to wondering about the Beifongs. If Toph had Lin, did she get married?
    I think that's supposed to be explained in the comic.
  • OOH. I have them, but have not read them. I should do that. Stupid Saga and Locke & Key.

I'm also watching LoK again and am still full of feels when I watch it. I wouldn't mind getting the official soundtrack if there is one. I know there are unofficial ones, but a nice legit copy would be cool.
  • edited July 2012
    Where is my Avatar: The Last Airbender pen and paper rpg?!! That's what I want to know. The setting is just so ripe for a rpg. I guess you could use a modified L5R or Exalted game, but someone should really get on top of this.
    Post edited by jabrams007 on
  • Where is my Avatar: The Last Airbender pen and paper rpg?!! That's what I want to know. The setting is just so ripe for a rpg. I you could use a modified L5R or Exalted game, but someone should really get on top of this.
    When I watched the first series I actually considered building an Avatar crunch for the Solar System, but I wasn't sure if I would ever play it, so I didn't bother.

• edited July 2012
    Where is my Avatar: The Last Airbender pen and paper rpg?!! That's what I want to know. The setting is just so ripe for a rpg. I you could use a modified L5R or Exalted game, but someone should really get on top of this.
    It's coming right after the Avatar Kinect game. Mark my words: This will happen. (or not.)

Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • Where is my Avatar: The Last Airbender pen and paper rpg?!! That's what I want to know. The setting is just so ripe for a rpg. I guess you could use a modified L5R or Exalted game, but someone should really get on top of this.
    Given the generally low power of most of the characters, WoD might be appropriate.
  • Where is my Avatar: The Last Airbender pen and paper rpg?!! That's what I want to know. The setting is just so ripe for a rpg. I guess you could use a modified L5R or Exalted game, but someone should really get on top of this.
    Given the generally low power of most of the characters, WoD might be appropriate.
    In terms of power levels, I would generally agree with you. But I don't thing WoD is a good fit for the martial arts and elemental powers that an Avatar game would require. That's why I mentioned Legend of the Five Rings and Exalted.

• edited July 2012
    It wouldn't surprise me if Toph just didn't get married.

"Hmm. I have a sudden urge to make more of me. Captain, have that man washed and oiled and sent to my chambers." *gestures randomly in the men's locker room*
    I can almost guarantee you there is a fanfiction that has exactly that.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Disagree, I found her distinctly female. Her shoulders were not as broad as the males of the show for example.
    I will have to see it in motion at some point anyway. I was hoping there was an artist or animator who could've explained why she looks so much different from the other women stylistically.
    Well the obvious answer would be to make her easily distinguishable from the other female characters, especially in silhouette. Also, the design notes specify that they wanted to make it obvious that Korra was very athletic, thus she has greater muscle definition and a generally heavier build than the other women in the show.
  • So I had a dream that I was an Earth Bender like Toph and Lin Beifong. It was the coolest dream.

It then got me to wondering about the Beifongs. If Toph had Lin, did she get married? I guess in their universe last names don't carry over to the spouse? Maybe she didn't get married? Also, will Lin have children to pass the skill of seeing by feeling?

Perhaps she may train Korra to do this in the upcoming seasons.
    I'm wondering what happened to Sokka and Suki. I'm fond of Suki, she's alright.

• At the Korra CTcon panel, we decided that Lin's father is The Boulder.
  • Come to think of it, there were all those Dutch folks I saw while on vacation in Curaçao last year... and... hmm... you may have something there...
    GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR BACKYARD YOU CUNT. Also, they are Curaçaoan, not all Dutch.
    Nope, they were Dutch. I'm talking about tourists visiting from the Netherlands, not the natives and folks who live on Curaçao year-round.
  • Come to think of it, there were all those Dutch folks I saw while on vacation in Curaçao last year... and... hmm... you may have something there...
    Nope, they were Dutch. I'm talking about tourists visiting from the Netherlands, not the natives and folks who live on Curaçao year-round.
    I repeat, get out of our backyard you cunt!
    I repeat, get out of our backyard you cunt!
    Given the experience I had in Curaçao, the odds of me returning are pretty slim.
  • Do tell.
  • Do tell.
    Combination of things, though the place we stayed at certainly contributed greatly to the negative experience -- enough that we thought if we stayed somewhere else on the island (which is beautiful in many parts), it may have changed our opinion. However, the main thing was just all the poverty there -- it was kind of depressing to see that when you're on vacation.
  • You'll run into that on most of those islands around the equator.
  • You guys need to stop this stuff and talk more Avatar.

Relevant, awesome cosplay at ComiCon.

• That's just all kinds of awesome.
  • Are you an artist? Are you any good? Then Nickelodeon looks to hire people like you!

Nickelodeon seeks story board artist for Legend of Korra.
  • Whelp, guess it's time to learn how to draw.