This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I'm so happy to see Makoto back, she was my SFIII character of choice.
  • edited February 2010
    But even then, he got off easy- because he's in the school play, he had to be at school for practice.
    Wait...let me get this straight. Missing class is fine, but play practice is so important that they have him come to school for it despite a suspension? Why the fuck is he suspended from class but not extracurriculars? This school has its priorities WAY fucked up.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Something about having to be at school in order to get into rehearsal, I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me either.
  • But even then, he got off easy- because he's in the school play, he had to be at school for practice.
    Wait...let me get this straight. Missing class is fine, but play practice is so important that they have him come to school for it despite a suspension? Why the fuck is he suspended from class but not extracurriculars? This school has its priorities WAY fucked up.
    I guess it's because if he's absent from class, he's only letting himself down, but if he's absent from play practice, he's letting the other students in the play down.
  • But even then, he got off easy- because he's in the school play, he had to be at school for practice.
    Maybe it's like my High School, where the musical productions are very high quality, and often win rewards and recognition. Therefore, it's important for the school.
  • I'm so happy to see Makoto back, she was my SFIII character of choice.
    I'm excited to use Ibuki, she looks like she'll be pretty fun to use.
  • Maybe it's like my High School, where the musical productions are very high quality, and often win rewards and recognition. Therefore, it's important for the school.
    I was going to say "yes," but then I remembered the musicals that this student (and my brother) are in are put on by the Music Theater for Young People, not the high school. The high school plays are well-done, but I wouldn't put them in the same league as MTYP.
  • JayJay
    edited February 2010
    I'm so happy to see Makoto back, she was my SFIII character of choice.
    I'm excited to use Ibuki, she looks like she'll be pretty fun to use.
    Dudley has his rose throw and Rolling Thunder. I am dropping every other character to main him when this game comes out. He is all style. Also, his Rolling Thunder is a Dempsy Roll.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • edited February 2010
    Oh my god what the fuck.

Post edited by Sail on
  • Embed is broken.
  • Embed is broken.
    Fixed.
  • Embed is broken.
    Fixed.
    I almost wish you hadn't.
  • edited February 2010
    Sylvia Browne, $700 for a 20-minute reading. God damn.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Sylvia Browne, $700 for a 20-minute reading. God damn.
    We should start a scammy organization for scamming dumb people. I think dumb people would be an excellent revenue source.
  • Unfortunately, morals.
  • edited February 2010
    Sylvia Browne, $700 for a 20-minute reading. God damn.
    We should start a scammy organization for scamming dumb people. I think dumb people would be an excellent revenue source.
    Then donate (almost) all proceeds to the JREF. Brilliant! All the fun, and you won't have to feel bad about it.
  • Unfortunately, morals.
    This.

I would rather scam people to reveal later that they got scammed and then teach them how to avoid it. It's the locksport of the human mind.
  • Sylvia Browne, $700 for a 20-minute reading. God damn.
    Then donate (almost) all proceeds to the JREF. Brilliant! All the fun, and you won't have to feel bad about it.
    ehhh... 50% donation. I gotta get some money for my time.
    Unfortunately, morals.
    This.

I would rather scam people to reveal later that they got scammed and then teach them how to avoid it. It's the locksport of the human mind.
    This.
  • edited February 2010
    Step 1) Ensure that your scam is perfectly legal and lawsuits against you will fail.
    Step 2)

Step 3) Inform the victim of the details of the scam.
    Step 4) Donate half the proceeds to the JREF.
    Step 5) Enjoy the remaining cash.
  • Step 6) Go chop their dollar.
    That was step 2, though.
    That was step 2, though.
    I still feel that the original plan should have "Go chop their dollar" in it somewhere. It's not a scam if you're not going chop mugu dollars.
    That was step 2, though.
    I still feel that the original plan should have "Go chop their dollar" in it somewhere. It's not a scam if you're not going chop mugu dollars.
    Fixed.
  • edited February 2010

I first saw this with both parents in the room, and couldn't stop giggling for the next several minutes.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I first saw this with both parents in the room, and couldn't stop giggling for the next several minutes.
    That was pretty fucking brilliant. I'm on a horse.
  • It is probably one of the best adverts I've seen in a looooong time. The last line is just a killer.
  • Verizon will not be out done though.