This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlefield

Comments

• If you enjoy watching videos of BF3, you will enjoy playing it. As Adam said, it's up to you whether or not you want to wait for a price drop or Origin sale.
  • What Mike said. It's a pretty fun game; and, from what I know about you, I think you'll enjoy it.
  • I'll add my recommendation. It's really fun, seems up your alley. If we're ever online at the same time, I'll squad up with you, we'll shoot some dudes.
  • edited January 2012
    Just played a few rounds with Joe Boomer, and managed to get not one, not two, but 46 Surveillance ribbons. MAV for the win. No kills, almost no deaths, just putting orange triangles over dudes for other people to kill 'em. Not to mention just chewing up and spitting out the other team's MAV's and SOFLAMS so bad they mostly gave up deploying them.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Anyone else have the Xbox version?
  • edited January 2012

Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Managed to get that Surveillance medal while playing with Yoshokatana before, I feel a bit proud of that one.

He also made the unfortunate assumption that I know what to do, since I've been playing longer, but I feel that was rapidly corrected - since I spent a lot of time running around blindly, or spraying bullets semi-randomly.
  • It's ok, we APC'd that sniper pretty good.

Also, sorry my 10 year old mic is on the fritz. I really should think about getting a good one.
  • edited January 2012
    It's cool - Joe and I usually skype it up, ditto with Trogdor. Don't know how everyone else does it, except for reddit, who generally use Mumble.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Sturmgrenadier uses TeamSpeak2.
  • Teamspeak 3 is far superior.
  • I have it on Xbox but I've been doing my gaming on PS3 and PC lately.
  • I have it on Xbox but I've been doing my gaming on PS3 and PC lately.
    I derp'd. we use TS3 now. It was TS2 back in the day.
  • Someone IM when this game is on sale again.
    Will do - there was a sale that applied for Australia that bought it down to 40 bucks, but I don't know if I can buy games for other people on origin - and it finished yesterday, either way. I should have mentioned it, we'd have found a way.

Also, the more I play BFBC2, the more I start thinking that BF3 made a good job of learning from it's mistakes.

• No worries, I'm kinda tapped out for the month as is. MAGfest + tires = broke George.
    Will do - there was a sale that applied for Australia that bought it down to 40 bucks, but I don't know if I can buy games for other people on origin - and it finished yesterday, either way. I should have mentioned it, we'd have found a way.

Also, the more I play BFBC2, the more I start thinking that BF3 made a good job of learning from it's mistakes.

There's no gifting on origin. Maybe some time in the future it'll be added.
  • Also, the more I play BFBC2, the more I start thinking that BF3 made a good job of learning from it's mistakes.
    Does the game auto-kill base rapists now?

• Also, the more I play BFBC2, the more I start thinking that BF3 made a good job of learning from it's mistakes.
    Does the game auto-kill base rapists now?
    Not usually, but it is a server setting. And on most games, it's hard to base rape, because the bases are either protected by no-go zones for the opposing team, are protected by the terrain, or both.

The worst base-rape occurs on the vehicle maps that have aircraft, but it never lasts long - there is always AA there, there is always engineers willing to drop a chopper or jet, and often, the air-field for your team is away from your base where the infantry spawns, and you usually only get there by spawning inside of an aircraft.
  • edited January 2012
    I like to wire up choppers with C4 and then wait for them to get into midair, filled with an entire squad. *Clack clack* *Boom* 600 points.

Fair play? No. But oh man, it's fun.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I like to wire up choppers with C4 and then wait for them to get into midair, filled with an entire squad. *Clack clack* *Boom* 600 points.

Fair play? No. But oh man, it's fun.
    I'll do that from time to time, too. I was a tank-killing Machine the other day - just as a support, with C4 and my beloved 870.

• I finally got an acceptable microphone (and learned how to change the settings for Origin voicechat)!
  • Me too! Wait, Origin has voicechat? Doh!
  • Not Origin, battlelog - If you party up with your mates, you can use voice chat via battlelog. It's just between you lot, and there are two options - Vox activation and Push to talk. It's really, really useful, if you want to squad up with your friends - Joe and I have had some great success bro-ing up with a skype call in the background.
  • Joe and I have had some great success bro-ing up with a skype call in the background.
    Like that one time we prolonged a losing battle way longer than it should have by capturing points, allowing our team to continually spawn while the enemy kept crushing us. Or that other time I was your spotter and somehow got more than 10x your score. Mustn't forget all those times you bum rushed a tank with C4 while I pretended my death was a way to distract it.

• Joe and I have had some great success bro-ing up with a skype call in the background.
    Like that one time we prolonged a losing battle way longer than it should have by capturing points, allowing our team to continually spawn while the enemy kept crushing us. Or that other time I was your spotter and somehow got more than 10x your score. Mustn't forget all those times you bum rushed a tank with C4 while I pretended my death was a way to distract it.
    Ah, that prolonged battle was a good one. Cap the point, immediately fuck off to the next one while the rest of the enemy team goes to take back the one we just took.

As for distracting the tank, well, intentional or not, it was an effective distraction that lead to us getting to play another round of "Tease the tank driver, then explode him."

• Is that a jet ski? Why is there a jet ski?