This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• I'm on a bus. Sitting next to another Enforcer.
  • edited March 2013
    Already playing Indigo with George's friend, Dan.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2013
    Question for experienced flyers...

I'm checking in to Airtran right now and got to the seat map page to select a seat. Its showing me that all of the coach seats are taken, but there are several business class seats available. I was thinking about upgrading anyway since its pretty cheap, and Airtran coach is awful. But anyway, has this ever happened to anyone before? Do you think its bc it'll randomly assign it when you get your boarding pass so they deactivated those seats, or its a scam to get people to upgrade, or they actually overbooked? Just curious... Also wondering if they really did book every coach seat that I could complain and get the business class seat for free. Hmm.

Edit for context: My flight is at 7:30 tonight, for reference. (So its not like I waited till right before my flight to check in and duh, every seat is taken.)

Edit #2: The internet is telling me that if you book through a discount site (Orbitz for me) that Airtran won't let you choose seats. Except for those premium business class of course. So I'm going to go with its a scam. :-P
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • Question for experienced flyers...
    It's pretty common on most US airlines that coach sells out before any other categories (1st, business, etc), and that people with high frequent-flier status get free upgrades to those seats if they're still not sold shortly before people start boarding.

I don't think I ever got an upgrade by complaining. And I have in fact complained a bit. More often (for flights, rental cars, hotel rooms) I've scored upgrades when I was being super nice, especially if the company had screwed something up somehow, or when circumstances beyond everyone's control made it clear that life was shitting on me that day.
  • Ro and I and George and Dan are at the renaissance playing games. It is next to LTK.
  • Scam. That's why I always Jet Blue whenever possible.
  • You're flying Airtran take all possible steps to improve the flight. Step 1: Don't fly Airtran.
  • Punk kids in my Facebook feed give so much schadenfreude. Only three of my friends are going for more than one day, and the one-dayer staying the latest is staying until 8. Every complaint I have had about my PAX situation has just turned into "it's so hard to be a saint in the city".
  • We are still fucking driving. Got 4 plus hours ahead of us... Probably gonna just all-nighter it more or less. We can sleep when we are dead/when PAX ends.
  • We arrived. The "4+ hours" was a bit of an optimistic guess; it wasn't helped by how fucking lost we got in this stupid city. Prolly gonna miss the opening so we can take a short nap.
  • Oh yeah, Yug is there. If you see him, go say hi, introduce yourself, chat a little - he's a pretty cool dude.
  • Oh yeah, Yug is there. If you see him, go say hi, introduce yourself, chat a little - he's a pretty cool dude.
    If we see him, how will we know he is Yug?
  • edited March 2013
    Oh yeah, Yug is there. If you see him, go say hi, introduce yourself, chat a little - he's a pretty cool dude.
    If we see him, how will we know he is Yug?
    Well, he's slightly above average height, decent build, a pretty Australian accent, He'll probably look like he's really feeling the cold, and he looks like this:

He's mostly known as "The Mana Bar guy" (one of four guys, really), and as the Content Manager for PAX Aus.

Post edited by Churba on
  • PAX is pretty awesome.
  • I can basically only get internet at the Westin to avoid roaming charges, so I'm having teouble keeping up with you lot. Is there gonna be any sort of FRCF meetup tommorow, and any way to find it?
  • I can basically only get internet at the Westin to avoid roaming charges, so I'm having teouble keeping up with you lot. Is there gonna be any sort of FRCF meetup tommorow, and any way to find it?
    A lot of stuff happens impromptu, organized through the GroupMe. You can join via SMS if that helps the roaming issue any.
  • I know I'm late to this, but can someone send an invite for groupme to ultimohayabusa@gmail.com please?
  • I know I'm late to this, but can someone send an invite for groupme to ultimohayabusa@gmail.com please?
    Done.
  • 9pm eclipse at westin probably. I'm free till then. Have net runner and shadow hunters.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Removed by request.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Please don't post pictures that were posted to Facebook under the Friends-Only Permission without the permission of people in the picture.

Thanks.
  • Please don't post pictures that were posted to Facebook under the Friends-Only Permission without the permission of people in the picture.

Thanks.
    Dave, did you take a picture of your balls again? What did I tell you about that?

• Dave's balls are for friends ONLY
  • Dave's balls are for friends ONLY
    like deez nuts on facebook
  • If the Omegathon Finale isn't Spaceteam they're just wasting everyone's time.
  • OK, but two player space team isn't nearly as entertaining as four.
  • I checked in on twitch TV, couldn't work out what was going on, got bored almost immediately and switched it off. I wish I'd caught the start of the final. That way it might have kept my interested. Or attained my interest.
  • No, the only things that kept me there were clapping to the loading screen (phat beats, dawg) (did I just mix retro decades? Is that the ultimate pop culture sin?) and finding out what they would do when they inevitably ran out of time.