This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• It's actually because the mic falls off my face... the mic is my headset ;-p
    Duct tape that shit.
    I know Sonic has some packing tape. If you ask nicely, he might let you use some.
  • How about every Thursday at 8:30PM EST?
    I'm in. ^_^
  • wOOT! Wack'd out Thursdays!
    I hope that's not what we call it. But honestly, I think that it's the real Geeknights lounge. That original idea of having a bunch of people talking bullshit on the podcast never happened for Scrym. We came closest last night. I think we deserve the name.
  • Damn. I finally buy a headset and install Skype just to find that I missed the fun.
    Sadly I work weeknight evenings so I'll have to continue missing out. I'm sure the recording will be fun to listen to, anyway.
  • I have an idea. I'm going to see what I can work out after convention season.
    I hope that's not what we call it. But honestly, I think that it's the real Geeknights lounge. That original idea of having a bunch of people talking bullshit on the podcast never happened for Scrym. We came closest last night. I think we deserve the name.
    We would have to be a bit more on topic and controlled to be enjoyed by anyone other then people we know :-p
  • We would have to be a bit more on topic and controlled to be enjoyed by anyone other then people we know :-p
    Do we have to care about other people? If we get topical with a bunch of people, it'll be FNPL. If we keep it loose, it'll be our own thing.
  • Keep it loose. Lets not ruin it. Stay chill and wavy and random like gravy!
  • Yeah, it's not like "This is a SHOW," it's more like "I'm hanging out with my friends...from across the world!"
  • Thursday at 8:30 EST sounds good to me. ^_^
  • from across the world!"
    Very important part.
  • North America! Netherlands! Any Australians, South Americans or Albions in here who want to come?!
  • Yeah, 'cause Viga totally swoons over Albionic accents.
  • Yeah, 'cause Viga totally swoons over Albionic accents.
    Who doesn't?
  • hmm...true.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey, Sonic, you are the man of many voices. Can you do an albion accent?
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I can, but sometimes it comes off Australian.
  • Wouldn't the weekend be an better choice, as more people would be able to join in? Including me.
  • I'm down for really any day in the coming weeks. I was part of a Skypecast type thing with Jason a long time ago, where we played some game. I remember that it went well, but we also had to do the conference thing, as the skypecast was not working well. We only got about 5 people on it, including Scott dropping by, but it was pretty fun.
  • Lol, the Trivial Pursuit? I remember that.
  • edited July 2008
    How about every Thursday at 8:30PM EST?
    Aw rats, that means I'll never be able to come on. I'm only available on Sundays and Mondays for a while, and Fridays and Saturdays the rest of the year. D:
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited July 2008
    8:30PM EST is 10:30AM here in Brisbane, Australia.
    I'll be at uni at that time, but not actually in a lecture or anything.
    I don't have a laptop but there are still ways I could get in on this, with some effort.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'd love to listen in. This sounds like loads of fun. And since it's summer, anytime is good for me.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm almost done doing post production. I had to forgo using my audio recording because it wasn't synced with Viga's. On the upside, I finally figured out what dynamics processing is and I'm getting better at Cool Edit Pro. I also found a software that will record Skype so from here on out, If I'm on during the call, I can record the whole thing which ROCKS!

Edit: Maybe once I hand the recording to Rym, his patented "Make Rym and Scott sound Awesome" filter will make us sound awesome too.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I can't actually participate, but I'd love to listen in or help out in any way I can.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm almost done doing post production. I had to forgo using my audio recording because it wasn't synced with Viga's. On the upside, I finally figured out what dynamics processing is and I'm getting better at Cool Edit Pro. I also found a software that will record Skype so from here on out, If I'm on during the call, I can record the whole thing which ROCKS!

Edit: Maybe once I hand the recording to Rym, his patented "Make Rym and Scott sound Awesome" filter will make us sound awesome too.
    One thing I thought of after the podcast: When we were doing the recording, a few people never really were mentioned by name, and we might want to call and do a five-minute introduction segment to tack on to the beginning of the recording, allowing listeners to match names to voices. Just a thought.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Yeah, that's a good idea. When's good?
  • Hmm... I have always pronounced it "Uh-pree-chee"
  • edited July 2008
    North America! Netherlands! Any Australians, South Americans or Albions in here who want to come?!
    Hey, why not. What time is the next one?

(I might add I'm an Australian, not an all of the above)
    Post edited by Churba on