This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I'm in, but I'll probably be just a bystander listening in and chiming in with my two cents if something catches my interest.
  • How do I do this, for I've never participated in GeekChat before. Ashamed to admit it, but I never have. :(
  • edited June 2009
    How do I do this, for I've never participated in GeekChat before. Ashamed to admit it, but I never have. :(
    Instructions.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Okay. I can't believe this, but I've just found out I can't participate. My sister is holding a model shoot for her new Ad agency and someone (i.e. Me), has to watch my little brother. Unfortunately, it's off-site as well so...bleh.

It sucks because it's been so long since the last one. Oh well, you guys have fun!
  • You should let your little brother on the skype. That would be funny.
  • So when is the next geekchat?
  • You should let your little brother on the skype. That would be funny.
    Seems doing that only gave the female members the sudden urge to breed. Haha...
  • He was really really cute. I liked when he said you should go over to my house and you were like "her house is 3000 miles away"

Kate wants kids anyway. This is just reinforcing it.
  • Kids are great, but I'm not really sure if I want to have kids myself. I'm not sure if this because or despite my experiences with my little brother. But yeah, he is super cute and innocent at times. Although, sometimes I worry if I've exposed him to too many things he shouldn't have been exposed to; He's quite fond of Star Trek TNG and I'm not sure if that's a good thing...
  • edited June 2009

Alrighty people:

1) Can people make it the coming Friday (June 26th) at the same time?
    2) Nineless, will you be able to host one of the rooms again? You appeared to have the most stable connection.

I'll be asking anyone familiar with port forwarding to do so in an attempt to improve call quality.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited June 2009
    Kids are great, but I'm not really sure if I want to have kids myself. I'm not sure if this because or despite my experiences with my little brother. But yeah, he is super cute and innocent at times. Although, sometimes I worry if I've exposed him to too many things he shouldn't have been exposed to; He's quite fond of Star Trek TNG and I'm not sure if that's a good thing...
    What? How could that not be a good thing.

Also, I ought to have the time; I'm kinda busy right now but it should be over by Saturday morning.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • 1) Can people make it the coming Friday (June 26th) at the same time?
    I'm going to my moms starting tomorrow and will stay there for a period of time. I will most likely still be there on Friday.
    2) Nineless, will you be able to host one of the rooms again? You appeared to have the most stable connection.
    See point 1. I won't be plugged in directly to the internets via gigabit cable when at my moms.
  • I can probably host.
  • I get off of work at 8, but I will be there and I will definitely be able to talk (unlike last time).
  • Random Geekchat going on RIGHT NOW.
  • Is it over?
  • Is it over?
    Not yet.
  • Heh, well as it turned out I was too busy writing a post about copyright, and I've also now realized that I have to wake up early tomorrow morning for an exam at 8:00 (it's 22:46 now).
    I should be in for the next one, though.
  • Heh, well as it turned out I was too busy writing a post about copyright, and I've also now realized that I have to wake up early tomorrow morning for an exam at 8:00 (it's 22:46 now).
    I should be in for the next one, though.
    S'ok, wasn't an official one. Fun all the same though - Gunter's image is pretty accurate.

Things Discussed
    -Russian girls in fountains
    -Russian girls out of fountains
    -Russian girls, dressed like maids, in fountains
    -How some russian high school uniforms look like french maid outfits.
    -Russian cheerleaders
    -Creative Commons
    -Lenin's wife
    -Get off the phone
    -Johnny wander remixes
    -How sonic shouldn't put his subway subs in the toaster oven
    -Catching Sonic Off Guard with SDN
    -Sleep Deprivation
    -Our New favorite Broadway musical, Featuring Jack Black and an animated squirrel.
  • In regards to the creative commons, We've decided that overtly promiscuous women are automatically licensed Attribution_Non-Commercial_Share-Alike.
  • I'm kinda glad I missed the chat.
  • I'm kinda glad I missed the chat.
    Well, this one, probably, yeah - but more evidence of why we need more female participation in geekchats - though to be fair, this was an impromptu chat rather than a proper one.
  • When the should the next official chat be held (meaning more than 6 people at a time)? I'm thinking sometime next week or something, but that depends on everyone else' schedule. The reason why I'm pressing this so much in the forums is that I believe we should have geekchats more often because if last Friday's chat was any indication, it's that Geekchat is totally awesome and it allows us to actually talk with people rather than reading posts (for the record, I want everyone to know I'm not disparaging the FRC Forums in any way) which brings about convenience. Also, a gay 'ole time can be had by all who participate, and I defy anyone to challenge this statement.
  • So, it's been about a month since the last Geekchat, and I think it's time we hold another one. But this time, instead of me telling you when to be there (which led to a less-than successful Geekchat), I'll let you decide whomever is interested in attending. I hope we all can have another awesome time like the one in July with all those people. So let's get cracking and try to decide when one will be held.
  • I might show up for this one? Potentially? I am fairly nervous about Skype chats but these seem fun.
  • I might show up for this one? Potentially? I am fairly nervous about Skype chats but these seem fun.
    I know exactly where you're coming from because I cannot tell you how scared I was to do it the first time, but it ended up being awesome and I never laughed so much in my life. Come on and join us! You won't regret it.
  • I can probably be there, pretty much whenever.