This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Well I live in Muswell Hill, so that should be enough on a clue. We don't have any estates, country or council. And if anyone brings up that Mcintyre clip!
  • Please peoples I live in the Cotsworlds. A strange mix of yokels, in the truest sense of the world, and aristocrats, in the truest sense of the word.
  • Sounds like it's getting very close to crunch time for you, being almost halfway through your senior year. If you need advice, let me know. I've been through NJ state school for engineering, and am very active in the recruitment process for my employer, so I can speak to the reputations of all the local engineering schools.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not planning on going into engineering. I'd rather have the freedom to explore all of the things my tiny high school doesn't offer, and see what strikes my fancy.
    FYI, we have a professional juggler that is a fairly active member here. He is all kinds of awesome.
    Wow, Luke is clearly a fantastic performer. It isn't just that he is doing incredibly difficult tricks, he has the aura of "I'm totally calm right now" as he does them that sets him apart from jugglers like me.
  • Hello. I joined the forums a few years ago and then never posted. I heard Rym talking about hosting a Counter Strike server and decided it was time to join again.

My real name is Jacob and my middle name is Thor. I live in Tokyo, but am from Seattle.

I love video games, martial arts (Muay Thai and Kendo), playing the guitar and bass and playing BURNING WHEEL!

I'll try to visit this forum often and post. If you see me on Counter Strike shoot me in the head, I suck at it.
  • edited December 2010
    Ooh, cool! How long have you been living in Tokyo? (And what's your neighborhood?)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited December 2010
    Ooh, cool! How long have you been living in Tokyo? (And what's your neighborhood?)
    Hi. I live in Hirai. It's 10 minutes east of Akihabara on the Soubu line. It's a great neighborhood. It's mostly old people so the streets are barren at 4pm or so.

I've been living here for almost 10 years now. I came over here as an exchange student at first. I did a bunch of stuff after that and now I teach at a university and a junior high school.
    Post edited by JakeThor on
  • Hello my probable future self.
  • It's mostly old people
    Unless I've been deceived, isn't that most of Japan now?
  • Ooh, cool! How long have you been living in Tokyo? (And what's your neighborhood?)
    Hi. I live in Hirai. It's 10 minutes east of Akihabara on the Soubu line. It's a great neighborhood. It's mostly old people so the streets are barren at 4pm or so.

I've been living here for almost 10 years now. I came over here as an exchange student at first. I did a bunch of stuff after that and now I teach at a university and a junior high school.
    Very cool! I'm supposed to be heading out to Japan for work at the end of January. I'll be about 45 min outside of Tokyo for the better part of a week.
  • FYI, we have a professional juggler that is a fairly active member here. He is all kinds of awesome.
    Wow, Luke is clearly a fantastic performer. It isn't just that he is doing incredibly difficult tricks, he has the aura of "I'm totally calm right now" as he does them that sets him apart from jugglers like me.
    Aw shucks. Thanks guys! I haven't read this thread in ages, and then I read this message the day after I have a live action "afro ninja" moment in front of hundreds of people on stage. Certainly not "Totally calm!"
  • edited December 2010

Very cool! I'm supposed to be heading out to Japan for work at the end of January. I'll be about 45 min outside of Tokyo for the better part of a week.
    Awesome dude. If you're in the mood for Super Street Fighter 4 or some Neo Geo shoot me a message.
    Post edited by JakeThor on
  • You people need to learn to not put big spaces after blockquotes so much.
  • You people need to learn to not put big spaces after blockquotes so much.
    What do you mean by you people.

I do most of my posting at work since it is the only unblocked forum I am a member of. I have to deal with IE6 only, and pretty much all of the formatting, including quotes, is totally busted, so I wind up writing the blockquote and cite tags myself at that point.
  • Hi guys,

I suddenly decided to exist again after about a year and a half of inactivity, so I'd feel honored if any of you remembered me.

For the record, I'm a Rochester native, but am currently a Freshman at Columbia University studying Undecided.
    I like my animes, video games, and/or computers.
    I play piano (badly),
    Practice karate (badly),
    and am currently learning to dance (Very Badly).

So, what's happened in the past year? (other than Nineless getting banned, I heard about that already)
  • I remember you, guy. Welcome back!
  • Yay! I feel honored.
  • Hey, Linkigi, Welcome back, man! Been a while.
  • edited December 2010
    Way to come back after you bring me here, Justin. Seriously.
    It's good to have you back with the FRC, though.
    Edit: Also, you don't play Piano badly. Now trumpet, that you could use some work on. *Wink.*
    Then again, so could I.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Hi, I'm Rob. I'll be 28 tomorrow and I live in Illinois in a suburb of Chicago. I work as an attorney and enjoy video games and board games among other geek hobbies. I'm hoping to be better at posting here than I have been so far.
  • In that case, Happy Birthday, Rob.

Axel, you don't have to remind me how bad a trumpet player I am.
  • I live in Illinois in a suburb of Chicago.
    I live in Aurora, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago. Excellent!
  • Let's hope no-one from Chicago, a suburb of Illinois, shows up or things could get confusing.
  • linkigi, thanks for the birthday wishes.

Li_Akahi, I live in Wheaton so we're right near each other. I didn't think there would be anyone else from around me in the forums. Good to see I was wrong.

Omnutia Mo Shindeiru - Hopefully no one from Chicago will show up otherwise we'll never know where we are all from. :-)
  • Li_Akahi, I live in Wheaton so we're right near each other. I didn't think there would be anyone else from around me in the forums. Good to see I was wrong.
    Sorry dude, I was making a Wayne's World reference. I live in Maryland.
  • Li_Akahi, I live in Wheaton so we're right near each other. I didn't think there would be anyone else from around me in the forums. Good to see I was wrong.
    Ha, well played sir. I'm disappointed in myself for not catching it.
    At least you don't live in.... Delaware
    At least you don't live in.... Delaware
    Hey. I'm in New York! I've got a gun, let's go to a broadway show!
  • Maybe it's because I don't live in New England, but I always forget that Delaware is a state.
  • Maybe it's because I don't live in New England, but I always forget that Delaware is a state.
    Delaware isn't in New England.
  • Yeah? I always thought of New England as the coastal region from Maryland up to around Massachusetts.