This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Comments

• But I like Ike.
    I agree. Eisenhower in 2008!
  • edited September 2007
    I don't know who Ike is, as in I haven't ever heard of him before Brawl, but he looks like a pretty fun character.

The new Halberd (?) stage looks pretty awesome. A great defense training stage.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • edited September 2007

This is what I was referencing. ;)
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Oh boy!! The new Special Brawl feature looks awesome!

So now you can be fire, big, and metal. All at the same time.
  • The new customization menu looks amazing. With all the new items, you can practically create a character all your own. This is going to be fantastic.
  • The new customization menu looks amazing. With all the new items, you can practically create a character all your own. This is going to be fantastic.
    Except it's not really a character, it's creating a set of conditions for your fight.
  • Either way...AWESOME!
  • edited September 2007
    Yay, the Ice Climbers are returning! I had heard rumors they were cut from Brawl! Yay!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Any character not Megaman or Sonic is a disapointment.
  • I find the Ice Climbers to be stupid characters...
  • I find the Ice Climbers to be stupid characters...
    Indeed.
    Any character not Megaman or Sonic is a disapointment.
    Then you're not going to be happy with this game, cuz it's not gonna happen.
  • Any character not Megaman or Sonic is a disapointment.
    Then you're not going to be happy with this game, cuz it's not gonna happen.
    No Sonic...?
  • I don't see why people want Sonic so much. He's a really lame looking character, and every 3D game in the Sonic series has been crap.
  • I don't see why people want Sonic so much. He's a really lame looking character, and every 3D game in the Sonic series has been crap.
    I don't care much for the 3D games, but I like the simplicity of his design.
    But his attacks are pretty much just run fast and roll. He'd be a useless character.
    But his attacks are pretty much just run fast and roll. He'd be a useless character.
    But it'd be a "selling point." And he could transform into Super Sonic and do things there.
    Have you ever played Sonic Adventure 2?
  • edited September 2007
    I don't see why people want Sonic so much. He's a really lame looking character, and every 3D game in the Sonic series has been crap.
    I have, and it wasn't that great... The Sonic and Shadow missions were fun, but I didn't like having to go find stuff with Rouge and Knuckles. The Tails/Robotnik parts were kind of "meh..." at best. That goofy Chaos crap was annoying too. I don't need virtual pets in my Sonic games...

He wouldn't be a great Smash Brothers character anyways. I anyone played as him, you be just trying to roll into people the entire match. Not a very cool move.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I don't see why people want Sonic so much.
    In 16bit times everyone had the argument who would win in a fight between Sonic and Mario. I want Brawl to be where that tale is told.

If I were making Brawl than Sonic would be a melee fighter with his special moves being the different shield effects from Sonic 3.
  • edited September 2007
    I don't see why people want Sonic so much. He's a really lame looking character, and every 3D game in the Sonic series has been crap.
    i have, and it wasn't that great... The Sonic and Shadow missions were fun, but I didn't like having to go find stuff with Rouge and Knuckles. The Tails/Robotnik parts were kind of "meh..." at best. That goofy Chaos crap was annoying too. I don't need virtual pets in my Sonic games...

He wouldn't be a great Smash Brothers character anyways. I anyone played as him, you be just trying to roll into people the entire match. Not a very cool move.
    How do you know? They could do some really awesome stuff with Sonic.
    Post edited by Andrew on
    i have, and it wasn't that great... The Sonic and Shadow missions were fun, but I didn't like having to go find stuff with Rouge and Knuckles. The Tails/Robotnik parts were kind of "meh..." at best. That goofy Chaos crap was annoying too. I don't need virtual pets in my Sonic games...
    That game defined my childhood gaming, fuck you =)

Anyway, the strongest Sonic games are the 2D platformers. Sonic Rush for the DS is the best example as of late. The original Sonic Advance for the GBA is arguably the best Sonic there is.
  • That game defined my childhood gaming, fuck you =)

Anyway, the strongest Sonic games are the 2D platformers. Sonic Rush for the DS is the best example as of late. The original Sonic Advance for the GBA is arguably the best Sonic there is.
    Never played the DS game, but I borrowed Sonic Advance for the GBA from someone for a little bit, and it was way better than Adventure 2. Sonic is defiantly better in 2D.
    How do you know? They could do some really awesome stuff with Sonic.
    I guess they could do some stuff... I can only picture what his down B attack would be though... What could they do?
  • One word: Jigglypuff?!?!
  • edited September 2007
    I don't wanna see more Jigglypuff....
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Jigglypuff is badass.
  • I guess so, but I've never seen Jigglypuff used in a good way, except for maybe once when my cousins set up a Melee Tournament.
  • Jiggypuff is the stuff.
  • My friend is really freaking good with teh Jiggly. I don't know how he does it.
  • I'm really good with the Ice Climbers
  • edited September 2007
    That game defined my childhood gaming, fuck you =)

I really hated the camera in Sonic Adventure Battle 2, and the Chaos were useless. It was just a crappy game, altogether. However, you're right, Sonic Advance is fantastic. Sonic Advance 2, not so much.
    Post edited by whatever on