This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• edited October 2009
    For those of you without mics, from the reviews, this seems like a passable mic for less than three dollars. Dealextreme does free shiping on everything too.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • For those of you without mics, from the reviews, this seems likea passable mic for less than three dollars.
    It probably also shoots radiation and lazors.
  • For those of you without mics, from the reviews, this seems likea passable mic for less than three dollars. Dealextreme does free shiping on everything too.
    Hot dang...I will have to see if my parents will order that for me...That's incredible though.
  • edited October 2009
    Like I said, it will, at best, be passable and might crap out after a month or two. While it may not shoot radiation or lasers (Though they do have high power lasers for sale in the Lasers and Guns section.) I would be careful buying things like batteries or such from DE as they might just fry what you put them in.

Also, I still can't get over how Funfetus can take a funny idea and then draw it just as funny as you'd thought it would be. As evidenced by the ice-cream drive-by and break-dancing Gandalf.
    The ice-cream drive-by comes from me talking about The Glasgow Ice-cream Wars.
  • Also, I still can't get over how Funfetus can take a funny idea and then draw it just as funny as you'd thought it would be. As evidenced by the ice-cream drive-by and break-dancing Gandalf.
    I think it's impossible to draw either of those things without being funny.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Anybody up for one tonight or some other time this weekend?

Name FRI SAT SUN
    Lordyupa: 5 3 4
    Post edited by Geo on
  • My plans are up in the air at the moment. I will get back to y'all later.
  • NameFRISATSUN
    Günter: 3 3 3
  • NameFRISATSUN
    Diddgery: 0 1 3
  • NameFRISATSUN
    Luke: 2 2 0
  • NameFRISATSUN
    Funfetus: 2 2 2
  • edited October 2009
    NameFRISATSUN
    lackofcheese: 3 3 3
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I've got a confession to make, I was sick the whole day, and I thought I had more energy to do a chat tonight. But it's gotten worse, so no Geekchat tonight, if somebody else wants to do it, that's fine with me. I hope things will be better tomorrow.
  • Under normal circumstances, I would, but tonight I have the premiere of a movie I worked on to go to.
  • Li_Akahi: 0 0 0

I'm home for this weekend, so no GeekChat for me.
    edited October 2009
    Homegoers: 0 0 0
    Fixed that for yougenerals' sake.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Would it be wise to, even though I'm still a little ill, still do the Geekchat? My plan was to not talk a lot of the time and just be listening and chime in whenever I feel like it.
  • My plan was to not talk a lot of the time and just be listening and chime in whenever I feel like it.
    Welcome to the club!
  • edited October 2009
    Urgh.. what are some people like. Having things to do on a Saturday night.. it's despicable.

I've been knackered all day from lack of sleep but my body seems to think that three hours is plenty so I'm probably going to be pretty wired until some time in the morning.

I also have awesome tales of Hackspace to relate to you all.
  • My plan was to not talk a lot of the time and just be listening and chime in whenever I feel like it.
    Welcome to the club!
    I think our reasons for talking are fundamentally different.
  • I think our reasons for talking are fundamentally different.
    I usually don't say very much because carrying a conversation with a large group of people that I can't see feels odd. Talking over eachother feels like much less of a problem when you can tell if someone has something to say, or when you don't have the slight delay there screwing with the flow of the conversation. Anyway, there really isn't a single fundimental reason that I talk; it depends entirely on the person, setting and topic. In the case of the Geekchat it's to chill out and enjoy the conversation, and making myself at all uncomfortable or overly-excited defeats that point.
  • Talking over eachother feels like much less of a problem when you can tell if someone has something to say, or when you don't have the slight delay there screwing with the flow of the conversation.
    Word. Last time I felt like I was pretty unsuccessful trying to get a word in at some points, and ended up mostly speaking only when spoken to. It was still fun, though.
  • I also have awesome tales of Hackspace to relate to you all.
    "And then, churba got excited and started making a coilgun..."

Also, I did an impromptu presentation of "Losing should be fun (With apologies to Rym and Scott)" That went down quite well, and I have a story to tell about that on the next geekchat.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Okay, now I know I said I would have a geekchat sometime this week and twice I've failed to come through on that promise. Well this time I AM well enough to do one with everyone because I am at the stage in my cold where there is just sputum in my throat and that isn't a hindrance to me. Be there tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Okay, now I know I said I would have a geekchat sometime this week and twice I've failed to come through on that promise. Well this time I AM well enough to do one with everyone because I am at the stage in my cold where there is just sputum in my throat and that isn't a hindrance to me. Be there tonight at 8:00 PM.
    I will probably come and listen, as usual. Maybe I'll get a mic someday.
  • T-Minus 60 Minutes and counting.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Geekchat in a half hour, anybody who can (aside from those who already put their name down) or cannot make it, please speak up now.

Here is the current list of people so far
    NameFRISATSUN
    lackofcheese: 3 3 3
    Li_Akahi: 0 0 0
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2009
    I can't. I'm about to head off to university (I guess that 3 was misleading, I forgot it would be for Monday morning).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • geekchat in nearly 5 minutes.
  • Signed in, but I gotta go set up.