This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack (Concept Sketch Dump)

edited March 2008 in Art!
Calling all artists! Come post your original idea sketches here. They don't have to be finished works, just quick concept art. Even story ideas are okay. I'll start:

Linksa Panjori is the communications expert on a "pony express" ship, a postal courier service that offers express delivery to far flung outposts of the galaxy when they can't wait for the supply freighters to come. She is fluent is 5 languages and is Ferainix, a racial minority from one of the early colonized planets. Kinda catgirlish, I based her design off of a Red Panda. She has a striped tail that is opposable like that of a monkey.

Comments

• Whoa....Did you run into my mind this morning? I was going to do a topic like this. NEXT TIME GADGET GOMIDOG. NEEEXT TIME!!!!

• I've been drawing a lot of stylized ghosts, cats, etc. lately. I guess I've been attempting to pin down a specific style.

image image image
  • Man, this sucks. I have a metric shit-ton of concept sketches I could post here, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner.
  • Man, this sucks. I have a metric shit-ton of concept sketches I could post here, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner.
    Scanners are mad cheap. I suggest going out and getting pretty much any USB flatbed scanner.
  • I've been drawing a lot of stylized ghosts, cats, etc. lately.
    Last one looks quite Vasquez-esque.
  • Some concept art for a school project:

Some random sketch:

And a picture from the US, to test the contrast :

Man, I haven't picked up a pencil in a very long time. This was probably the last thing I did.
  • I'm not so original when it comes to making original sketches, however I enjoy doing fan art once in a while. Maybe I'll try coming up with some stuff and posting it on here.

For now, I'll just show one:
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

There really isn't a name. Just something you can tell that was inspired by Utena. ^^;;

Now, off to go sketch something!
  • Here are some designs I'm working on for a little 4 panel comic I'm thinking of doing. Not like a webcomic on a schedule, just sort of a when I feel like it/get an idea and do one.
  • This is a recent doodle I did on the tablet.

This is what my avatar is based off of.
    I love rapping and hip-hop styles. =3 Unfortunately, it's a lot of work to put a lot of accessories when drawing on paper and still be clear on what it is...
  • I haven't drawn much recently, but here's a concept I did for my upcoming podcast. This almost definitely won't be the show's final mascot concept, since I should probably make the design less complicated and not so directly Gundam-inspired, but I like how it turned out:

• Here are some designs I'm working on for a little 4 panel comic I'm thinking of doing. Not like a webcomic on a schedule, just sort of a when I feel like it/get an idea and do one.
    The one on the far right kinda looks like Saki Kasukabe.
  • This is actually a second-tier villain from the (formerly D&D;, now Burning Wheel) campaign I run. He's a member of the secretive ruling class of a particular nation, who are never seen in public unveiled.

• The one on the far right kinda looks like Saki Kasukabe.
    *Googles the name*
    Yeah, I guess she sort of does. Odd how that can happen sometimes.
  • Kiey, the Sex Bob-bombs! I heart Scott Pilgrim soooo much. (See, I yoink his style too)

Characters from a comic idea I am writing at the moment. Set in New Jersey, complete with Laundromats, Diner Scenes, and Ennui.

Good Omens! Angel and Devil! They are Drinking Buddies!

and lastly, Yetis are Dirty Hippies!
  • Tenchi Kaze, your mech...(now don't kill me)...made me think of Brak.
  • edited March 2008

This is for Viga! Like the chara!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • All these pretty arts! Really neat! I-I... I love, I love Linksa Panjori, andand Stitches, and the ghosts on blackboard, and Kiwi's Tetris overlay images are really neat, and Thead's cat drawing looks so reaaaaaaal! And Alex's three-fingered alien villain looks also awesome, awesome detail, awesome folds. And Gomidogs Yeti's and Stiches are also so neat! Though... Yeti's aren't hippies :(
  • I like the yeti hippies. I'd buy a plushie of that. I don't know I just laughed so hard seeing those. You gotta use them in something!

Your rendition of Stitches is so cool! *fangirl scream*
  • Tenchi Kaze, your mech...(now don't kill me)...made me think ofBrak.
    lol, I guess it sort of looks like that. If it were coloured, it wouldn't look so much like that. But the idea is that I somehow need to cross mecha with Japanese miko (see crappy Photoshop edit I did before doing that initial drawing: http://robomiko.com/teaser.jpg). Got any suggestions I could use to improve the design? :)
  • edited March 2008
    Viga's "Jane of all trades" interpretation.
    "It's not you, I'd love to dance.
     I've just got two right arms, that's all."
    (The only reason this looks any good is that it's scaled down to 35% original size.)
    Drew this while listening to TWiT, took about the length of the episode.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2008
    Drawing from the beginning of Grade 9.
    Shattered image
    This is the uncolored version of the final project.
    Unfinished black book entry
    Sketch of a close up face
    Post edited by RothOHNOES on
  • This thread is good, and I will not let it die.

It's an alien I'm working on in class. I now have to sketch out his spaceship.
    The one on the far right kinda looks like Saki Kasukabe.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Probably because of the expression. Nice drawings.
  • Well, some Vector I did on Thursday .
  • It's nice to see an art thread! I hope it stays alive.
    I love the yeti hippies.
  • edited March 2008
    Viga, this is for you. Rymiko and Sukochan

...I'm a rotten woman. (This is sooo Fujoshi-muke.)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • ...Now everyone has to draw Rym and Scott as moe girls. Because that is epic lulz.

Am I a bad girlfriend for encouraging this sort of thing?
  • ...Now everyone has to draw Rym and Scott as moe girls. Because that is epic lulz.

Am I a bad girlfriend for encouraging this sort of thing?
    No. Not at all. Those pics are epic.
  • Rymiko and Sukochan
    [pictures]
    Whahaha! Awesome! XD As for being bad, well, slightly, nothing seriously bad though.

And what does Fujoshi-muke mean? @_@