This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Wait... that is Monday Night Combat/SMNC.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Yeah, I know what MNC/SMNC is. I have it, but have never played it. I would think most people are in same boat as myself. :P

It's like the TF2 name just makes things that more attractive. I am also tempted to buy Hero Academy on Steam because I saw they had TF2 characters.
  • So, what time does the update go live? And who is going to write a first impressions so I may live vicariously through them as I slowly pass through the rest of the day at the office...
  • Someone who doesn't work. :P
  • Just seeing this now. I was playing T2 about 3 hours ago and no update. I'm no longer foaming at the mouth, due to Valves loose definition of "15th".
  • edited August 2012
    Just seeing this now. I was playing T2 about 3 hours ago and no update. I'm no longer foaming at the mouth, due to Valves loose definition of "15th".
    Valve time, yo. They never said the 15th of which year.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Just seeing this now. I was playing T2 about 3 hours ago and no update. I'm no longer foaming at the mouth, due to Valves loose definition of "15th".
    Valve time, yo. They never said the 15th of which year.
    Shit balls your right, whelp back to bone dry valley for me! These are seasonal floods and the waters have run dry.

• Posted by value 4 minut ago, it's supposed to be live. I'm logging in once this movie is done.
  • WHY U NO UPDATE DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN
  • I'm watching The Newsroom, so I'm good.
  • It seems the update just hit. Currently downloading it now.
  • Hrmmm. Attend a small board game night or digest MVM... #firstworldproblems #overdonehashtag
  • I cannot seem to stay connected to the matching server.
  • The steam servers are too busy right now. I can't install TF2. :(
  • ZOMG installing. 10 minutes.
  • It's been installing for a while for me...Still only 68% done...
  • It's taking its sweet time for me as well.
  • I want to know what magic Steam works to get 1.6 MB per sec on a 1.5 Mb per sec connection.
  • edited August 2012
    The same magic whereby I'm getting 50 KB/s on my cable connection :(

EDIT: Done! Now it's just telling me the matchmaking servers are down.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Yeah, I'm done downloading. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to play. I'll play iOS games and read comics.
  • Can't wait to get home and play some Mann vs. Machine
  • Estimated wait time 40 min... are you fucking kidding me? I get it, everyone is trying to play this at once, but come on. Also, from what I have seen, it seems silly that you actually need to pick up the money the bots drop, considering they come in a constant stream. This mode is very similar to Killing Floor, but there you get money based on what you killed, no picking it up (except for hidden cash piles/weapons).
  • edited August 2012
    It's been said before, but you can run your own servers. And if you input sv_pure 1 into the console, it enables VAC and allows you to get proper item drops and the like.

I tried an official server thisafternoon, and it gave me an estimated wait time of an hour and a half. Fuck that, I can wait.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I can't even connect to the TF Game Coordinator. Even in regular multiplayer mode. Fuck. Well, back to minecraft.
  • I can't even connect to the TF Game Coordinator. Even in regular multiplayer mode. Fuck. Well, back to minecraftCS:GO.
  • I can't even connect to the TF Game Coordinator. Even in regular multiplayer mode. Fuck. Well, back to minecraft CS:GO Civ V.
  • Just go to the server list and hit up games that with mvm maps. Duh and/or hello.
  • AmpAmp
    edited August 2012
    Looking at only 30 mins!

Edit; the time just fucking went up!
    Post edited by Amp on
  • May have just found a way to Mann vs. Machine on our private server. Further updates as my own boredom warrants.