This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• nah. Instead, we're using the Vent server to comment on the debate.
  • nah. Instead, we're using the Vent server to comment on the debate.
    Oi! I'd care more about the election if I didn't miss the voting by a month because I turn 18 on December 3rd, about a month shy.
  • Oi! I'd care more about the election if I didn't miss the voting by a month because I turn 18 on December 3rd, about a month shy.
    Just because you aren't able to vote in the general election doesn't necessarily mean you should care less.
  • Ok, I'm pretty sure the Vent crack doesn't work. When I tried to get in during the debate, it kept saying it was full.
  • edited October 2008
    After using the server for the debate, it turns out that the 8 person cap remains.

EDIT: Wow, me and Andrew posted within a second of eachother.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Well damn. I was afraid of that, but I had hoped it would end up working. I couldn't find anything else, so it looks like we're stuck at 8 people right now. After bit more research, it looks like no one has successfully cracked it, so the best I could do is run a 2.3.1 server. That one would work fine, but everyone would have to install an old copy of vent, and that's a hassle. If anyone has any other solutions, feel free to let me know.
  • Well, for this Saturday, Lets do it via skype. I'm hosting.
    And just to (giga)drill it in: Saturday, 7:30pm EST (GMT-5) 4:30PM PST (GMT-8)
  • edited October 2008
    Edit - never mind, I'm a moron.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!
    edited October 2008
    I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!
    You're early! You're spamming! You're annoying!

EDIT: Churba, can you pass that 'moron' tag one post down please? :D
    Post edited by ... on
  • You're early! You're spamming! You're annoying!
    Look who's talking Mr. I must flame every single person on the forum.
  • Look who's talking Mr. I must flame every single person on the forum.
    Don't mention it, but now I have to butcher that name down to 20 characters and use it. :\
  • 6:30 Central... I may be able to hop on this time. Yay!
  • Don't forget to add me (SonicDH) as a skype contact.
  • edited October 2008
    Ok so I am a little confused. Is anyone allowed to join in to this chat?
    If so would really like to. I am downloading skype and am hoping that my 2 yr old mic is working.

Yes my mic is working. So, how is this going to work... Ill try msging you SonicDH.
    [edit] msg sent, maybe you will get it.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • May I join? I'm really interested in what goes on in Geekchat. My Skype is greyhuge.
  • May I join? My Skype is li_akahi (go figure).
  • Anyone who wants in should get in now.
  • I think I'll sit in on a bit of this one - My Skype name is joje2010 (don't ask)
  • This was fun, I definitely want to get in on more of these.
  • Geekchat is now in session! GreyHuge is hosting.
  • Yep. I have been dragged along willingly.
  • Guess there wasn't a geektalk today, eh?
    Truth be told, I completely forgot.
  • People should add my new Skype account because I just reinstalled it and finally ordered a new headset.

cyclpsrock

I look forward to talking to you people again ^_^
  • It's been a while eh folks? Who's up for next Saturday evening? Let's say 7pm EST? That's 4pm for west coast listeners and 12am GMT.

I won't promise recording, so its a free for all affair (as if it was anything but).
  • That sounds good to me. Who would be interested in coming? I definitely would. There is a small problem of finding topics, maybe If we had a theme for the topics... perhaps to start procedural content in video games? I would be interested in any suggestions.
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah, this time I'm gonna try to put in some topics in there.

One topic will if science will ever regain a substantial foothold in the minds of average Americans.

However, we can still wander away if thats where the conversation leads. Topics are mostly here just to keep us from running into those periods of silence.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited March 2009
    I'll be there
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Okay, so tomorrow at 4:00PST, 7pm EST, 12amGMT. Is anyone else going to be able to make it?