This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• The only way I could imagine doing this job without music/podcasts involves me doing little actual work, because I would get so bored I would start surfing just to stay sane.
    Also, at this job, the computers weren't connected to the internet.
  • The only way I could imagine doing this job without music/podcasts involves me doing little actual work, because I would get so bored I would start surfing just to stay sane.
    Also, at this job, the computers weren't connected to the internet.
    Yikes, okay that is officially the worst data entry job, if not any job ever. I can't imagine making it through a week of that.
  • Yikes, okay that is officially the worst data entry job, if not any job ever. I can't imagine making it through a week of that.
    Oh, also, one more thing -- this was actually at Waste Management (the pick-up-your-trash company), so the only thing I heard all around me all day was operators arguing with customers. Seriously, worst job I ever had.
  • Hi, I'm Aaron Clark, I started listening to the show after PAX 2009. I graduated with a BA in History from Emory University, but currently work as a helicopter pilot offshore supporting the offshore oil industry. I listen to GeekNights when on long legs between platforms, or while killing time in my bunk waiting for a flight. I also commute to work (I work a 14 day on 14 day off schedule) so on the drive into or out of work I listen to the show. I tend to save it up when I'm at home so sometimes I listen to a show a bit late.

I love all things video game related, Starwars, rpg's and tabletop. I used to be a huge 40k player, but the constant rule changes and upgrades required turned me off. I like anime, but I'm not that knowledgeable and don't know whats good out there. I guess I need to go to the anime you need to see panel.

I discovered GeekNights when someone was talking about the PAX 2009 review on the Enforcer forum. This lead to me listening to it, then liking it and trying a few more shows, liking those and trying a few more and viola.

So... thanks for letting my join the FRC forum.
  • Hi, Aaron and welcome to the FRC forum. We can be a bit silly (for good and ill), but it really is a nice bunch of folks.
  • It sure seems that way so far!
  • We can also be a bit too serious. I'm sure you'll encounter that as well soon enough.
  • edited November 2009
    Howdy everybody, my name is Scott, Scotty if you like, and I am horrible at spelling. I started listening to the show not to long ago. I was surfing threw podcasts on my zune software and came across the anime podcast and listened to a few and now I'm hooked.

I am a 22 year old musician(guitar, bass, ukulele, harmonica and a little drums and keyboard).

I use to be in sales ever since I got out of highschool but then I got fired and the economy took a nose dive. Now I deliver pizza's (more musician like I guess), and I finnally decided to go back to school. I'm currently trying to obtain an associates degreen in Graphic Design.

Between highschool and now I worked at RadioShack, Sears (electronics dept.), and Puzzle Store, and Guitar Center.

In the past few months have have been really getting back into anime and that's what lead me to the podcast and then this forum. I'm far from the smartest guy here, but I'm generally a really cool kid.
    Post edited by Scotty_Did on
  • Dude, this is too many Scotts about these parts. From now on, you are Stirling Mortlock.
  • G'day everyone, my name is Bader. I live in Sydney, Australia and listen to the podcast quite regularly. I also just recently joined the forums hoping to kill a lot of time having fun and meeting new people. I am Currently a Uni student at UWS planning to get a BS hoping to major in maths. Nice to meet you all.
  • Dude, this is too many Scotts about these parts. From now on, you are Stirling Mortlock.
    THIS.
    This is why I want to give my kids uncommon names. Make fun of Apple, Radio Science, Moxy Crimefighter, etc. but those are some neat fuskin' names.
    That's why I said scotty.

in real life though I don't meet a lot of Scotts. I useually tell people that we are a kin to the Highlander and that the quickening is a bitch
  • edited November 2009
    I've never met another geek called Fred..

At first I was like: "Yo UglyFred!",
    and UglyFred was like "Not an authentic Fred, actually..",
    and then I was like "I has a sad.".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I know a geek called Fred.
  • I know a geek called Fred.
    Me too.
  • edited November 2009
    I know a geek called Fred.
    Me too.
    Really? You'll have to introduce us some time..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Really? You'll have to introduce us some time..
    I think you'll like the guy, he's pretty awesome.
  • edited November 2009
    My kid is getting named "Kamina Spike Koji Luffy Guy Negi Malynn".
    Unless he decides to take his mother's last/maiden name.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • It's better then what Jed wants to name our son if we have one. I can't remember it all because its long and geeky.
  • Hi Everyone!
    I'm Sonic-kun's sister! Before I say anything else I would like to point out that I am joining on my brothers request and that, pay attention now: I AM NOT A GEEK!!! I dont care what anyone says I am not a geek and you can't convince me otherwise. So don't even bother bringing it up.

I just turned 20 in October. I am typing very slowly because my brother told me there are grammar Nazi's here who will come and mark up your post in red. I am a Business Law major with a Creative Writing minor. I love poetry. I love vampires, werewolves. I love anime, but only the awesome anime's like Rouroni Kenshin, YYH, Bleach, etc. I love fashion and all things related to beauty, skin care and makeup.

Besides that I really don't know what else to say except for you can call me BlackVelvetPlease, BlackVelvet, or Victoria. If you wanna call me anything else please ask because I'm a tad picky what people call me. Thanks a bunch! I look forward to meeting all of you!

-BlackVelvetPlease
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, It is your mission from here on forth to do everything in your power to turn my sister into a model Geek. Emily, Kate, and Viga, You are three awesome women on this forum. I turn to you in particular in this regard.

Sincerely,
    Sonic
  • I AM NOT A GEEK!!!
    I love vampires, werewolves. I love anime, but only the awesome anime's like Rouroni Kenshin, YYH, Bleach, etc.
    Something's not adding up here.
  • edited November 2009
    I AM NOT A GEEK!!!
    I love vampires, werewolves. I love anime, but only the awesome anime's like Rouroni Kenshin, YYH, Bleach, etc.
    Something's not adding up here.Yeah, I think she really doesn't know the true definition of what a geek is.

Also, geeks rule the world. If it wasn't for awesome geeks, you wouldn't be typing in this forum or on a computer or have the internets.

Sonic, there are many more awesome women/females in this forum. You disappoint me. :P However, if your sister wants to live in denial, let it be so. We can just giggle and point out the hypocrisy of it all. ^_~

Welcome to the forums!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Sorry. Not to sound mean, but I completely forgot about you for a minute there. I was gonna edit my post, but there's no point to that now.

I AM NOT A GEEK!!!
    Something's not adding up here.
    Yeah, I think she really doesn't know the true definition of what a geek is.Yeah, I've tried explaining it to her. She doesn't get it.
  • I'm Sonic-kun's sister! Before I say anything else I would like to point out that I am joining on my brothers request and that, pay attention now:I AM NOT A GEEK!!!
    What is your definition of geek and where the hell did you come up with it?
  • Sorry. Not to sound mean, but I completely forgot about you for a minute there. I was gonna edit my post, but there's no point to that now.
    I'm just messing, but other than myself, you forget about Nuri, Lyddi, loltsundere, Nillia, Uglyfred, Mankoon, etc..
    I'm just messing, but other than myself, you forget about Nuri, Lyddi, loltsundere, Nillia, Uglyfred, Mankoon, etc..
    Geeknights: we gots ladies.
  • But Scott gots none.
  • But Scott gots none.
    Oh snap! *ba dum* crash!*
  • But Scott gots none.
    Oh snap! *ba dum* crash!*
    I think *ba dum* tish!* sounds a lot better.