This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I missed it. 24 hour notice next time would be nice.
    Same here. I would love to chat with all you sexy awesome people. However, I also blame the fact that I'm moving this weekend. Next time!
  • If you guys send the audio along, I wouldn't be opposed to cleaning it up and putting it in the experimental feed.
  • I was tired and kinda incoherent, but that's okay.
    I think that's what made it fun.

If you guys send the audio along, I wouldn't be opposed to cleaning it up and putting it in the experimental feed.
    Viga's the one that has it. Sonic was gonna do the post on it, but he's also busy getting ready for a move so I don't think he'd mind you taking over for him.
  • ... Somewhat have it. Remember the fail part. But I need Sonic's part too.
  • It was sooo fun Kate! You need to come next time. I was tired and kinda incoherent, but that's okay.
    I was so tired and incoherent that I slept for several hours, during the chat. :P
  • Compared to other members of the forum, I've come to the realization that my voice isn't sexy at all. :(
  • I'll upload it to archive as soon as I export it.
  • I've come to the realization that my voice isn't sexy at all.
    It's all right buddy. Ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power.
  • edited July 2008
    It was sooo fun Kate! You need to come next time. I was tired and kinda incoherent, but that's okay.
    Yeah, I wanted to, I just didn't check the forum until this morning after leaving work last night.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Compared to other members of the forum, I've come to the realization that my voice isn't sexy at all. :(
    I have to make very concerted effort to not sing or throw my voice into character form. I usually do this frequently. ^_^;;
    You might not have been able to tell (since I didn't talk much), but I would submit that my voice is much less so, so don't feel too bad.

On another note, I really would be interested in meeting this "Tyrone Washington" chap face-to-face sometime. :)
    Yea I have the same problem.

That and I was soo tired I barely said a thing, other then to talk over someone else ^_^
  • I have to make very concerted effort to not sing or throw my voice into character form. I usually do this frequently. ^_^;;
    Haha! I'm the same way. I feel as though I communicate better in person because I use body language extensively to both convey information as well as judge the other person's reactions.
  • I have a very sexy voice, but being a singer and an actress, I can have almost any type of voice I want except adult male. ^_~
  • edited July 2008
    On another note, I really would be interested in meeting this "Tyrone Washington" chap face-to-face sometime. :)
    He told me he wants to meet you too. Face-to-crotch. XD
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I have a very sexy voice, but being a singer and an actress, I can have almost any type of voice I want except adult male. ^_~
    Due to choir, I can get in the Tenor range, but no lower.
  • On another note, I really would be interested in meeting this "Tyrone Washington" chap face-to-face sometime. :)
    He told me he wants to meet you too. Face-to-crotch. XD
    How shocking! ^_^
  • I'd love to get in on this, if I had a bit of forewarning ;)
  • I will try next time if I have about 24 hours notice.
  • You know what I realized, though? Talking on the phone with a lot of people, you end up interrupting each other a lot. I think this is due to not being able to see faces and body language.
  • edited July 2008
    How about every Thursday at 8:30PM EST?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm down with that. I'll give other people a chance to talk, though. I was interrupting cow. Moo.
  • edited July 2008
    You know what I realized, though? Talking on the phone with a lot of people, you end up interrupting each other a lot. I think this is due to not being able to see faces and body language.
    That's true. I wonder if people with video could use it during a conference call?
    I'm down with that. I'll give other people a chance to talk, though. I was interrupting cow. Moo.
    Nah, we were a bunch of interrupting cows. Except Nineless, who didn't talk much.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm down with that. I'll give other people a chance to talk, though. I was interrupting cow. Moo.
    Nah, we were a bunch of interrupting cows. Except Nineless, who didn't talk much.
    Hey, I interupted, and tried a few times. I just suck at bumping in. Also, how loud was I compared to say... Scott Johnson? On my end he was very quiet (when he wasn't quiet) with wavering volume. I think that also happened to Emily one time. She was telling a story (told many, all awesome) and then got quieter, and quieter, and was all quiet mid story, and then came back. :\ Was weird. Perhaps both had Skype automatically adjusting their volume as Sonic OH NOES'd about at the start? The fix is simple, Preferences > Audio something > Remove the checkmark next to "Let Skype adjust my volume.".
  • Yeah, that stupid thing has given me trouble in the past. I reinstalled skype recently and I'd forgotten to fix it again.
    Hey, I interupted, and tried a few times. I just suck at bumping in. Also, how loud was I compared to say... Scott Johnson? On my end he was very quiet (when he wasn't quiet) with wavering volume. I think that also happened to Emily one time. She was telling a story (told many, all awesome) and then got quieter, and quieter, and was all quiet mid story, and then came back. :\ Was weird. Perhaps both had Skype automatically adjusting their volume as Sonic OH NOES'd about at the start? The fix is simple, Preferences > Audio something > Remove the checkmark next to "Let Skype adjust my volume.".
    This happened in part because the Infamous Scott Johnson! sits at varying distances from his microphone.
  • edited July 2008
    You know what I realized, though? Talking on the phone with a lot of people, you end up interrupting each other a lot. I think this is due to not being able to see faces and body language.
    Yeah, this is definitely my problem when talking to people on the phone or over Skype/Ventrilo. I always feel like such an ass when I interrupt people, but it's hard to avoid when you can't see someone's face.

That being said, I would love to get in on one of these chat things sometime. Just gonna have to check the forums more, I guess.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • It's actually because the mic falls off my face... the mic is my headset ;-p
  • It's actually because the mic falls off my face... the mic is my headset ;-p
    Duct tape that shit.
  • Well, his birthday is coming up. His girlfriend will probably buy him a new one if he asks nicely.