This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• I could make that list go for days, but I think if I did you would all be annoyed so I won't bore you.
    Challenge accepted. Write it out and we'll see. In the mean time, AM NAM NAM FRESH MEAT!!

The newers guys will have to wait for their obligatory comment from me. I'm a busy man. My dick ain't gonna wank itself.
  • edited February 2012
    You should have got Rymily to get you one of those machines that does it for you while they were in Japan.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I thought about that, but then I went onto the internet to find something stylish and all I could find was this heavy-duty industrial-model steam-powered dildo.
    Heavy-duty industrial-model steam-powered dildo.
    Which isn't what I'm looking for exactly, but very tempting. Still won't get my dick to wank itself though.
  • edited February 2012
    You should have got Rymily to get you one of those machines that does it for you while they were in Japan.
    Why would I buy other people's toys?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Alright, applied for membership like 2 weeks ago so I'd quit lurking and I'm just now making a post-- that bodes well.

Anyway my name's Jordan. Studying Computer engineering at Purdue. Came across the Dwarf Fortress podcast a great while ago and worked my way through the archives over some months. Eventually decided to check out the forums and seemed a pretty cool place.

Random things I like:

-Ponies :: As much as I'd like to convince myself they haven't, they've undeniably taken over a scary amount of my mental faculties for the past several months. Sometimes I just look at my ipod and wonder what happened to me.

-Drawing/Digital art :: An on-and-off hobby. Constant battle of wanting to make art yet usually having few motivating projects or ideas to work on.

-Webcomics :: Follow quite a few, including PA, XKCD, MSPAdventures, Lackadaisy, Dr. McNinja. And as much as I know the comic is objectively unarguably shit, I still check CAD out of routine...

-PC gaming :: Been cycling between Killing floor, BF3, STALKER:COP, and Sim City 4 lately. Can't say there's any genre I stick to; my steam library is warped and bulging from all the sales the last couple years.

-Some animes :: I haven't followed it too heavily since high school, and even then I was pretty much an 'adult-swim' anime fan, but I still watch some once in awhile; Finally watched Redline last weekend, which I do not regret.

I'll probably still be mostly a lurker, as tends to be my nature in forums, but hopefully I'll be able to add something here and there. Definitely don't plan on leaving it anytime soon in either case.

I will also pretend there is not a steam powered dildo right above my post.
    I will pretend so hard.

• Ponies: Fair nuff. You'll fit in.

Art: Mad respect, yo.

Webcomics: Not bad.

Games: Killing floor? BF3? Stalker? I like you already, boyo. Assuming you're a boyo, boyo.

And we call it Steely Dan.
  • Boyo indeed. Sometimes forget 'Jordan' isn't quite specific.
  • Greetings, I've been listening to the podcast for a while & I made an account some time ago and have been posting a bit and realized I never posted in this thread...

So my name is Joe, I'm 27 years old and I'm from Florida. Arguably one of the more shitty states in the USA.

I've been watching Anime for a little over a decade, and it's probably my main geekery, but I'm also big on video games (I've had a NES & Final Fantasy since I was 7), books, manga, etc.

I've never had an opportunity to get into German board games or any Role Playing Games, but I am interested in them. Maybe some day.

Well, anyways, greetings everyone.
  • Also, I have a pet rabbit.
  • edited March 2012
    Yay! Another rabbit person!
    Rym and I have 2 bunnies, Theo and Mugi.
    What is your rabbit like?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • MUAHAHAHA, STEW!
  • Disappointing effort, must try harder.
  • Sorry for the delay in reply. I work for a CPA and I've been crazy busy the last few weeks.

Our rabbit is, very odd. He's less than a year old, and doesn't like being held for long period of time. I've never owned one before, but I've read how other rabbits behave and ours just seems weird. We have a pen that we keep him in at night, but we let him run around the house during the day. He's almost like one of those cats that will come up to you and sit just beyond your reach. When you want to play with him, he'll run away. Sometimes he'll want to play hide and seek, others, he literally just goes back to his home and hides. The rest of the time, he'll come up, hop on you or nudge/lick you for long periods of time, but the very moment you acknowledge that he's there by looking at him or petting him, he goes away too.

He seems content just coming and sitting by us, so long as we don't try to pet him or anything. So we let him do that, play hide and seek with him. His favorite toy is a hamster ball from our last pet a few years ago. We put some dice inside it, and he just rolls it all over the house.
  • He sounds very cute, and you sound like you take good care of him. As for being weird, that's how our rabbit Spooky was. Some rabbits only like to be affectionate on their own terms, and are a little shy. Most rabbits, even friendly ones, totally hate being held. Theo will fight tooth and nail to avoid getting picked up. (Usually because he knows that nail clipping follows.)
  • Greetings to all present. Ive been lurking around for a while and can no longer resist the temptation to open my giant mouth and say a few things. If I'm going to sound off it's only fair that i introduce myself.

My name is Jon (or Jay to my friends) I'm 25 years of age, heavy of frame and jovial of character. A big gregarious fat guy with a penchant for Hawaiian shirts.

I work in sales/customer service for a firearms import and distribution company out of upstate New York.

Ive been into anime since I was about 12. My favorite series include Lucky Star, Yotsuba, Ranma 1/2 and Kenichi: The mightiest Disciple.

My Geekerys include: Comics, Classic Science fiction, Etymology, Firearms and Video-games.

It's a pleasure to be able to converse with such enlightened folk as those who frequent the geek nights forum. I shall not take such an opportunity lightly.

• Greetings to all present. Ive been lurking around for a while and can no longer resist the temptation to open my giant mouth and say a few things. If I'm going to sound off it's only fair that i introduce myself.

My name is Jon (or Jay to my friends) I'm 25 years of age, heavy of frame and jovial of character. A big gregarious fat guy with a penchant for Hawaiian shirts.

I work in sales/customer service for a firearms import and distribution company out of upstate New York.

Ive been into anime since I was about 12. My favorite series include Lucky Star, Yotsuba, Ranma 1/2 and Kenichi: The mightiest Disciple.

My Geekerys include: Comics, Classic Science fiction, Etymology, Firearms and Video-games.

It's a pleasure to be able to converse with such enlightened folk as those who frequent the geek nights forum. I shall not take such an opportunity lightly.
    Sounds like we'll have a grand old time, but Drunken Butler, there appears to be something wrong with your avatar.
  • It would seem to appear that way yes.

I'm posting from an old beast of a computer at the office. It appears that whichever version of internet explorer we have here doesn't play nice with the web site. I'll fix it when i get home to my own, more modern, computer.
  • Where in upstate New York?
  • The workplace is in Rochester.

I'm from out in Chili.
  • Oh look, another Rochesterian.

I grew up in Irondequoit, but am going to school in NYC and don't plan on returning.
    Many of the other forumites went to school at RIT.
  • Also, Rochester is not upstate. It's Western New York. I grew up in the Adirondacks - THAT is upstate, my friend. :) Thar be dragons and such.
  • Also, Rochester is not upstate. It's Western New York. I grew up in the Adirondacks - THAT is upstate, my friend. :) Thar be dragons and such.
    The upstate I never noticed existed until you pointed it out to me. ^_~ While I was at RIT, New York State consisted of a thin band along the Thruway terminating in the City.
    "Upstate" to most people (i.e., everyone except people from the Adirondacks) simply means "not New York City and its suburbs."
    "Upstate" to most people (i.e., everyone except people from the Adirondacks) simply means "not New York City and its suburbs."
    True facts. That's why people in the City call Beacon "upstate."
  • A similar phenomena occurs in Massachusetts, where anything west of 495 is "western Massachusetts".
    True facts. That's why people in the City call Beacon "upstate."
    Yes, and they're wrong. People use the word "theory" to mean "conjecture," too.

Granted, there's really nothing of particular value upstate.
  • Granted, there's really nothing of particular value upstate.
    Farms, sheep, and delicious clean water that NYC steals!

• Granted, there's really nothing of particular value upstate.
    Farms, sheep, and delicious clean water that NYC steals!
    Yeah. Alot of upstate (or Western New York) folks are none too fond of the big city. NYC gets blamed for things like the state tax rates, and state regulations. Like the gun laws ect. The feeling* is that if it wasnt for the "liberal city" the start would be a conservative paradise.

*These feelings and opinions are those help by many upstate New Yorkers and do not represent the beliefs of Drunken butler or his sponsors.

• Personal solution to such disagreements over what is upstate and what is not upstate. Don't have a downstate to begin with, that shit is negative as fuck.
  • Yeah. Alot of upstate (or Western New York) folks are none too fond of the big city. NYC gets blamed for things like the state tax rates, and state regulations. Like the gun laws ect. The feeling* is that if it wasnt for the "liberal city" the start would be a conservative paradise.
    Happens in any state with both rural and urban areas. I hear stuff like that in my area of Massachusetts, which is fairly rural, only they blame Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, and the like. Similarly there's the old saying that Pennsylvania is basically Philly on one end, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in between.