This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Savage Garden has never been so scary
  • edited February 2010
    vidja
    Oi wonna stan wif you on da maon-tan!
    Also:
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I found this link in my favorites folder. I saved it only for the flash intro.
  • I found this link in my favorites folder. I saved it only for theflash intro.
    It is like a Colbert Report joke intro that just keeps going. O_O
  • I found this link in my favorites folder. I saved it only for theflash intro.
    It is like a Colbert Report joke intro that just keeps going. O_O
    One would think you'd want your organization's web intro to be less...what's the word...we're-geared-towards-world-domination-y?
  • Beatboxing Chipmunk!
  • edited February 2010

Have some awesome LEGOs. Fuck your shit if you didn't have LEGOs.
    Ever since you posted this, I've been obsessed with it. Now I'm at the point where I'm trying to rebuild it, even though I know already I'll only at most get a shoddy approximation since I don't have all the parts used and I certainly don't have enough in those colors. The same guy has also uploaded videos detailing the building process btw.

Anyways, I got something (maybe) resembling the legs finished. The thing stands already over 20 cm tall:

I also tried at least list up all the parts in there in the Lego builder software that can be downloaded for free, but some are missing there as well :/
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Science shows the truth we have known for ages.
  • Science shows the truth we have known for ages.
    That the Germans build sturdier shit than everyone else?
  • That the Germans build sturdier shit than everyone else?
    No, that chopping with a katana is stupid and that it won't be able to get through a European sword made entirely out of steel. Katanas are long kitchen knives. You cut, slice and dice with them through soft stuff.
  • New case and extra RAM arrived today! The Mini P180 is really nice and super quiet. Biggest gripe I had was that my optical drive was too fat (Not long but actual front on width.) and I ended up scratching the paint. Other than that, games now run with no lag (RAM: 2GB --> 4GB) and I have little problem leaving it on at night.
    Now the CPU fan is the loudest thing in it so I'm going to look into getting one without a fan which can be cooled by the exhaust fans.
  • edited February 2010
    Savage Garden has never been so scary
    Fuckin' southerners.
    No, that chopping with a katana is stupid and that it won't be able to get through a European sword made entirely out of steel. Katanas are long kitchen knives. You cut, slice and dice with them through soft stuff.
    Well, so's a european sword. It's just a cleaver, rather than a chef's knife - It chops through heavier stuff, but it's still not much good against anything too solid. They're both pretty useless against armor, unless you're shoving it through someone, point first, in which case armor is far less effective. If you look at swords over time, you can actually see european swords change in shape away from Light-and-cutting to heavy-and-piercing over time as better armor came along.

Essentially - Whoop de do, they disproved something that you didn't believe in the first place, unless you were an idiot, a weeaboo, or a katana fanboy.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • New case and extra RAM arrived today! The Mini P180 is really nice and super quiet.
    Yeah, that case seemed good from the SPCR review of it.
  • edited February 2010
    Now the CPU fan is the loudest thing in it so I'm going to look into getting one without a fan which can be cooled by the exhaust fans.
    You're gonna be hard pressed to find a passive CPU cooler, they don't exist as far as I know. What sort of CPU do you have? I'm using a Arctic 7 cpu cooler, it's got a relatively large fan so it's pretty quiet. You also might wanna invest in a good CPU thermal compound. CPU core temp drives the fan, so if you conduct the heat away more effectively, your fan will run slower or less often. I usually use Arctic Silver 5.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited February 2010
    While there are wholly passive heatsinks (I saw one while looking.) most of the ones I'm looking at are the ones where you can screw a fan onto them; I'll just take the fan off and hope the bios doesn't throw a wobbly. The top and back fan should draw plenty of air through.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • While there are wholly passive heatsinks (I saw one while looking.) most of the ones I'm looking at are the ones where you can screw a fan onto them; I'll just take the fan off and hope the bios doesn't throw a wobbly. The top and back fan should draw plenty of air through.
    Oil cooling :D
  • edited February 2010
    Oil cooling :D
    Awesome? Yes. Practical? Not really. Especially if you want to move the case.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • weeaboo, or a katana fanboy
    There is a difference?
  • There is a difference?
    Strictly speaking a katana fanboy isn't necessarily a weeaboo.

It's all silly, because frankly we have guns these days, who really gives a crap.
  • Death's scythe > all.
  • Death's scythe > all.
  • edited February 2010
    Terry Pratchett's Death is my Death of choice.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010

I really don't know what to say or how to feel about this. In fact, I'm not even sure if I'm in awe or repulsion...
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I really don't know what to say or how to feel about this. In fact, I'm not even sure if I'm in awe or repulsion...
    I'd play it.
  • I remember that! Awesome. I wonder if it's ever going to come out. But what would you say is repulsive about it, Geofino?
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    I remember that! Awesome. I wonder if it's ever going to come out. But what would you say is repulsive about it, Geofino?
    I'm dumbfounded to the point that I do not know what I am feeling right now.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Megaman 2.5D looks like all kinds of awesome.