This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• Matt: 0 4 5 5
    Luke: 4 5 0 3
    Axel: 0 3 5 2
    Sail: 5 5 0 3
    Grey: 1 3 5 3
    Vhdblood: 5 0 0 0
    Funfetus: 5 5 3 2
    Omnutia: 5 5 3 3
    Diddgery: 2 0 0 4
    Nine: 3 3 3 3
    Günter: 3 4 4 5
    Andrew: cos(π/2) lim1->inf (1/x) 0 det[1 3 | 3 1]
  • Matt: 0 4 5 5
    Andrew: cos(π/2) lim1->inf (1/x) 0 det[1 3 | 3 1]
    Robert: 2 4 4 3
  • Alright! The vote is that the Geekchat will take place on Friday, due to the votes that I have seen here. What time would be a good time for anyone? I don't get out of class until 2 PM since I have to wake up early in morning a lot of the time.
  • Alright! The vote is that the Geekchat will take place on Friday, due to the votes that I have seen here. What time would be a good time for anyone? I don't get out of class until 2 PM since I have to wake up early in morning a lot of the time.
    YOU'VE ALREADY GIVEN THE TIME IT WILL START!!!!!!!!!! The responses so far have been who can make it at 9PM Eastern Whatever Time!!!!!!!! If you change that now, MY ANSWER WILL CHANGE TOO!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
  • edited September 2009
    Sounds like Luke is having trouble trying to juggle his schedule.

*badumpsh*
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The best time to start is at 9pm, New York time (as the clocks change this weekend), but geekchat typically runs for two or three hours so join when you can after that time. My skype username is Matthew Geoffino (Yupa), so ask to be my friend, I'll accept, then message me and I'll add you to the chat.
    According to timeanddate.com, New York DST ends on Sunday Nov 1. What's the deal?
    Matt: 0 4 5 5
    Andrew: 0 0 0 -8 (assuming you meant x->inf for the second)
    Robert: 2 4 4 3
    lackofcheese: 2 3 4 4
  • Andrew: 0 0 0 -8
    You do know determinate is ad-bc, right? Therefore (1*3 - 3*1) = 0
    YOU'VE ALREADY GIVEN THE TIME IT WILL START!!!!!!!!!! The responses so far have been who can make it at 9PM Eastern Whatever Time!!!!!!!! If you change that now, MY ANSWER WILL CHANGE TOO!!!!!!!!

No I didn't. That was purely anecdotal, I'm sorry if a miscommunication was made. I fully intend to make it 9 PM Eastern Time.
  • edited September 2009
    Alright! The vote is that the Geekchat will take place on Friday, due to the votes that I have seen here. What time would be a good time for anyone? I don't get out of class until 2 PM since I have to wake up early in morning a lot of the time.

No I didn't. That was purely anecdotal, I'm sorry if a miscommunication was made. I fully intend to make it 9 PM Eastern Time.
    No offense, but if you're going to take it on yourself to organize something you've got to start reading what YOU post. Forget ignoring other people... read what YOU posted. YOU posted the time it would start. Then YOU asked what time it should start. And now YOU are saying it will be 9pm again. You are miscommunicating with yourself!

Seriously, get a clue. Are you fucking eleven years old or something?

EDIT: intentionally insulting on this one, but as a callback.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited September 2009
    det[1 3 | 3 1]
    You do know determinate is ad-bc, right? Therefore (1*3 - 3*1) = 0
    a = 1, d = 1, b = 3, c = 3 => det = -8. The mistake is yours, not mine.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • a = 1, d = 1, b = 3, c = 3 => det = -8. The mistake is yours, not mine.
    Haha, indeed. Matrix fail.
  • Just under 7 hours from now, then? I'd best get some sleep.
  • Geekchat starting in T-Minus 3 Hours
  • Alrighty. I will be typing away. Do I have to join some special chatroom, or will I get invited when it starts? I'm unaware of the procedure.
  • I am making a game, bitches! Beta build due today! Seriously, maybe next time, guys. It's always fun.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    I am making a game, bitches! Beta build due today! Seriously, maybe next time, guys. It's always fun.
    Seriously, from the preview you showed us; your game is more kickass and deserves more time than a buncha nerds just chatting with each other. So hop to it!

EDIT: I'm hoping that the week after the New York Anime Festival, I'll be able to hold another one.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    T-minus 1 hour and 30 minutes till chat of the geeks begins. Get your headsets/microphones ready (doesn't apply to no mic people).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I guess I'll be home.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    GEEKCHAT ARE GO!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I'll be on after dinner.
  • Room for one more?
  • edited September 2009
    Of course!
    But if you're not online we can't call you.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Online now.
  • edited September 2009
    We need a Viga soundboard. I would pay money to play "I want a slurry, FUCK" at will, over and over again.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Push button, get Viga quote.
  • "I want a slurry, FUCK"
    I see that you've edited, and put in a comma. I'm a lot less curious now. :)
    edited September 2009
    I see that you've edited, and put in a comma. I'm a lot less curious now. :)
    I agree, without the comma it's much better.

[EDIT]
    So I was reading the Dwarf Fortress forums and came across an innuendo thread, about Plump Helmets and Kobold Bulbs and that stuff. Quite hilariously disturbing, I talked about it with Churba. Remember the crazy shipping we talked about during the GeekChat? Well, I also told Churba you lot had paired me up with the world. From one thing came another, and then I used the wrong word and said: "If everyone wants to fuck with me, pay money, my sperm's too volatile."

From that came such things as:
    "You see, Officer, He walked in with his dick out, and Said "Nobody move, this is a robbery" then he wanked onto the vault door, which exploded"
    "Gimmie your wallet! I'm a Premature Ejaculator!"
    "Why do they call John "Old limpy"?"
    "He fucked with the wrong crowd."
    Uranus was also mentioned, and how it's more suitable.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I'm in for the next ones for sure.
  • I know this is on short notice, but I didn't think of doing this until about 45 minutes ago. How about I hold another geekchat at some point over the next three days? Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the nights that I think will work best. As before, I'll start it up at 9pm, New York time.

As for the day, I'd like to host it on the day that is best for the most people. We'll use the same format that Luke came up with. So, add yourself to the bottom of the list using the numbers 1-5 (1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest obviously) in the order in which you think you can attend. Anybody who cannot make it, do not ignore this and put yourself on the list anyway just to let me and the rest of the forumites know.

Name: Friday: Saturday: Sunday:
    Matt (Yupa): 5 5 5
  • edited October 2009
    I'll try to make it if I can, but I can't guarantee anything -- my girlfriend's dad passed away last week, and we've been spending a lot of time at her mom's house.

So maybe:
    Funfetus: 2 2 2
    Post edited by Funfetus on