This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Body weight isn't really as decisive a factor in tolerance as a lot of people seem to think.
    I actually agree, I've always thought it was more a factor of how much blood you have in you.
    I can give anecdotal evidence from a few sources that Giving blood does significantly lower alcohol tolerance.

Tsk. I'm pretty sure they specifically tell you not to do that.
    I was young and stupid once. I may still be. :-p

Disclaimer: Don't drink and bleed.

• Well the plural of anecdote is data, lets all donate blood and go drinking!
  • I'm not sure if they'll take my blood. I know nobody wants my marrow.
  • Real men drink scotch. Neat.
    I seriously hope you're not telling me you drink Islay scotches without a splash of water to develop the flavor of ethanol immiscable congeners.

I really, really hope you're not telling me this.
  • Since we're sharing 21st birthday stories, I went to the grocery store and got a four-pack of Guinness. Only drank two of them. Whoo!

My only "true" birthday from a getting drunk standard was my 24th. Blacked out in a club, threw up in the cab on the way home, and woke up to find that I had lost my glasses. That turned into a very expensive night, especially considering I wasn't making any money at the time. Lesson learned.
  • I like scotch neat, but drip a few drops of water from my finger into the glass to open it up.
  • I like scotch neat, but drip a few drops of water from my finger into the glass to open it up.
    Attaboy.
  • edited October 2012
    Most I've ever drunk.. one bottle of merlot, and a wine-glass of whiskey. Funny story. Didn't bargle, though. 105lbs female. asian.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Real men drink scotch. Neat.
    I seriously hope you're not telling me you drink Islay scotches without a splash of water to develop the flavor of ethanol immiscable congeners.

I really, really hope you're not telling me this.
    Sometimes. Sometimes not. It makes very little difference I find, particularly with something like Ardbeg. It does seem to enhance the citrusy notes in Lagavulin.

• edited October 2012
    A tiny ice cube or a splash of water isn't the same thing as actually iced. It's still neat.

Also, Pete, get off the internet and call the people and make that appointment!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • A tiny ice cube or a splash of water isn't the same thing as actually iced. It's still neat.

Shouldn't you be cleaning the kitchen?

• Most I've ever drunk.. one bottle of merlot, and a wine-glass of whiskey. Funny story. Didn't bargle, though. 105lbs female. asian.
    Man, a whole bottle of wine gets me pretty fucked up.
  • I have frequently used red wine to help me sleep when my Crohn's meds are keeping me awake. It barely seems to affect me at all except that I sleep like a baby after a glass or two in the evening. I've never gone above 3 glasses, but never felt even slighly buzzed from Merlot.
  • edited October 2012
    Nuri vs. Pete
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I barely get buzzed after killed a 40oz in as many minutes, but my liver had a bit of a baptism by fire, having started Depakote at 12. Now that fucker gets shit done.
  • A tiny ice cube or a splash of water isn't the same thing as actually iced. It's still neat.

I just applied for two jobs. I'm allowed to be on the internet.

I just applied for two jobs. I'm allowed to be on the internet.

I'm trying to craft a witty response here, but I'm coming up empty-handed. WuB, I'm tagging you in.

• edited October 2012
    It's unfair that people can get drunk off of 1-3 beers. I usually drink 3-5 bottles, and it barely makes me buzzed.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • It's unfair that people can get drunk off of 1-3 beers. I usually drink 3-5 bottles, and it barely makes me buzzed.
    Sadly that's where I am, it seems like it takes a 6pack of tallboys to start the night. A couple scotch's will still do the trick though.
  • It's unfair that people can get drunk off of 1-3 beers. I usually drink 3-5 bottles, and it barely makes me buzzed.
    I recommend absinthe.
    Sadly that's where I am, it seems like it takes a 6pack of tallboys to start the night. A couple scotch's will still do the trick though.
    How in Sagan's name do you take in that much fluid, and do it fast enough that you don't start losing the buzz, without it making you sick? Is there a trick to it?

I Started drinking wine so I had something strong enough to get a buzz off of without having to drink all that volume.

• Even in recent memory I've seen the same output from two drinks and six on different nights. There are a lot of factors. And earlier I wasn't implying weight was necessarily the most significant, but research says that two otherwise similar people with a variance in weight, the heavier persons BAC will be lower. This says nothing specific of physical or mental impairment obviously.
  • The trick to drinking a lot of beer is lining your stomach with complex carbs and a fair amount of protein beforehand. Also, water.
  • I don't understand preparation to spend more on beer. I just nurse it. I don't buy into the "let's buy 10 rounds since there's 10 of us" thing. I'll buy a round, sure, but I don't want 10 beers.
  • Oh, I just drink a lot of really great extreme beers. It takes some prep to have even two bottles of World Wide Stout in a night.
  • I generally have trouble finishing even one 20 oz craft beer. Lately my local package store hasn't got what I want anyway so it hasn't been a huge problem. I'm waiting for Lagunitas Imperial Stout to show back up. Hobgoblin isn't bad in the interim. Dark, malty beers don't seem very popular around here. Everything is IPAs. Blech.
  • edited October 2012
    Some of my favorite people lay it down for you.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited October 2012
    It's unfair that people can get drunk off of 1-3 beers. I usually drink 3-5 bottles, and it barely makes me buzzed.
    How in Sagan's name do you take in that much fluid, and do it fast enough that you don't start losing the buzz, without it making you sick? Is there a trick to it?

I Started drinking wine so I had something strong enough to get a buzz off of without having to drink all that volume.

My last few trivia night dinners have been a couple pitchers of beer. Need those calories.

Now that I'm not in college I think my drinking tolerance will start to wane. I mean when you're used to drinking a small pitcher of particularly strong AMF on Taco Tuesdays, your stomach starts to learn the ways of the herd.

Also wine is a dangerous substance. It's too drinkable.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I only get drunk after my 7th bottle of Guinness.
  • Not sure how we got from large women to being drunk, but I'm going back to topic. (And they strangely didn't overlap)

I prefer larger women, but it does come down to how women take care of themselves. I've seen round bellies that are quite sexy but others that make me turn away. It's just if they come with that confidence, which isn't quite as prominent. But if you get a confident, big woman to make love to you, everyone has a positive story there.

I'm more curious with women who have dated bigger dudes and if similar rules have applied. /waits for certain comments