This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon is going VOIP!

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Mesprit... MasterBall all the way. He is too annoying otherwise.

When chasing him just go two an area that overlaps without going through a building (Jubilife city's Eastern exit) and run back and forth with the tracking map on. Eventually he will show up in the area you are in and you can run in the bushes to nab him.

Azelf is a pain but just paralyze him.

I had no problem catching Uxie.

False Swipe is a move you can buy in the big PokeMart store. When you attack with it it will never reduce a Pokemon below 1 HP.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • False Swipe is a move you can but in the big PokeMart store. When you attack with it it will never reduce a Pokemon below 1 HP.
    This will help a lot!
  • False Swipe is a move you can but in the big PokeMart store. When you attack with it it will never reduce a Pokemon below 1 HP.

This will help a lot!

Can't very few pokemon use it though? I remember way back when when Farfech'd was the only 'mon who could use it.
    This will help a lot!
    Can't very few pokemon use it though? I remember way back when when Farfech'd was the only 'mon who could use it.
    www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/falseswipe.shtml
  • I was digging around in the underground today (for the first time! :D) and now I'm not getting nearly as many sparklies as I was at first. :< I was walking around, trying to find the hikers for a good ten minutes earlier and not a single treasure sparkle showed up on the map. Is there a limit to how much digging you can do per day?

(How great is the underground though? Heart scales, Arceus plates, Fossils, Everstones, Evolution Stones and Secret Base FTW!)
  • If only you could battle your friends in their secret bases...
  • Any tricks when catching Mestrip? The thing  is that everytime I am close to him he goes away. How can I use that map the right way?
  • Any tricks when catching Mestrip? The thing is that everytime I am close to him he goes away. How can I use that map the right way?

I caught Mesprit by wandering around randomly, and keeping a pokemon with mean look in my party at all times. Just go around the world training and capturing other rare/legendary pokemon and, eventually, Mesprit will appear.
  • Any tricks when catching Mestrip? The thing is that everytime I am close to him he goes away. How can I use that map the right way?

I caught Mesprit by wandering around randomly, and keeping a pokemon withmean lookin my party at all times. Just go around the world training and capturing other rare/legendary pokemon and, eventually, Mesprit will appear.
    Altenatively, have that pokemon with mean look first in your party, the marker app on your poketch screen and walk between a couple zones until mesprit's marker turns up in your area and run into the grass to encounter it. Mean Look + False Swipe = Dusk Ball. Easy!
  • Thank you guys but when you guys are talking about mean look is it like a pokemon that looks angry like stelix or stapraptor?
  • Mean Look is an attack that prevents the wild Pokemon from escaping. It also prevents trainers from switching a Pokemon out. The attack Block also works well.

Some Pokemon have an ability that prevents opponents from escaping. Wobbufett is one such Pokemon.
  • Thank you guys I will find one of those, in the mean time I making eeve reproduce like crazy to get at least seven so I can all the evolutions, anyone want and egg?
  • I'll take anything you're willing to hand out :D

Also, does anyone have any shell bells they would be willing to trade? I like auto-HP recovery.

I just captured the dialga over my lunch break, so I'm very happy right now. I can't wait to get home and play with him. Go Smaug!
  • Lol, Smaug. I called mine Entropien. Lol, thermodynamics. I wish I had a Palkia called Enthalpien to match but obviously I can't rename the one I acquired on the GTS. :<

Chrono, Golbats have that Mean Look attack and you can find them in pretty much any cave so that's probably the easiest place to get it.
  • So yesterday while i was catching pokemons I encountered Mestrip, did not had mean look, so alas after my first attakc he fled, I hope I can see him again since I can still he him in my monitor, other wise I will have to trade something to get one :(
  • Mesprit'll keep coming back again and again, unless you straight up kill/faint him. As long as you don't faint him you'll have infinite chances at catching him.
  • edited June 2007
    Got-damn! They've got us pinned!

Post edited by Sail on
  • And the Pokemon thread will reach it's 528 post, signaling the end of self-esteem for all whom do not play Pokemon. And woe to all those who try to end the madness, may they rest in peace.

Dear God.
  • Sorry for the bump, but a ton of my pokemon some how caught pokerus. And, I realized that if I have on infected pokemon in my party, and get into a bunch of battles, all of them will have pokerus.
  • Sorry for the bump, but a ton of my pokemon some how caught pokerus. And, I realized that if I have on infected pokemon in my party, and get into a bunch of battles, all of them will have pokerus.
    That's actually good. It makes it easy to do EV training.
    That's actually good. It makes it easy to do EV training.
    Yeah, now if I could only figure out how to EV train properly -_- Right now I'm just trying to get all of my pokemon infected.
  • Necrothread.

Now that PAX is quickly approaching, I'm sure there will be plenty of people playing Pokeymans. So, who here is preparing their teams just for this event?
  • Now that PAX is quickly approaching, I'm sure there will be plenty of people playing Pokeymans. So, who here is preparing their teams just for this event?
    The WhaleShark is.
  • Ah, that's cool. I know there'll be a few time-slots that are reserved for Pokemon DS. I'm wondering how competitive the trainers there will be?
  • I'm trying and failing miserably, considering I hadn't even beaten the Elite 4 until last month. Yeah, shows you how dedicated I am to that game. XD;; But I would like to do some battling at PAX nonetheless. Hopefully I can train up my superteam in time.
  • Do you have any Pokes you need? If you really want, I could help you train some.
  • I'm currently EV training a few guys up from level 1. I could whisper and let you know what I'm doing. That way I wouldn't reveal my JAWSOME SEKKRETS ZOMG to the public. ;)
  • Lol, go ahead. I might have some Lv. 1 Pokes that I could EV for ya.
  • Let me ask you though, who has a team with no elites??
  • Do you mean no legendaries, or no Pokemon that are just commonly agreed to be over-used?