This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• The JoP was. Wife wore a pleasingly clingy sweater.
  • I got married to my first wife in the home bar of a Justice of the Peace. She wore a fur jacket for the ceremony and her hair was dyed flat black and she had on a bull's eye worth of red lipstick. The whole room smelled like cedar and alcohol and there was a zebra-print rug on the floor.

Her husband gave us something awful out of a decanter to drink afterward, which I guess might have been scotch. It was terrible.
    Wait, the Justice of the piece was in a fur jacket? Or your first wife was?

This sounds like something out of a Werner Herzog film.
    No one had tried to shoot each other, wasn't true Herzog.

• That moment when your boyfriend has never had alcohol in his life, and his friends insist on getting him drunk on his 21st birthday at midnight... and then leave him to you to take care of.
    That other moment when you tell him it might be better for him to sleep on the couch (my bed is 4 feet off the ground and can be difficult to get into when impaired, as well as the falling risk, as well as hoping he didn't get sick), and he looks up at you with big, watery, pathetic puppy eyes and says, "But I want to be with you! Don't you want me anymore?"

Gahhh. Of course I do. I just don't want you to throw up in or fall out of my bed.

So last night was spent nursing a really sad drunk puppy who didn't want to be drunk.
    That sucks that your friends did that to you, but your boyfriend is adorable. Hope he didn't cause you too much trouble. ^_^
  • That moment when your boyfriend has never had alcohol in his life, and his friends insist on getting him drunk on his 21st birthday at midnight... and then leave him to you to take care of.
    That other moment when you tell him it might be better for him to sleep on the couch (my bed is 4 feet off the ground and can be difficult to get into when impaired, as well as the falling risk, as well as hoping he didn't get sick), and he looks up at you with big, watery, pathetic puppy eyes and says, "But I want to be with you! Don't you want me anymore?"

Gahhh. Of course I do. I just don't want you to throw up in or fall out of my bed.

So last night was spent nursing a really sad drunk puppy who didn't want to be drunk.
    That sucks that your friends did that to you, but your boyfriend is adorable. Hope he didn't cause you too much trouble. ^_^
    Yeah, this is like the cutest shit ever. You should tease him gently about this when that monster hangover eases up.

• Being clingy and blubbery when drunk is now considered endearing. Mental note.
  • Trying to sew and building forts does not.
  • I hope I have no dumb drunken shenanigans when I turn 21 in two months. I don't plan to get drunk, just...To drink. There's a difference.
  • My entire liquor cabinet has like, 3 bottles in it. I keep a six pack in my refrigerator, usually some sort of dark beer, and it lasts me a month.
  • edited October 2012
    I hope I have no dumb drunken shenanigans when I turn 21 in two months. I don't plan to get drunk, just...To drink. There's a difference.
    I didn't plan to drink much on my 21st birthday, either.

Two pitchers of sangria, a pitcher of Sam Adams Boston Lager, and eight PBR tallboys later, and I realized that plan was probably a silly idea to begin with.

I don't get drunk anymore, though. Lexapro put the kibosh on that. I don't really care; a bottle of hard liquor lasts me for years and sixers of craft beer last for weeks. I usually just bring a bomber of craft brew (or a longneck of World Wide Stout) to parties and just nurse it like a baby bird.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I hope I have no dumb drunken shenanigans when I turn 21 in two months. I don't plan to get drunk, just...To drink. There's a difference.
    Theres totally a difference but everyone gets drunk once, normally bad drunk. Smart people do it only once.

It's worth getting totally slobberknockered at least once, just to be familiar with your own personal spectrum of inebriation, but it's not something one should try for the first time without dedicated supervision.

• edited October 2012
    How many drunk chunders is too many drunk chunders? I drank till I puked quite a few times during freshman and sophomore year.

I don't regret it and am not particularly ashamed; it's just a stupid thing I did.
  • I'd...Just rather not. I realize it's probably a good idea, but...It's not something I want to experience.

Also, booze is expensive.
  • edited October 2012
    Start the night with a delicious $10 beer. Southern Tier Cuvee Three is highly recommended; Southern Tier Mokah if you want a beer that tastes like chocolate birthday cake. Next, hit the off-license. A handle of Skol vodka is $10. I recommend Hawaiian Punch as a mixer, because it erases the taste completely.

Also, when you invariably proj vom a few gouts of blood-red vodka punch, you can scream, "Holy shit dudes, I'm puking blood," and all your drunk friends will be like, "Awesome, bro."
  • Or just make a bailey's milkshake. Fucking delicious.
  • I was just gonna get Hard Lemonade and then be like, "It's alcoholic. Whatever."
  • I was just gonna get Hard Lemonade and then be like, "It's alcoholic. Whatever."
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited October 2012
    Or just make a bailey's milkshake. Fucking delicious.
    Yeah, but throwing up curdled cream is the worse experience ever.

Option #3: Irish Carbombs. Thank me later.
    I was just gonna get Hard Lemonade and then be like, "It's alcoholic. Whatever."
    HA! GAAAAAAYYYYYYY.
  • That's an option. Alternately, you can do what I plan to do, which is just sample different liquors (or beers) with some good friends. Just sit down and run a bar to make mixed drinks to taste. You don't need to binge drink to enjoy a classy evening with alcohol. :D
  • We'll see. My roommates may...Attempt things. But only one of them is particularly into alcohol, and she's the last one turning 21 anyways.
  • edited October 2012
    That's an option. Alternately, you can do what I plan to do, which is just sample different liquors (or beers) with some good friends. Just sit down and run a bar to make mixed drinks to taste. You don't need to binge drink to enjoy a classy evening with alcohol. :D
    That's a lot more in line with how I drink these days. Craft beers, a good dinner, some nice tobacco and great company. That's all I want out of life, really.
    We'll see. My roommates may...Attempt things. But only one of them is particularly into alcohol, and she's the last one turning 21 anyways.
    Fuck it, dude. Get sloppy. #YOLO
  • Weren't you going to quit smoking?

Can't beat craft beers, although rum is good in an awful lot. Southern Comfort, though much maligned, can be mixed with just about any brown soft drink and create a tasty drink.
  • edited October 2012
    I don't recommend drinking so much that you have to vomit... ever. Reasonable intoxication is fine.

That said, I've screwed myself up a lot more on red bulls than on liquor before.

Also learning the difference in my tolerance from when I was 50 lbs. heavier is... difficult.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • We'll see. My roommates may...Attempt things. But only one of them is particularly into alcohol, and she's the last one turning 21 anyways.
    If you want to escape from any binge drinking invitations, feel free to drop by my place for an evening - I/Joe Boomer/Katie know how to have a delightfully tipsy/mildly drunk evening, especially once Joe starts freestyling.

• edited October 2012
    Weren't you going to quit smoking?

Can't beat craft beers, although rum is good in an awful lot. Southern Comfort, though much maligned, can be mixed with just about any brown soft drink and create a tasty drink.
    I actually haven't had a cigarette today. I'm stepping down slowly; down to three daily from a peak of eight.

Though, substitute tobacco with other smokables and I think my general sentiments of bonhomie still apply. ~_^
    That said, I've screwed myself up a lot more on red bulls than on liquor before.
    One night I mixed a drink that was a half-pint of 140-proof absinthe and a half-pint of Red Bull. That was the most dangerous drink.
  • edited October 2012
    Drunk is a weird progression for me. A little buzzed is great because it gets rid of the super uptight brain problems I have; I don't feel like physical contact will burn me and I'll have actual conversations with people I don't know where I don't feel like I need to choose my every word super carefully. It's basically how to make a sociable person out of me.

Actually drunk is dangerous because I basically become me without any of the learned inhibitions or moderation at all, so basically I just argue with everybody and rant incoherently about the patriarchy. It really brings out the paranoia and fear. It's pretty unpleasant for everyone.

Really drunk results in me sitting in a corner vacillating rapidly between lonely, depressed, fearful and apologetic. Fortunately I have only been that bad once.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited October 2012
    The main difference between me buzzed and me drunk-off-my-ass is 300% more singing.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • One thing everyone seems to attest to, I am still a gentleman even blackout drunk. Honorable and upstanding to the core.
  • We will see what happens. It's still two months away.
  • I've never been anything but happy-drunk. And generally speaking, the only times I've thrown up can be easily attributed to a poor choice of mixers. Too much sugar, caffeine, just too much liquid in my stomach overall, etc. Never been blackout-drunk, don't plan on it.