This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

1232425262729»

Comments

• Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

On the new one it is harder to tell if a thread has new stuff because the new marker isn't a different color.

This is my primary concern, if this can be fixed I'm mostly okay with the changes. I can't imagine its that hard to fix. In fact, if it makes it easier I'll do the legwork of figuring out which style to change and experiment with different solutions.

It's impossible to fix as long as the Vanilla is not self-hosted, There is no option in the admin to modify the CSS or HTML of the mobile template like there is for the desktop template.
    Ah I get ya, that kinda sucks.
  • For all of the issues you mentioned with both versions of the mobile front page of the forum, here is the key: what is the main job of the page, and how well does it do that job.

For 99% of the time, people are wanting to do this:

1. See what threads have been updated since they last checked.

2. Open that thread to read the last unread message.

On both these counts, the new design falls far short of the old design.

Starting new threads, clicking on other things next to thread titles, etc? That is secondary functionality.
  • Much as it pains me to say it, call a spade a spade. Scott is right, the new forum design on mobile is better, albiet only by a bit. I don't like that it's harder to tell what new is, but it's not impossible.
  • Everything Luke says. I mainly use mobile.
  • Why not just move to Flarum already? Scott can save his monies and the FRCF can be rid of using Vanilla. There is a topic on Flarum were a lot of sites have made the switch.

https://discuss.flarum.org/d/1617-anyone-using-flarum-in-production/
  • Why not just move to Flarum already? Scott can save his monies and the FRCF can be rid of using Vanilla. There is a topic on Flarum were a lot of sites have made the switch.

https://discuss.flarum.org/d/1617-anyone-using-flarum-in-production/

Flarum still says it's beta, so I'm cautious.
  • edited October 2016
    It's a minor and probably unfixable issue, but when you preview a blockquote it doesn't show the "X said:". Also the font size is way bigger for whatever reason.

Preview:

Actual:

Post edited by Ikatono on
  • edited October 2016
    Wrong thread.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on