This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Yeah? I always thought of New England as the coastal region from Maryland up to around Massachusetts.
    Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. That's it. Easier way to think of it is that everything North/East of New York is either New England or Canada.
  • I learned something today!
  • I learned something today!
    Indeed. I always thought of them as just North East Coast/New England, it's all the same.
  • Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware are all part of the Delmarva Penninsula, the area is also known as the Chesapeake Watershed or The Central Atlantic.
  • Maybe it's because I don't live in New England, but I always forget that Delaware is a state.
    The only reason I remember Delaware is a state is because it was the first one.
  • I remember because it's named for Governor De La Warr, who's known for... being kind of a dick. Which always brings to mind the question of "Who's in charge of naming these things, anyway?
  • "Who's in charge of naming these things, anyway?
    Pennsylvania was just going to be "Sylvania" on account of its forests. Supposedly, the Congress added William Penn's name to it against his own wishes.
  • edited December 2010
    "Who's in charge of naming these things, anyway?
    Pennsylvania was just going to be "Sylvania" on account of its forests. Supposedly, the Congress added William Penn's name to it against his own wishes.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Hello everyone,

I'm Sean Potucek, I was born in Wisconsin in 1985 and raised since then in New Jersey. I am currently living where Washington crossed the Delaware, and attending The College Of New Jersey for Business administration in Marketing. I am not a hardcore geek in any particular subject rather I enjoy a buffet of subjects picking and choosing choice pieces from each genre; which is why GeekNights full feed has worked so well for me. If I had to pin down a few concentrations though they would be Anime, PC gaming, and 90's TV Sci-fi (i grew up on it).

I'm looking forward to exploring the forum despite the fact I've never really gotten the hang of them before.
  • Yeah? I always thought of New England as the coastal region from Maryland up to around Massachusetts.
    -_- Rob...

Welcome Arium!
  • Hello,

I'm Doug. I've been listening to Geek Nights since Rym and Scott gave me their card after I GM'd a game of Lacuna for them at a previous Recess.
    I live in Manhattan. I'm a NASA software engineer by day and front man of 'nyc indie rockers' Cosmonaut by night.
    I joined to harass the above two about their continual dissing of the peoples game of soccer and confirm that Emily (of the recent podcast) was someone I once Gm'd for at Recess (the game was 3:16) - I recognize the voice from somewhere and I think it was that game.
  • after I GM'd a game of Lacuna for them at a previous Recess.
    That was a fairly bitchin' game of Lacuna. ;^)
  • That was the Space Marines one right? That was me, I'd wager. Not my favorite system (kind of like RPing Diablo), but you did a good job.
    NASA? (@_@) Sooo coool! (I am a nerd for space research!)
    BTW, I love soccer. It is the official lunchtime sport at the studio where I work. Rym and Scott don't understand.
  • It was the Space Marines one. Awesome.
  • Hello,

I'm Doug. I've been listening to Geek Nights since Rym and Scott gave me their card after I GM'd a game of Lacuna for them at a previous Recess.
    I live in Manhattan. I'm a NASA software engineer by day and front man of 'nyc indie rockers' Cosmonaut by night.
    I joined to harass the above two about their continual dissing of the peoples game of soccer and confirm that Emily (of the recent podcast) was someone I once Gm'd for at Recess (the game was 3:16) - I recognize the voice from somewhere and I think it was that game.
    Hi Doug! I'm Luke, the third player of that Lucana game, and the one who "broke" the game by also being British.
  • Hello,

Hi Doug! I'm Luke, the third player of that Lucana game, and the one who "broke" the game by also being British.
    I wouldn't say 'broke'. Pleading with one of the characters not to pretend to be a celtic fan to a bunch of rangers fans was pretty funny.
  • edited January 2011
    I wouldn't say 'broke'. Pleading with one of the characters not to pretend to be a celtic fan to a bunch of rangers fans was pretty funny.
    Wait, English football talk on the internet?! I come online to escape the UK, not to relive it......
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Actually, that's Scottish football.
  • I meant British then..........
  • I meant British then..........
    And it wasn't on the internet. It was at a Nerd NYC board game day.
  • Luke, this might seem totally out of the blue, but now that you are back in the US, how would you feel about dropping by the Rutgers juggling club one Friday and hanging out for a bit.
  • What? I'm on a ship sailing to Mexico and I'm flying back to Berlin, Germany. I was in New York for 4 weeks in September. I have no solid plans to return to the US.
  • Well, it was worth a shot.
  • Hi everybody,

I'm DJ. I was browsing this forum and was driven to join when I saw a post about malt vinegar on french fries. I love malt vinegar on french fries. I have been listening to GeekNights since sometime this June when I found it while searching through the iTunes podcast directory. I haven't watched much anime but I am currently on the fourth disk of Cowboy Bebop and am enjoying it thoroughly (thanks for the suggestion Rym and Scott!). I have a blog that I post to daily; you may find it interesting (then again, you may not). I consider myself more technically proficient than most people at my high school, but, sadly, that isn't a hard thing to be.

Well, I guess that will do for an introduction.
  • I love malt vinegar on french fries.
    I've a big fan of A1 on french fries.
  • I've never much liked A1 on steaks, but putting it on fries does sound tempting.
  • Hey everyone,

My name is Ari-Matti Toivonen but most people refer to me as Wuggy as they cannot pronounce my name. I live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland and am 18 years old (19 in about a week). My general interests involve graphics, in other words digital art, music and games. I'm currently finishing up with school and am going to work in a publisher house as a graphic designer right after I'm done with my final exams.

Oh, and I'm a semi-casual World of Warcraft player.
  • Hi Wuggy :P
  • music
    What kind(s) of music?
  • Your name is awesome. Both of them. Welcome!