This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I know exactly where you're coming from because I cannot tell you how scared I was to do it the first time, but it ended up being awesome and I never laughed so much in my life. Come on and join us! You won't regret it.
    Yeah, what he said.

I'm good on any night past 10 P.M. EST.
  • I can come any night as long as it's not Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
  • I'm good on any night past 10 P.M. EST.
    Pretty much this.
    This. Should probably buy a headset.
    Ditto. I need one to fix the fucked up mic I have.
  • edited September 2009
    I just got this one recently. It's pretty good for pretty cheap.
    I need one to fix the fucked up mic I have.
    The one that makes you sound like a 45-year old 300 pound biker?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Hey! I want to be on a GeekChat again. I finally got both power and internets in my apartment, so any night is good for me. How about sometime this week?
  • Hey! I want to be on a GeekChat again. I finally got both power and internets in my apartment, so any night is good for me. How about sometime this week?
    It would have to be on a weekend for me, but I'll do what I can to make it so it can be any other time and have a lotta people involved.
  • any weekend but this weekend. We're having our on-campus anime convention and I can't miss it.
  • any weekend but this weekend. We're having our on-campus anime convention and I can't miss it.
    AWW SHIT Mikomicon is this weekend? Damn. I'll be in Eagle Rock.
  • Some time ago I was wondering when the next GeekChat will be, now I got somewhat of an answer.

And as long as it is on weekend I will most likely be there.
    AWW SHIT Mikomicon is this weekend? Damn. I'll be in Eagle Rock.
    No big deal.
  • I should be able to attend.
  • I'm going to assume that people who are saying EST are talking about EDT; they aren't the same. 10pm EDT puts things right around midday for me, which ought to be fine; I'm happy with 22:00 EDT on a Friday or Saturday.
  • Is there a possible way to record these? Because if we can do it at 10 PM, I won't be able to stay up past 3 AM because of my tolerance for staying up late. By the way, I never said anything about doing it this week, I said at any time. But whatever is good for everyone.
  • One more thing, is there a possibility of any FRC involvment at all?
  • The one that makes you sound like a 45-year old 300 pound biker?
    I love that Mic so much, it sounds awesome.

I'll be on if I can manage it, which seems likely at this point.
  • Well, around 9 people seem to be fine with 22:00 EDT on Saturday (= 02:00 UTC on Sunday), so it's a pretty good bet at the moment. Any dissenters should speak up now, but there is always time to have another GeekChat.
  • edited September 2009
    The weekend isn't great for me, but I might be up at that time.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • The one that makes you sound like a 45-year old 300 pound biker?
    Wait, you mean Yupa isn't a 45-year-old, 300 pound biker?
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    The one that makes you sound like a 45-year old 300 pound biker?
    Wait, you mean Yupaisn'ta 45-year-old, 300 pound biker?
    Yeah okay, stop with the mic meme. It was funny at first, but it isn't funny now. Could we just drop it? Come the day I get my headset, that meme will die in a fire. No wonder Scott told people to stop making those Rules of Scott Rubin.

EDIT: It wouldn't be so bad had I not met any members of the FRC or Forumites because the mystique just vanished, but because of that it is now an irritant.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • This weekend is no good for me.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    I could do it anytime, but not the following weekend since that is when the New York Anime Festival occurs.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I propose we have the next geekchat on Talk Like A Pirate Day. Imagine the hilarity and awesomeness that could ensue from that!!
  • That would be awesome, if I had a microphone. I might listen in, if that's possible.
  • Oh shits, I have to pull out.....but I have a very good reason, I promise you.
  • I am busy the evening of TLaPD, but you folks have fun!
  • I would also be busy if that is the case.
  • I got pirate/goth plans. Best. Weekend. Coming.
  • I propose we have the next geekchat on Talk Like A Pirate Day. Imagine the hilarity and awesomeness that could ensue from that!!
    As awesome as that idea is, I think this Geekchat would again consist of just me and you.