This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

1151617181921»

Comments

• I judged Flying Witch by its cover, and its cover told me "you should watch this."
  • I'm reading it rather than watching it, but it seems nice so far. Fluffy slice-of-life stuff with a bit of urban(Rural?) fantasy mixed in.
  • Wait till you get to the whales.
  • All the new anime I watched yesterday:

Kiznaiver - The serious Trigger show.
    Space Patrol Luluco - The crazy part of Trigger you are looking for that is missing from Kiznaiver.
    Flying Witch - yay!
    The Lost Village - It's not quite the Bokurano we were expecting. It's got a crazy cast of characters. More like Durarara. Feels like one of those DS games like 999.
    Sakamoto - Haven't you heard?
    Joker Game - So serious, wow.
    Tonkatsu DJ Agetaro - YES
  • Watched first episode of Flying Witch. That mandrake scene is so very good.
  • Joker Game seems like it will be good. Stray Dogs was bordering on a bit too goofy. I'll watch another episode probably but that will probably be it. Tonkatsu DJ was getting a bit too weird for me.
  • Enjoyed the first episode of Flying Witch. Reminded me a bit of an old series called Someday Dreamers. Except the magic used in Flying Witch seems it will be used more freely. Were as the magic used in Someday Dreamers was regulated and could only be used for clients.
  • Space Patrol Luluco is so good.
  • Enjoyed the first episode of Flying Witch. Reminded me a bit of an old series called Someday Dreamers. Except the magic used in Flying Witch seems it will be used more freely. Were as the magic used in Someday Dreamers was regulated and could only be used for clients.

Hmmm. The only thing I remember about Someday's Dreamers is that I liked the music and had the soundtrack for a good while. Don't remember anything about the show itself, which I guess says how much I enjoyed it.
  • Space Patrol Luluco is so good.

Yeah, it's just the ridiculous people at Trigger doing their usual Inferno Cop/Mako shenanigans. All the serious non-ridiculous people are working on Kiznaiver.
  • Apreche said:

Space Patrol Luluco is so good.

Yeah, it's just the ridiculous people at Trigger doing their usual Inferno Cop/Mako shenanigans. All the serious non-ridiculous people are working on Kiznaiver.
    They literally included Inferno Cop cosplaying as Kamina as a character.
  • It's so good, I desperately want to cosplay Over Justice now.

Also, I'm pretty sure some of the Luluco staff snuck over the wall for the abduction scene in Kiznaiver.
  • belkalra said:

It's so good, I desperately want to cosplay Over Justice now.

Also, I'm pretty sure some of the Luluco staff snuck over the wall for the abduction scene in Kiznaiver.

Is there a new episode of Kiznaiver? I'll have to catch up on my C-roll queue tomorrow.
  • So I just watched the first episode of Luluco and my initial reaction as soon as I saw the cover and intro was "I'm gonna hate this show it's just gonna be a bunch of stereotypical anime shit."

But then I watched it.

And I'm on board.
  • Apreche said:

Is there a new episode of Kiznaiver? I'll have to catch up on my C-roll queue tomorrow.

Not yet, I was talking about the hospital and the abduction scenes.
  • Also did they throw the Street Sharks in that second episode?
  • edited April 2016
    MATATAT said:

Also did they throw the Street Sharks in that second episode?

wait, did I miss a Jawsome reference?

Edit: yeah, it's totally the street sharks.

Still don't know how I feel about Alpha Omega "Police Brutality" Nova
    Post edited by belkalra on

• I think I found my show for the season. It has the perfect length for what it is.
  • I finished "Flying Witch", "Ushio and Tora", and "Kiznaiver"
    I really enjoyed the magical slice of live feeling that "Flying Witch" brought to this anime season. It was a show that I would recommend to anyone that is looking to decompress and relax.
    "Ushio and Tora" had decent if a little anticlimactic ending. It is definitely the kind of show in which for the most part is all about the journey.
    "Kiznaiver" was kind of a disappointment to be honest. It was pretty, and it had good music, but I feel that I have seen this kind of anime before. I will be a little more cautious about studio Trigger from now on.

However, I am very excited about "Little Witch Academia"!
  • Well, there's some fucking nostalgia right there.
  • 135 monies and that fucking nostalgia can all be yours
  • A wall scroll of a winged Van holding Hitomi still hangs above my bed.
  • Four episodes of Escaflowne are available on FUNimation's website (sub and dub) for free streaming!
  • Watched all of Gatchaman Crowds. Fun show.
  • More Sound Euphonium is on its way, and the first episode will be an hour long.