This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• Link > All but my unnatural love for Metal Gear will force me to use Snake, and only Snake.
  • My best characters are Link, Samus, and Ice Climbers.
    I think Marth and Roy are going to go the way of Kirby from the first game, they will return in a much more balanced state.
  • My best characters are Link, Samus, and Ice Climbers.
    I think Marth and Roy are going to go the way of Kirby from the first game, they will return in a much more balanced state.
    Ike?

In the end, no matter what anyone says, I must master Snake.
  • The Franklin Badge is pretty awesome. I'm glad to see Earthbound getting some recognition.
  • Nintendo really needs to release more of the Mother games in America.
  • I'm a fan of the Kirby! Floaty Pink Puffy Power!
  • edited August 2007
    Kirby is mine! Love for the pink dude! ^_~
    Post edited by Our_Time_Is_Now on
  • I play with sheik and Dr. Mario, those are my favorite characters.
  • I never played Brawl, but I always was Mario in the original game.
  • AbZAbZ
    edited August 2007
    My favorite is fox, I love using his reflector.
    Post edited by AbZ on
  • edited August 2007
    I never played Brawl, but I always was Mario in the original game.
    I'm gonna awesome You mean Melee, not Brawl. I could never use Mario very well. His attacks are pretty weak.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I never played Brawl, but I always was Mario in the original game.
    I'm gonna awesome you mean Melee, not Brawl.
    I believe you meant assume, not awesome.
  • edited August 2007
    I use Cap. Falcon all the time. And not the normal palette, the dark Falcon one. I think he has an actual name, but I don't know what it is.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited August 2007
    I believe you meant assume, not awesome.
    Oh crap, I wrote that in the middle of the night :P Anyway, The Halberd stage looks pretty awesome (I just watched the trailer again). I fear it'll be just a clone of the Corneria stage, though.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • I fear it'll be just a clone of the Corneria stage, though.
    What's wrong with Corneria?
  • I fear it'll be just a clone of the Corneria stage, though.
    What's wrong with Corneria?
    Nothing, I actually really enjoy the Corneria stage. My problem with the Halberd stage is that it looks very similar to Coreneria, and the Halberd will probably be just like the ships in Corneria, shooting at players and such. My one problem with Super Smash Bros. in general is that they have so many clones of the same characters and stages.
  • The biggest issue on my mind right now is whether Mr. Game & Watch's image and/or movement will be rounded out or not.
  • The biggest issue on my mind right now is whether Mr. Game & Watch's image and/or movement will be rounded out or not.
    What do you mean?
    What do you mean?
    I think/hope he is kidding. The flatness and choppiness of movement of Mr. Game and Watch is very intentional. Personally, I hope they just remove him from the game entirely.
  • I like playing as Mr. Game & Watch. He's like Dan from Street Fighter, people who are good at the game use him as a joke. Besides, killing people with flying killer bacon is fun.
  • I like playing as Mr. Game & Watch. He's like Dan from Street Fighter, people who are good at the game use him as a joke. Besides, killing people with flying killer bacon is fun.
    When I pay as Game + Watch it is not uncommon for me to just stand there throwing bacon constantly. Get close and I'll heat you with my deep sea diving helmet!
  • I've really liked everything I've seen so far except one: Fox. In the last game, Fox was downright cool-looking. Now look at him. He looks like that thing in Dragonball Z that always followed Yamcha around.

I think Zero-suit Samus is going to be this game's Shiek, assuming there is no Shiek in this game. If so, ZSSamus will be a Shiek-clone, I think.
  • Now look at him. He looks like that thing in Dragonball Z that always followed Yamcha around.
    Puuar. And he was in the much better Dragonball, so don't look at me weird for knowing that.
  • edited August 2007
    Although he does look significantly less bad ass than he has in the past, I see very few similarities between Fox and Pu'ar.

Edit: I don't want to double post, but I'd just like to say that Red is gonna rock. ^_^ I just hope the whole "stamina" thing isn't as lame as the Stamina Special Melee.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited August 2007
    Holy Craps, Pokemon Trainer (Generic Dude) is the next Brawl guy. "Pokemon Trainer"
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Yep, its true http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Anyone get the feeling they are trying to put too many playable characters into this game now ?
  • I hope that with more playable characters people will use more than Marth and Roy.
  • clxclx
    edited August 2007
    I'm all for more characters, but when they start putting players like "Pokemon Trainer" in the game, I think they have gone too far.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Pokemon Trainer seems cool because he has a very different playing style since you are changing between 3 different Pokemon who share the same life bar. So there is potentially some cool strategies you can try with him.
  • I think that Pokemon Trainer is a cool idea. He will probably be hard to use for most people, but if you figure out how to use him well, he will most likely be amazing.