This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlefield

Comments

• I finally unlocked the M98B, the bullet drop (or lack there of) is kinda silly with this rifle. :P
  • I'm totally into TDM lately, because I can play without friends online and still dom the rankings.
  • edited June 2013
    BF4 looks amaze balls, also digging commander mode.
    You cannot comprehend how much I'm looking forward to having commander mode back. I loved that shit in BF2.
    I finally unlocked the M98B, the bullet drop (or lack there of) is kinda silly with this rifle. :P
    It's pretty redonk. Why do you think it's my weapon of choice for sniper-hunting in hardcore?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Is comm mode like NS2?
  • edited June 2013
    From what I remember, sort of. You don't build any structures at all. I think it's just dropping resources and calling air strikes. They may have changed this one though.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Also recon, last time you could both place drones that would reveal enemies in a area to your entire team, plus being able to do a satellite scan that would reveal all enemy positions to just yourself.
  • edited June 2013
    Is comm mode like NS2?
    I don't know about BF4, but in BF2, it wasn't really the same. You were a soldier, just like the commander in NS2, but you can go to your command screen anywhere. You get six abilities on your commander screen, which is a fullscreen map with a toolbar - Artillery strike, Vehicle drop(drops an armored jeep very roughly where you want it, via parachute), supply drop(same thing, but with a huge health/ammo crate instead of a jeep), UAV(enemy radar for your team in a small area for a time), satellite scan(show EVERYTHING on the battlefield, but only for about 5-10 seconds), and the ability to set commands/objectives/waypoints for the rest of the team. It also opens you up an extra voice channel (To squad leaders only), and you get upgraded spotting while on the commander screen.

Each of the resources(arty, Drops, UAVs and sat scans) were tied to a world-object, which could be destroyed, denying you that resource until it was repaired.

You can have up to nine squads, six players each. Commander can issue orders which can be accepted or denied by the squad leader, and of course, can be ignored even if accepted - but following those orders gave serious bonus points.

At the start of a round, anyone who wants to be commander applies, and the Player who had the highest level was offered command first, which they can accept or decline, and it goes down the chain from there in terms of rank. The team isn't stuck with a shitty commander, either - they can mutiny at any time, which kicks the commander from the role, starts another application for command, and also blocks the recently ousted commander from applying, at least for a few rounds.

What we do know about BF4 Commander mode -

- Resources are now at control points, rather than being world-objects at base.

- You can be the commander without being IN BF4, you can instead command from a tablet or mobile device, or possibly a desktop app.

- The commander CAN NOT be a regular player like he was in BF2, you can ONLY command, but you also don't take up a server slot.

- You have the following resources: Two types of UAV(scan and EMP), Tomahawk missiles instead of arty, A C-130 gunship, Vehicle drops, Supply drops, And two types of Sat scan, Infantry only and Vehicle only.

Here's a screenshot -
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2013
    The commander mode is real cool... but I wonder if you need a tablet or can you be in a game and then jump out into the commander slot right from the lobby/battlelog/whatever is used? And what system is there in case a player is playing on one hand and using the commander screen on another? I guess needing two different accounts?
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited June 2013
    The commander mode is real cool... but I wonder if you need a tablet or can you be in a game and then jump out into the commander slot right from the lobby/battlelog/whatever is used? And what system is there in case a player is playing on one hand and using the commander screen on another? I guess needing two different accounts?
    Not possible, because the same battlelog account can't join the one server twice, so you will in fact need two different accounts. Then again, with BF3 at a fiver at the moment, if you really wanted to do that...

Man, I'm amazed I remember that much about commander mode, too. It's been a dog's age since I played BF2. Did have to look up the BF4 details, though.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I mean it was such a new thing at the time that it would make sense, besides NS I can't really think of any other games that had such a mechanic like commander mode. Would make sense that it would stick in your mind.
  • Churba and I jammed on BF3 for a while tonight. It's more refined than BFBC2, and I'm definitely going to buy Premium and keep playing.
  • What are y'all's contact info-shit? I'd be down for games if y'all are playing.
  • xMATATATx

I usually use that for all my games because MATATAT is usually taken unfortunately.
  • edited June 2013
    What are y'all's contact info-shit? I'd be down for games if y'all are playing.
    A few people have dropped their details throughout the thread, but to collect them all in one place -

Br0nzdragon

Andrew = WaterIsPoisonST

USRNAME - Kitsunepunk

SquadronROE

Yoshokatana

Jakd - Reanimatronic

Pegu - sajattack

Me - churba_inc

And the FRC platoon is here.

And finally, newer players, remember -

Churba and I jammed on BF3 for a while tonight. It's more refined than BFBC2, and I'm definitely going to buy Premium and keep playing.
    We got our metro going on. Fucking arse spraying mayhem.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2013
    Ok seems like we gon' jam out.

I couldn't figure out how to make them the same, so:

My XBL gamer tag is HipboyScott
    My Origin tag is CprlScrotes

I'll join the platoon tonight
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • I'd be up for a game of BF3. I haven't played it in a while, and it's actually pretty fun.
  • I'm George_Patches I believe.
    I don't believe, it's all just filthy lies.

Yes. George is FULL of LIES!.
    Yes. George is FULL of LIES!.
    He doesn't actually have a gun, it's just hallucinatory metaphor of his broken promises, and you die of a broken heart.
  • Finally cleared space on my harddrive and re-installed BF3 (and all of the expansions/DLC whatevers that were free). Damn this game is big. (34.2 GB!)
  • Hey all, anyone want to join and play some BF3 this evening? Churba and I are going to start in a bit, so just join up on us via Origin.
  • I'm down for it, just sent a friend request.
  • Did I miss it?
  • Not at all! Jump online, and either me or nelson will bring you in.
  • edited June 2013
    Oh. Origin was saying you are not in game. I'm just updating. Jeez. 6.5GB patch.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • We're still playing. Join on yoshokatana and tell me to add you to the voice chat (just using origin's voice chat, since google decided to screw churba).
  • edited June 2013
    We're still playing. Join on yoshokatana and tell me to add you to the voice chat (just using origin's voice chat, since google decided to screw churba).
    My update's done but I gotta patch it and the patch isn't downloading.

Edit: Done. Never heard of this expansion you're playing though. Guess I'm a little behind the times.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Yeah! Badass female soldiers in BF4