This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• The only problem I have with Lucario is that he is slow to recover from his power moves. I have to say my current favorite is Meta Knight.
  • Playing with Ness online sometimes sucks because lag messes up PK Thundas =(
  • Playing with Ness online sometimes sucks because lag messes up PK Thundas =(
    I can't use PK Thunder in regular brawls, so if you can actually use them my hat is off to you sir.

• I can't use PK Thunder in regular brawls, so if you can actually use them my hat is off to you sir.
    I also can not use PK Thunder. Lucas' PK Thunder is even worse.
  • edited March 2008

I can't use PK Thunder in regular brawls, so if you can actually use them my hat is off to you sir.
    I also can not use PK Thunder. Lucas' PK Thunder is even worse.
    It's a very good thing that Ness and Lucas have very good jumps because their recovery moves are pretty bad. Of course, you could say the same for Yoshi and Jigglypuff.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • It's a very good thing that Ness and Lucas have very good jumps because their recovery moves are pretty bad. Of course, you could say the same for Yoshi and Jigglypuff.
    But this is exactly why Kirby was so powerful in the original Smash Bros. He had great jumps and a great recovery move.
  • That and the fact that his attacks were completely overpowered.
  • Believe it or not, but my two "mains" are Sonic and Diddy Kong. They are both amazingly powerful in good hands.
  • edited March 2008
    But this is exactly why Kirby was so powerful in the original Smash Bros. He had great jumps and a great recovery move.
    Which is why I like Pit in Brawl; he's great for air attacks and ranged fire alike.
    Post edited by Infinity on
  • edited March 2008
    I have found one more gripe with the game. In Classic Mode, when you beat it with Pokemon Trainer you will only get the trophy of the Trainer himself and the Pokemon you use to beat Master Hand. The same can be said with Samus/Zero Suit Samus as I only got the standard Samus trophy. In Melee, if you beat Classic Mode with Zelda, you would also get the Shiek Trophy, so this sort of irked me. I now have to go back and beat Master Hand with Charizard, Ivysaur, and Zero Suit Samus if I want to get all of the trophies.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited March 2008
    That's not a gripe. That's more replay value.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • That's not a gripe. That's more replay value.
    One could also argue that it's more grinding value.
  • That's not a gripe. That's more replay value.
    One could also argue that it's more grinding value.
    It's his fault for caring about getting all the trophies.
  • Note that I said if I want to get all of the trophies. I doubt that I have the time or attention span to do that daunting task.
  • I can't use PK Thunder in regular brawls, so if you can actually use them my hat is off to you sir.
    My main and favorite character from the N64 game and up has always been Ness. Call it a misspent childhood.
    My main and favorite character from the N64 game and up has always been Ness. Call it a misspent childhood.
    I never really used Ness and I am hating myself for it. He has so much potential awesomeness if you learn how to use him correctly. I'm going to have to work on that along with getting better with Lucario.
  • I am really impressed on how balanced the characters are. Although there are some little things here and there, overall I am very pleased. I often find my self spending most of my time choosing my character, rather than playing as them. I love the random character button, perfect when times I am totally indecisive.

But if I had to choose top 5 they would be, in no particular order: Luigi, Bowzer, Lucario, Wolf, R.O.B., and sometimes Snake (Sorry couldn't choose only 6)
  • Sheik never gets any luv. :'(
  • Sheik never gets any luv. :'(
    Shiek is used by all of the "professional" players.
  • Shiek is used by all of the "professional" players.
    Yeah, I saw a video of a guy winning a big tournament using Sheik. From what I can tell, they use Shiek, not Zelda, because she can move, dodge, and defend very quickly.
  • Shiek is used by all of the "professional" players.
    Yeah, I saw a video of a guy winning a big tournament using Sheik. From what I can tell, they use Shiek, not Zelda, because she can move, dodge, and defend very quickly.
    She is totally bad ass and can be ridiculously over powered in good hands.
  • Zelda > Shiek in brawl.

Get learned fools.

Get learned fools.
    It's Zelda's Fire Flower. It's so cheap!
  • edited March 2008
    I believe it's called Din's Fire...and yes, it is very powerful. Though Shiek isn't completely useless, Zelda's power has grown exponentially.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I'm bored. Someone brawl with me!

3566 1211 5435

Get learned fools.
    Someone confirm this please, I haven't played Melee much, let alone recently. Controlling Din's fire like that was not possible in Melee right?

Get learned fools.
    Someone confirm this please, I haven't played Melee much, let alone recently. Controlling Din's fire like that was not possible in Melee right?
    Truth. Din's Fire wasn't as easy to control, nor did it have as large a hitbox as it does now. Also, the new Din's Fire has SO MUCH MORE KNOCKBACK, it's not even funny.
  • I have to make an update to my list. I hated Sonic when I first got him yesterday, but now I realize his potential. He's great in the air, and he can really follow up on his opponents to juggle them across the screen. Toon Link is also amazing.
  • I have to make an update to my list. I hated Sonic when I first got him yesterday, but now I realize his potential.
    I'm glad you've seen the light. Light-SPEED, that is.

/lamejoke
  • Truth. Din's Fire wasn't as easy to control, nor did it have as large a hitbox as it does now. Also, the new Din's Fire has SO MUCH MORE KNOCKBACK, it's not even funny.
    Brawl Zelda is comparable to Original Kirby then?