This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• Pokemon Trainer seems cool because he has a very different playing style since you are changing between 3 different Pokemon who share the same life bar. So there is potentially some cool strategies you can try with him.
    Yeah, but the 3 pokemon are metapod, metapod, weedle.

I have fun with Falcon, but for serious playing, I'm fond of Starfox. Could you guess?
  • I think that Pokemon Trainer is a cool idea. He will probably be hard to use for most people, but if you figure out how to use him well, he will most likely be amazing.
    It seems just like Zelda, except with one more transformation, and that really excites me. I'm just feeling a little uneasy about the whole "stamina" thing. I hope that you can keep a single pokemon out for at least 2-3 minutes, because switching pokemon every minute or so would be a pain in the ass.
  • Yeah, but the 3 pokemon are metapod, metapod, weedle.
    Actually they are Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard.
  • The pokemon trainer is actually a really neat idea, I see myself playing with it.
  • I still think (if it's in there) I will still be playing as MewTwo forever.

Although Pokemon Trainer looks like quite the awesome character.
  • Yeah, I actually think the Pokemon Trainer is going to be really interesting, too. The way he stands on the sidelines watching the battle is vaguely creepy though. I'unno. D: I'll still play as him at least once! I hope they give him a real name. "Pokemon Trainer" sounds so lame.

The stamina thing sounds more like it's there to prevent people from switching pokemon every two seconds. I don't think we'll have to worry about being forced to switch every minute.

I'm so excited for this game. Yes to the Franklin Badge! Yes to Pit and Pokemon Trainer! Fox does look kind of weird but he moves so fast it's not going to matter much anyway. He'll just be a little firey blur at least 50% of the time. ;D
  • I think it's an odd choice, but a really fuckin' sweet choice.
  • "Pokemon Trainer"?

They could have at least called 'im Red . . .

Or better yet, given us Lance instead. XD
  • Sonic is appearing in this bestbuy ad: (of course best buy could be wrong)
  • Is it just me, or does that look photoshop'd?

lol... Spiderman 3...

lol... Spiderman 3...
    It's an advertisement. While the photo of the advertisement isn't photoshoppped, the advertisement most certainly is. I mean, what printed advertisement isn't made with photoshop?

lol... Spiderman 3...
    It's an advertisement. While the photo of the advertisement isn't photoshoppped, the advertisement most certainly is. I mean, what printed advertisement isn't made with photoshop?
    I know that, it just looked unusually fake.
    Maybe I just don't look through my Game Crazy paper enough.
  • That picture has the unnecessarily-blurry-picture syndrome . . . skeptical points +2.
  • Sonic is appearing in this bestbuy ad: (of course best buy is usually wrong)
    The error has been fixed.
  • edited August 2007
    Sonic is appearing in this bestbuy ad: (of course best buyis usuallywrong)
    The error has been fixed.

Hey, I'm just calling them as I see them.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • Stickers? Really, stickers? WTF? Aren't the trophy's enough?
  • edited August 2007
    Stickers? Really, stickers? WTF? Aren't the trophy's enough?
    Who wants screenshots of stickers...? 0_o
    Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • DIDDY KONG IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!
  • OMG, R.O.B.z!
  • DIDDY KONG IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!
    It's about time. I wonder if they'll add Dixie kong as well. They do have a lack of girls.
  • I don't think they would, Dixie isn't as popular as Diddy is. On another note, today I had found out that Roy had not appeared in any Fire Emblem game until AFTER the release of Super Smash Brothers Melee. He was put in only to advertise the first game he was in, which was released in 2002
  • Ugh... I do NOT like the new Animal Crossing music. It just doesn't do anything for me.
  • Ugh... I do NOT like the new Animal Crossing music. It just doesn't do anything for me.
    I can understand Nintendo wanting to put Animal Crossing into SSBB because of the series' popularity, but it just doesn't fit.
  • edited August 2007
    Ugh... I do NOT like the new Animal Crossing music. It just doesn't do anything for me.
    I can understand Nintendo wanting to put Animal Crossing into SSBB because of the series' popularity, but it just doesn't fit.
    True dat.

Also, adding onto my comment without editing, just because I have never play Animal Crossing doesn't have anything to do with why I don't like the music. I haven't play that game Pit was in, and I love that music. It is quite possibly my favorite. Next to the Star Fox music. (dude, that should be something to play on my Flute!)
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • On another note, Yoshi's Final Smash is bad ass! For anyone who may be wondering where the wings and fire balls came from, play Super Mario World.
  • On another note, Yoshi's Final Smash is bad ass! For anyone who may be wondering where the wings and fire balls came from, play Super Mario World.
    Agreed! I'm Yoshi fan number 45601! He's my primary character used in Super Smash so I'm best with him.

Plus I learned something new about Roy today! I can't wait to tell my Fire Emblem worshipping fangirl friends who probably didn't know that.
    Go wings. Though, I wish they had made them a bit more cartoon-esque. It looks like the artists just took Pit's wings and glued them to Yoshi's back. XD
  • Go wings. Though, I wish they had made them abitmore cartoon-esque. It looks like the artists just took Pit's wings and glued them to Yoshi's back. XD
    I think they were trying to go for the more realistic and detailed look that Nintendo has been doing for the game.
  • I still can't get over the Diddy Kong thing...that will be cool...

Also, what do you think about that boss? They could've picked a better name for it. They should have called it M.D. Blumen.
  • I hope Diddy is good. In fighting games, I like playing as fast characters but in the SSB series really the only fast characters are Fox and Falco are unusable. Their moves are so uncontrollable/worthless (especially their dash moves) and they move far too fast. I hope that Diddy will remedy the lack of good fast characters.