This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlefield

Comments

• edited March 2012
    At first I thought my items got deleted in a glitch since all of my guns lost their upgrades but I reset the game and it was back to normal. Out of curiosity I checked to look at the in-game store and noticed that there was a free gun pack which was nice. Did everybody get that, or is it because I got the limited edition?

And for the few of you that do have it for Xbox, my gamertag is Ninjarabbi1.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Sorry dude! It's back on the regular map rotation now, though.

So far, it's George, Yosho and I bro-ing up, and we're doing well.
    No worries! it's my fault for not getting the expansion. Looks like I missed the regular map too. I thought I recognized the normal map name but when I clicked it came up with the requires B2K and I forgot you can continue when it does that.
  • At first I thought my items got deleted in a glitch since all of my guns lost their upgrades but I reset the game and it was back to normal. Out of curiosity I checked to look at the in-game store and noticed that there was a free gun pack which was nice. Did everybody get that, or is it because I got the limited edition?

And for the few of you that do have it for Xbox, my gamertag is Ninjarabbi1.
    It used to be because you got the limited edition, but I think it's free to everyone now.

• Anyone up for late night BF3?
  • Anyone up for late night BF3?
    Gonna have a few rounds of Payday with Grey first, then I'm up for it.

• Anyone up for some BF3? I got nothing going on tonight.
  • I'm organizing some BF3 tonight. 0200 UTC Google hangout. Poke me on G+ if you want an invite.
  • I'm in. Let's rock.
  • Hmm... I may potentially get in on this. Churba you should chat me on Steam when this occurs and I'll let you know.
  • Hmm... I may potentially get in on this. Churba you should chat me on Steam when this occurs and I'll let you know.
    No worries, will do.

• Wanted to get in, bought all DLC for $24, took hours to DL, tried to log in this morning, log in issues. :/
  • Wanted to get in, bought all DLC for $24, took hours to DL, tried to log in this morning, log in issues. :/
    We saw you appear online, and we were wondering what happened there. Don't worry, it's all good - it was mad fun, so we'll probably do so again in the near future.
  • I'm for sure in if I'm free next time you guys do it.
  • The grubby xbox user has BF3 if other pesants want to gather round and ape our betters.
  • I find it WAY easier to pilot flying vehicles on the Xbox. I can't do it for shit with the PC. But the game was basically made for PC.
  • I find it WAY easier to pilot flying vehicles on the Xbox. I can't do it for shit with the PC. But the game was basically made for PC.
    Do what I do, and hook your 360 controller to your PC for flying. It works just fine.
  • The grubby xbox user has BF3 if other pesants want to gather round and ape our betters.
    I have it for the Xbox as well. Anyone else?

• BF3 is $5 on Origin right now. I'm gonna buy it and so should you!
  • edited June 2013
    BF3 is $5 on Origin right now. I'm gonna buy it and so should you!
    How much for the premium bundle with all the expansions? It shows a different price for me.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • $20, I think. I'm buying the base game and I'm going to see how much I like it before I drop more on the Premium add-on ($15 right now).
  • Fair enough, man. For 15 bucks, premium is a pretty sweet deal, but definitely a poor fucking investment if you don't like the game that much in the first place.

I'm Churba_Inc, bee tea dubs.
  • HeadlessClown88. Let's jam, dudes.
  • I'm not even sure what is available in the base game. I played the "beta" a ton, then a bit on the Xbox then I bought the premium version when I saw it go on sale a while ago.
  • By "see how much I like it," I mean, "play a couple conquests." I'll probably buy Premium tonight. :3
  • Jordan_Olsen23 for me for the record.
  • So I bought premium waiting for it to finish downloading.

Kitsunepunk, I'm up for anything.
  • I'm not even sure what is available in the base game.
    Okay, I should lay that out. First of all - Base game vehicles are found on practically all maps, expansion vehicles are only on expansion maps. Expansion weapons and gadgets can be used on any map. Game modes apply only to the maps in the same expansion, but base game modes are available across most if not all.

Base game is Nine maps, roughly 50 guns(and their various attachments), and the "standard" vehicles (two tanks, two AAs, two LAV's, two Humvees, Two buggies, Four jets, Four Helos, and one boat that all the interns have to share.) Also, the following gamemodes - Conquest, Rush, Team DM, Squad DM, Squad Rush, Co-Op, single player.

Premium comes with a few little things, but mainly, all the expansion packs, which contain the following:

Back To Karkand- Four maps, Three vehicles, ten weapons, Conquest Assault game mode.

Close Quarters - Four small, infantry-focused maps, ten weapons, a new gadget, And two game modes, GunMaster and Conquest Domination.

Armored Kill - Four MASSIVE vehicle focused maps(including the biggest map in any Battlefield game to date), Five player piloted vehicles(tank destroyers, mobile artillery, Quad bikes), the AC-130 gunship which is AI piloted, but the guns and parachute drops are under player control, and the game mode "Tank Superiority" - basically, a bunch of tanks beat the shit out of each other.

Aftermath - Four maps, Three vehicles, one new weapon(a crossbow), new game mode called Scavenger(start with a pistol, only get the weapons you find on the ground, which are random).

End Game - Four maps, three vehicles(including motorbikes), the AC-130 dropship(no guns, but you can drop frigging tanks from the thing), two game modes, Capture the flag and Air Superiority(no ground combat, just 100% aerial dogfighting to obtain control points, depicted as blimps.)
  • I just got BF3 PC finally thanks to this thread. I was basically too lazy to download Origin for the sole purpose of seeing if BF3 was worth paying for: but getting the base game and all the Premium content for $20? I spend more than that for paintballs for a day of play... and I'll probably play the shit out of some BF3 so why not.

The Xbox version is awesome on its own and I have put stupid hours into it at this point. The PC version must be pretty rockin' with the massive servers and what-not.
  • Well Im on xbox as Th3 Wild 7 if people want to play some rounds in the coming weeks. Rush is my jam at the moment especially in the urban environments where a competent group can hold up an army.
  • BF4 looks amaze balls, also digging commander mode.