This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I'm here. You can add me, and I'll listen as usual.
  • geekchat is on right now
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    This is a message to all those who care enough about geekchats to even bother checking this thread. Unless somebody else would like to hold these chats at any other given time, the last chat that was held tonight will be the last one held for quite some time. As I said before, unless somebody else wants to host these, I don't plan on doing another Geekchat for about 2 or 3 months because they have worn me out. I've also realized less and less people seem to come on which is probably due to me bringing them up so often which results in making them somewhat stale.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Yupa, you gave people 3 hours of warning for this most recent Geekchat. Seriously, what did you expect?
    Also, these chats don't need anyone to "hold" them - they're a group effort. The hosting is trivial - it worked pretty decently even when Nine was hosting at one point.

Hence, without further ado, we begin with a weekend-by-weekend poll for the next month:
    Name: Weekend (by Saturday Date) {17 Oct, 24 Oct, 31 Oct, 7 Nov}
    lackofcheese: 3 3 3 3 (should be fine on most Friday or Saturday nights; Sunday night doesn't work since it's Monday morning here)

I'm guessing weekends are generally better (if that's not the case, say so). Also, I know weekend-by-weekend is subject to the problem that people might be available on different days, but day-by-day is too much granularity right now.
  • lackofcheese: 3 3 3 3
    Kate Monster: 4 4 0 0

October 31st is Halloween and November 7th is the opening weekend for my play.
  • October 31st is Halloween and November 7th is the opening weekend for my play.
    Is it a play you wrote or will you be acting in it?
  • October 31st is Halloween and November 7th is the opening weekend for my play.
    Acting in.
    Acting in.
    What is the play?
    Vhdblood: 0 0 0 0

We have to have some that aren't on weekends. I work three 12 hour shifts in a row, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then I get the other four days off. This is my schedule for at least a few months, probably longer.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    lackofcheese: 3 3 3 3
    Yupa: 4 3 0 3

I'll try.
    Post edited by Geo on
    Kate Monster: 0 4 0 0

Remembered that I will be partying in Beacon before a friend's wedding on the 17th. Whoops.
  • I am excited, because I just remembered that I had an old mic lying around. I tested it out, and it works fine. Looking forward to the next Geekchat, whenever it may be.

AxeL: 2 5 5 5
  • I'm on my phone and the quote button isn't working.

Sail: 0 4 2 4
  • Axel: 2 5 5 5
    You're not partaking in Halloween festivities?
  • Axel: 2 5 5 5
    You're not partaking in Halloween festivities?
    Probably not. I tend to be a pretty boring, lonely, shut-in of a person.
  • edited October 2009
    Name: Weekend (by Saturday Date) {17 Oct, 24 Oct, 31 Oct, 7 Nov}
    Axel: 2 5 5 5

The 24th is looking decent.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Name: Weekend (by Saturday Date) {17 Oct, 24 Oct, 31 Oct, 7 Nov}
    Luke: 0 5 0 0
    Diddgery: 2 0 0 3

'Course last time I showed up I didn't say much and only stuck around for an hour or so, but I enjoyed what I was around for.
    Diddgery: 2 0 0 3
    Tenhauser: 3 3 3 3
  • So what time is this happening tonight?
  • So what time is this happening tonight?
    It looks like more people would be available other weekends. I know for one that I can't do it tonight, I have a party to go to. But, there's no reason we can't have several over a few weeks, I guess...
  • From the looks of things, the weekend of the 24th (probably the Saturday) was the best by a significant margin. Just to make sure, we'll do a Fri-Sat-Sun split:
    Name: Night (likely ~8pm EDT) {Fri 23, Sat 24, Sun 25}
    lackofcheese: 4 4 0
  • lackofcheese: 4 4 0
    Axel: 5 4 0
  • I'll be available tonight.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    I'll be available tonight.
    I guess it means it ain't happening tonight...dammit
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I'll be available tonight.
    I guess it means it ain't happening tonight...dammit
    What? Was my wanting to sign on a bell weather for it not happening?
  • I guess it means it ain't happening tonight...dammit
    I thought you had said you had grown tired of such frequent Geekchats less than a week ago, or is that no longer the case?
  • I guess it means it ain't happening tonight...dammit
    I thought you had said you had grown tired of such frequent Geekchats less than a week ago, or is that no longer the case?
    I was tired of hosting them. Participating doesn't require as much energy as hosting does, but that's mostly due to the fact that I'm really lazy.
  • I was tired of hosting them. Participating doesn't require as much energy as hosting does, but that's mostly due to the fact that I'm really lazy.
    What? Hosting requires more energy? Bullshit, it's the same as participating, the only difference is that you have to select a few names and invite them to a conference call at the start.

Are you just inflating this 'responsibility' on the 'hoster's part in your mind to absurd proportions? Any participant can just host willy-nilly.