This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• No, you're a passive aggressive asshole for fake-coughing when someone smokes around you and it offends you, rather than having the stones to take it up with them directly.
    If the smoke makes you cough, then grow a pair and say something, don't just sit there coughing and spluttering like a fool.
    This.

If you address the situation calmly, rationally, and politely, I strongly doubt that you'll encounter much indignation. "Excuse me, but your smoke is really bothering me. Would you mind moving down that way a bit? Thanks."
    I only ever do it if I'm passing by someone, so it's not really an issue of their smoke constantly bothering me. It's more of a drive-by coughing.
    If you're walking through their area, deal with it.
    I suppose I could, but that takes all the fun out of it.

Has anyone ever considered that some gun are just too big?
  • Has anyone ever considered that some gun are just too big?
    Maybe, but they are quickly silenced.

• edited February 2010
    image#

Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2010
    An acquaintance of mine made this. How he could spend so much time listening to this arsehole, I will never know.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • A whole website full of things of my day.

• I like the style. French animation students and schools, why are you so awesome?
  • It gets more hilarious the further down you go.
  • A friend of mine lost his wife suddenly and unexpectedly in January. He has a 5-year-old daughter.

The Thing of My Day is the auction that the community has organized to raise money for a trust fund to secure her future and send her to college if she wants to go, and I am in it. Items have been donated by writers, podcasters and creative types of all stripes. Anyone who wants a one-of-a-kind hand-knit item from me, go check it out. I don't generally knit for pay because it's not lucrative, so it's a rare thing. Or, if you're bored at work, or just want to look through some cool stuff, please check out the rest of the donated stuff. They've got everything from hand-crafted items to signed books to services like podcasting your story or writing a song.

The auction is this Saturday, but you can place a proxy bid earlier if you can't be online for the live auction.
  • World's Hottest Chili Used as Elephant Repellent.

I heard about it on Man V. Food, but I didn't know if it was true or not.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever

This is only part one, but I am really surprised at both how much I enjoyed it and how good it actually was. They took a ridiculous premise, and actually made it work well.
  • edited February 2010
    D&D; Room
    If I had a D&D; room, I would want a framed picture of a witchalock on the wall.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • A friend of mine lost his wife suddenly and unexpectedly in January. He has a 5-year-old daughter.

The Thing of My Day is the auction that the community has organized to raise money for a trust fund to secure her future and send her to college if she wants to go, and I am in it. Items have been donated by writers, podcasters and creative types of all stripes. Anyone who wants aone-of-a-kind hand-knit itemfrom me, go check it out. I don't generally knit for pay because it's not lucrative, so it's a rare thing. Or, if you're bored at work, or just want to look through some cool stuff, please check outthe rest of the donated stuff. They've got everything from hand-crafted items to signed books to services like podcasting your story or writing a song.

The auction is this Saturday, but you can place a proxy bid earlier if you can't be online for the live auction.
    Can I just donate straight up?
  • Can I just donate straight up?
    There's a Chipin counter on the right side of the website where you can donate cash if that's your wish.
  • edited February 2010
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2010
    World's Hottest Chili Used as Elephant Repellent.

I heard about it onMan V. Food, but I didn't know if it was true or not.
    I don't know about elephants(other than they're bigger than you think, seriously.) but they sure as shit work on asshole rugby players.
    Also,
    "We fill straw nests with pungent dry chili and attach them to sticks before burning it. The fireball emits a strong pungent smell that succeeds in driving away elephants," Nandita Hazarika of the Assam Haathi (Elephant) Project told the Associated Press on Monday.
    Are you sure it was the smell, or was it the fact you just fired off a Fireball, which elephants, unlike Mythbusters and Special effects artists, are notoriously somewhat less than enthusiastic about?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • D&D; Room
    If I had a D&D; room, I would want a framed picture of a witchalock on the wall.
    Ditto.
  • [layton]
    That reminds me of a WKW movie...

Also, my thing of the day: This Article
  • I see so much of myself in that orange tabby.
  • Oh my God, Cat's Don't Dance...Why does my childhood keep coming back in strange ways?
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Oh my God, Cat's Don't Dance...Why does my childhood keep coming back in strange ways?
    I remember seeing it in theatres when I was a kid, and at the time, it didn't make such an impact on me as it was just another animated film to me. To make a long story short: boy revisits movie at older age and gains more respect for it than he originally had.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh my God, Cat's Don't Dance...Why does my childhood keep coming back in strange ways?
    I remember seeing it in theatres when I was a kid, and at the time, it didn't make such an impact on me as it was just another animated film to me. To make a long story short: boy revisits movie at older age and gains more respect for it than he originally had.
    I saw it as a kid at some point, don't really remember where...I saw it as a teenager and didn't really like it...Now I watch it and it's pretty...Interesting...
    I saw it as a kid at some point, don't really remember where...I saw it as a teenager and didn't really like it...Now I watch it and it's pretty...Interesting...
    I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago with my brother through the roku box. We was meh and I loved it.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever

This is only part one, but I am really surprised at both how much I enjoyed it and how good it actually was. They took a ridiculous premise, and actually made it work well.
    That was fantastic! :D
  • edited February 2010
    Oh my God, Cat's Don't Dance...Why does my childhood keep coming back in strange ways?
    I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago with my brother through the roku box. We was meh and I loved it.
    It's one of my favorite kids films still. I always catch it if it's on TV.

Favorite song in it:
    Post edited by Viga on