This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Holy shit. I'm actually not sure if this should go in the Fail of Your Day thread instead.
  • "The guard only needs a second, but get hurt is an influence lifetime" and yet that should go on Engrish.
  • [video]
    WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS? THAT IS A BAD IDEA.
  • [video]
    WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS? THAT IS A BAD IDEA.
    Claps of condition.
  • edited February 2010

I don't think they realized he was doing a Glenn Beck Impression.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • IMG
    I do this all the goddamn time when I'm hosting a party. It works oddly well, and no cleanup.
    I'm a fan of the tub cooler. Works for hotel parties.
  • The eminent linguistic philosopher J. L. Austin of Oxford once gave a lecture in which he asserted that there are many languages in which a double negative makes a positive, but none in which a double positive makes a negative — to which the Columbia philosopher Sidney Morgenbesser, sitting in the audience, sarcastically replied, “Yeah, yeah.”

• This is the best commercial I've seen today.
    Dammit I was gonna post that...

• A dramatization of one of the Johnny Turbo comics. I love Johnny Turbo.
  • Wait, Nineless is a FEKA goon?
  • IMG
    I do this all the goddamn time when I'm hosting a party. It works oddly well, and no cleanup.
    I'm a fan of the tub cooler. Works for hotel parties.
    It works well for indoors parties, but not so much for backyard parties, except as secondary storage. However, I have managed to get around this - I went and bought a big old tub from a demolition yard for about ten bucks, hauled it back home in the back of my van, and then cut out the plughole, welded in a plug with a controlable spigot, and welded on some attach points for longer legs, and we were good to go - Not only did I have a bathtub I could fill with ice and use, It also didn't leak, was higher up off the ground but not high enough to make things annoying, and since I put a spigot I could hook the other end of a hose on, after the party, I'd use the water for my plants. I also built a little bolt on frame around it, that put a little wooden-top table around the sides, with bottle openers, cabled down lighters, small lights that pointed into the ice tub, and a pair of racks to hold plastic dixie cups.
  • 1:6 scale Iron Man figure, fully posable, price: completely and totally out of my price range.
  • video
    I love how the lady running the camera was also shouting racist comments at the white guy, then said they could press charges. Sure, you could press charges, but you'd loose since the black dude hit him first and you were instigating.
  • The guy had a knife. This is why violence against an unknown quantity is fucking stupid.
  • Ahh, I miss Oakland. It's the only place I know where racial tensions are so blown out of proportion that they can't be taken seriously.
  • Finished my 4000 point blood angels army. :)
  • My collection of images derived from that video:
  • [Stabbing prohibited]
    But we'll let a bunch of teenagers beat the shit out of a young girl while we watch from two feet away.
  • My collection of images derived from that video:
    I googled for the source of that meme, and AVG ended up blocking the site I went to because of a "Rogue scanner" threat.

Should have known it would just show up here.
  • edited February 2010
    The guy had a knife. This is why violence against an unknown quantity is fucking stupid.
    Wait, did he? I didn't see that.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2010
    The guy had a knife. This is why violence against an unknown quantity is fucking stupid.
    Wait, did he? I didn't see that.
    I didn't notice that either.

Apparently dox are already up in YouTube comments on the girl who took the video. Shame.

Also, the aftermath. I see no amberlamps:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I think he wants his bag back.

As for the knife, I meant it as a hypothetical. If either one of them had a knife, there could have been a whole lot more blood. That is, of course, if one of them managed to pull the knife before before getting twatted to the floor.
  • My mom told me that one of my brother's friends (who I am moderately acquainted with) was suspended from school. He isn't a troublemaking kid or anything and is pretty well-respected, so I couldn't think of a reason for him to be suspended. Then I found out why: Monday was the yearbook photos for all of the school clubs, and he decided to see if he could get in all of them. He even brought stuff for some of the pictures, like a suit for business club and a trombone for the band photo. He got into 18 photos before he was found out and suspended. But even then, he got off easy- because he's in the school play, he had to be at school for practice. So what happened was he was suspended for the rest of the day on Monday, and then for the first half of the day yesterday... which pretty much meant he got to sleep in late. And the best part is that they're not going to retake any of the photos.
  • Hahaha, that's awesome. But how the hell is that grounds for suspension?
  • edited February 2010
    He even brought stuff for some of the pictures, like a suit for business club and a trombone for the band photo.
    This kid deserves to be in those photos.
    Hahaha, that's awesome. But how the hell is that grounds for suspension?
    Probably the reason clever kids usually get suspended: insubordination, not enough respect for authority, that sort of bull.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on