This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I'll have to take a nap during the day, so I won't fall asleep during the chat. But yes, I will be there, at least some amount of time.
  • I should be able to.
  • Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot. I have to attend a memorial service today. Crap. Sorry.
  • Oh. Sorry to hear that. Who died?
  • edited March 2009
    I'm not sure, actually. It was noone I knew, but she was old and very significant to the "family", So I'm sort of obligated to go. As is the rest of my immediate family. Not to sound mean but I personally care more about some people here than many members of my extended family.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Not to sound mean but I personally care more about some people here than many members of my extended family.
    Chill, same with me. Just because they are technically "family" there are some people who I have seen maybe once in my life. Needless to say, I do not feel the need to see them. Again.
  • Well, I can host the Geekchat, if anyone still interested.
  • Me an Grey are on, Cmon in guys, the water is fine!

I think what needs to happen is that we need to set this up, like, a month ahead of time and have a whole slew of awesome people on the call. The first two geekchats should be a good benchmark. So lets see who was on...

Emily, Scott Johnson, Mrs. Macross, Me, Nineless, Classic, Waterispoison, Ro, VHDBlood... Did I miss anyone?

Also, Rym had said last time that he would join us. Rym, are you still up for it?
  • Sorry guys, I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 1 in the afternoon.
  • Would have loved to be a part of this, but I think the time difference would shaft my day/week - keep posting on this though, sounds like a lot of fun!
  • I was sailing.
  • I was sailing.
    Did you search for tomorrow on every shore?
  • When is the last time there was a GeekChat? We should have another one soon.
  • I will not take over the FNPL thread.

Anyone who wants to participate in the next GeekChat, give a range of dates where you are available. I'm pretty much free until Anime Expo 09 (July 2nd).
  • Basically any weekend, friday or saturnday night.
  • edited June 2009
    I would like to participate. If we are going to do it during the work week, I would prefer if we start no later than 9:00 p.m. EST (for me personally, I don't know how this would work out for people in other time zones). Weekend evenings are touch and go, but I could plan around any date excepting July 2nd -July 5th. We could also aim for a weekend morning/afternoon which are usually more open than the evenings (for me, at least).
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Same boat as Apsup.
  • edited June 2009
    Same boat as Apsup.
    Really, no hot dates on Friday and Saturday nights?
    This Saturday is a no-go for me.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • If I can get skype to connect, I can probably do Friday
  • Really, no hot dates on Friday and Saturday nights?
    All the hot dates moved to university cities or aren't intellectually interesting. And even if I had money, I wouldn't go waste it on useless, not-awesome nights out in bars. I only do awesome parties.
  • Friday night is the only good night for me. Either that or Sunday. I might prefer Friday, though.
  • You're Friday is our Saturday. :)
  • edited June 2009
    So tomorrow night then. What time then? I'm west coast so whatever time we pick it has to be reasonable for everyone. How about 7:00PM EST? That would make it 4:00PM for me and 11:00PM UTC.

Also, everyone should change skypes connection port to port 44043 and open that port in their firewalls/routers. This way we'll have a clearer connection.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I can probably do that. Yeah.
  • edited June 2009
    Sounds like a plan.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I'm in! ^_^
    Well it's weekend I have time to stay up all night I just have to try and get enough sleep tonight.
  • Sounds good.
  • I'll be very late because of work. Hell, by ten you guy might be done.
  • By some strange coincidence, I am working tomorrow morning, so may I join in the Friday night festivities?