This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• I really love how Petey's now one of the bosses. The creators made him look so cool and creepy.
  • edited August 2007
    I really love how Petey's now one of the bosses. The creators made him look so cool and creepy.
    I like that another boss from Mario other than Bowser is getting some love. Petey is a great character and I wouldn't mind playing as him. There aren't enough non-humanoid playable characters.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I really love how Petey's now one of the bosses. The creators made him look so cool and creepy.
    I'd prefer if he was playable. Perhaps, once you defeat him, he will become playable, but there's a very slim chance of that, seeing as he's huge. Also, Diddy Kong is a fantastic addition, and Yoshi's Final Smash is ridiculous.
  • Reminds me of how some people thought that if you beat Master Hand quickly enough, you'd unlock him . . .
  • And that's when the Action Replay comes in!
    Man, I want one so bad...
  • Why do you say Yoshi's Final Smash is ridiculous? They're some of his powers from Super Mario World. I would say it's about damn time he got the shell powers back.
  • Why do you say Yoshi's Final Smash is ridiculous? They're some of his powers from Super Mario World. I would say it's about damn time he got the shell powers back.
    I've never seen a Yoshi spit fire and sprout wings at the same time in Super Mario World.
    I've never seen a Yoshi spit fire and sprout wings at the same time in Super Mario World.
    Flashing shell.
  • Call me crazy, but, after watching this mornings update, I have the feeling that every character will have their own unique Subspace story mode.
  • Call me crazy, but, after watching this mornings update, I have the feeling that every character will have their own unique Subspace story mode.
    Uhh, that's the point.
  • And it will be so sweet.
  • Dixie's not as popular as Diddy? I always just assumed that everyone loved her. I know I do. SHE CAN GLIDE, PEOPLE.

Pokemon Trainer's substory should be interesting... xD

Li, I think the whole POINT of the fast characters is that they be hard to control. If they were easy to control you'd have to make them so incredibly weak to try and balance out their badassness. Honestly, I like them the way they are. Accidently making Fox dash off the edge of the platform and then having no idea were the hell your character went for a good five second is half the fun!
  • edited September 2007
    Dixie is the best Kong. all Diddy has going for him is Diddy Kong Racing, and he sucked in that game.
    Post edited by rhinocero on
  • I think Mario's upgrade is a good one. Anyone disagree? Also, Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2 are some of the coolest stages.
  • I think the Flying stage is going to be an interesting challenge. Everything else is either obvious, or a rehash.
    Flying stage + bunny hood will be hilarious.
  • Hey.... what happened to Snake...?
  • edited September 2007
    That video's purpose is simple.

That's the cut scene that plays when you unlock him.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2007
    I think Mario's upgrade is a good one. Anyone disagree? Also, Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2 are some of the coolest stages.
    It's cool and expected. I can't wait to play the ice part of the pokemon stadium.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Hey.... what happened to Snake...?
    I think Nintendo is focusing more on putting out new information than rehashing the news we have already heard. They'll probably put Snake on the site when Nintendo has some new information on him.
  • edited September 2007
    Hey.... what happened to Snake...?
    I think Nintendo is focusing more on putting out new information than rehashing the news we have already heard. They'll probably put Snake on the site when Nintendo has some new information on him.
    OK, I was starting to worry. I really wanna play as Snake.

Also, did you guys check out My Music, Pokemon Stadium/Evolution, or the Theme?
    Personally, I love the Pokemon Gym Theme, and this is a great version of it.
    Also, in the game's Theme, is it just me or is there some Pokemon theme near the end?

Sorry if the links got annoying, I'm just amazed that I remembered about the links you can put...
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • I agree with you completely. The Pokemon Gym Theme sounds awesome.
  • I was thinking while reading Coin Heaven (a Mario-related blog), what kind of palette swaps/full on costume changes would you like to see in Brawl?

I would love to see Wario in the Purple/Yellow combo, Different Generations of Pokemon Trainer outfits, Fox with sunglasses and other changes to his outfit (to look more like James), and the dark-colored outfit Samus had in the original Smash Bros.
  • I would love to see Link in his Zora Armor from Twilight Princess.
  • I dunno, that Zora Armor looked kinda fishy (no pun intended). The Fierce Deity variation from Majora, perhaps?
  • I wanted to make a costume of the Zora Armor for Otakon last year, but I didn't. I really like that costume...
  • No... I was hoping Lyn would be a playable character... that ruined my day...
  • No... I was hoping Lyn would be a playable character... that ruined my day...
    Same here. I looked at the RSS, and started getting all excited, then I saw "assist" in the URL. :(
  • That's what happened to me. I would rather have Eliwood, Lyn, or Hector as a playable character over Ike.
  • Seriously. Why pick the one Fire Emblem hero no one gives a shit about? Even the Sacred Stone ones would have been better.
  • But I like Ike.