This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlefield

1111213141517»

Comments

• A realistic female character that is not hyper-sexualized?

The neckbeards are gonna throw a fit.
  • edited August 2013
    A realistic female character that is not hyper-sexualized?

They're just copying NS2.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I hear Project Reality is finally at version 1.0. I might have to re-install Good Old BF2 soon.
  • edited August 2013
    Question - How is she holding that rifle? Either she's got the finger strength of Hercules, or that rifle was added as an afterthought. She's pinching it between her thumb and the side of her forefinger, 3/4s of the way down the rifle, while holding the majority of the mass at an upward angle behind her hand. Her handshakes must kill people.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • A realistic female character that is not hyper-sexualized?

They're just copying NS2.
    Really they're ripping off Mirrors Edge if anyth.. wait.
  • I'm still not going for BF4. BF3 still has plenty of play left in it for me.
  • edited August 2013
    I'll go for BF4 soon as it hits I think, but play both till there's no fight left in 3.

I been playing it a bunch lately; I need to I guess check if people are playing when I go on.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited August 2013
    Question - How is she holding that rifle? Either she's got the finger strength of Hercules, or that rifle was added as an afterthought. She's pinching it between her thumb and the side of her forefinger, 3/4s of the way down the rifle, while holding the majority of the mass at an upward angle behind her hand. Her handshakes must kill people.
    Looks like it's on a sling, and it's hanging behind her back. All she's doing with her hand is holding it in place.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Looks like it's on a sling, and it's hanging behind her back. All she's doing with her hand is holding it in place.
    I thought about that, but I couldn't see anywhere that it would reasonably be, at least, that's visible in the image. You can see the straps on her carrier rig, you can see the strap for the red bag behind her, but I just can't spot the rifle sling. I'm pretty sure the rifle was added in after.
  • If you look close the cropping would suggest it was edited in. It's too bad, moving it down wouldn't hurt the image composition any and look a lot less awkward.
  • There is no shadow for the rifle either.
  • Battlefield looooks fracckkkkinggg aweeeesoooome.

Anyone watch the EA live stream from gamescom?

I don't think it's ever worth comparing Call of Duty and Battlefield ever again. The game looks really good!
  • Mine is as well, however the game will have to be turned down.
  • Had to reinstall BF3 and it's 20GB + 20GB for the expansions. My 250GB SSD is already starting to look small.
  • I have a 660ti card, but only 2GB of GDDR5 RAM on it. I think 2 is pretty normal for the 660 range so it's almost misleading to say a it is recommended.

I'm gonna guess that my 660ti will be fine, but thinking that a second on sli wouldn't hurt.
  • Installed and tried Battlefield 3 for the first time. Had no idea what I was doing, map layouts were unknown to me and it was really hectic. But I managed to be on winning team three rounds in a row and got some kills so it felt good all in all.

Once I got lost and wandered behind enemy squad. Got bunch of free kills. That was nice.
  • All this battlefield talk has me hankering to play some battlefield.
  • So is Rush the most popular game mode or is it just my luck that I don't seem to get anything else than rush games tonight?
  • It's either luck, or you've got Rush set in your filters. Normally, you can get a good mix of all game modes going on.
  • yeah just adjust your filters. I NEVER play rush it seems. I usually only play TDM or Conquest.
  • I just used the quckplay button. Seemed to like to give me rush server after rush server.
  • I pretty much only play rush. Other game types are just a bit dull or are inhabited by CODesqu gameplay.
  • I would love rush if it wasn't linear. The whole point of battlefield for me is that it's a large battlefield and you can (usually)approach the front from many many angles and methods. Rush for the most part ends up being a serious meat grinder on many levels with almost no chance to flank or pull the enemy back by attacking from anywhere but head on.

That's what gets frustrating. If they opened up the whole damn level and let us roam it would be more my speed
  • So Rush is an ARAM?
  • From my limited experience the linearity of rush is it's best point. In rush I know that enemy is coming from somewhere there and I can point my weapon to that general direction. In every other gamemode I've played (team deathmatch and conquest) enemy is everywhere and it's hard to know where to except them from.
  • October 1st BF4 Beta!
  • So February is player appreciation month. Log into battlelog everyday for free battlepacks and weapon unlocks.