This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rock Band

Comments

• I can't believe my Wii Guitar Hero Guitar won't work with the Wii Rock Band. Assholes. Well, there's no way I'm buying another GH guitar now.
  • I've already been rockin out (albeit not with a certain appendage out) on my Xbox360.

The DLC means that I'll be playing this game for a long time to come. Can't wait for more Weezer.
  • I hope they release more Jonathan Coulton stuff when they do the DLC of Still Alive for RB.
  • I can't believe my Wii Guitar Hero Guitar won't work with the Wii Rock Band. Assholes. Well, there's no way I'm buying another GH guitar now.
    First the PS3, now the Wii. Why was this not a problem for the 360?
  • First the PS3, now the Wii. Why was this not a problem for the 360?
    From what I've herd, Microsoft forced the guitars to be compatible in Rock Band.
  • The problem isn't with Sony, or Nintendo, but rather that the way in which the guitars communicate wirelessly with the system is what causes the problem. Because the 360 guitars aren't wireless, this problem doesn't occur on the 360.
  • The problem isn't with Sony, or Nintendo, but rather that the way in which the guitars communicate wirelessly with the system is what causes the problem. Because the 360 guitars aren't wireless, this problem doesn't occur on the 360.
    The 360 Guitar Hero guitar is wireless.
  • You guys are lucky you can get Rock Band at all. The rest of the world is still waiting for a release date, let alone a release.
  • Harmonix stated that there wouldn't be a problem compatibility wise for the PS3 release but there was, now Harmonix and Activision are partaking in the 'Blame Game' about why there are compatibility issues. Harmonix has released a patch that would, hopefully, deal with the problem but Activiison blocked them.
  • The 360 Guitar Hero guitar is wireless.
    Not the xplorer from GH2...

Anyways...Rock Band Wii looks like epic fail. No download content. No using GH controllers. As for a third strike...well, the white drums look pretty gay (and by gay I mean literally gay, not gay as in stupid).
  • I will get this game as soon as it hits my country, no matter what. And I will get it for the 360 because there is so much and so high quality downloadable content.
  • The quality of the Rock Band guitar is seriously weak compared to the Guitar Hero guitar. That right there is enough of a reason to stick with the 360 version if at all possible. I've been really tempted to go ahead and buy another wireless gibson to replace Rock Band's fender but it's hard to justify that price just for a little squishyness in the strum bar.
  • Rock Band 2 for the Wii will have downloadable content. This poses an interesting question: how the hell will this work with the Wii's 512 MB hard drive? Will you be able to save songs to SD cards? Gamecube memory cards? Goddammit Nintendo, I love you to death, but you need to get with the times! Release a freaking external hard drive already!
  • Happily, I've lost all interest in these games before I ended up investing any significant amount of time in them.
    Goddammit Nintendo, I love you to death, but you need to get with the times!
    Nintendo doesn't love you back. Capcom, however, very well may.
  • Didn't they claim the same for Guitar Hero 3?
    I read no such promise, but I might have missed something as my knowledge of video game related news is somewhat limited. Before Guitar Hero 3 was released, practically all I knew about it was the set list, the release date, and that a Wii version was going to be released.
  • Apparently Nintendo is working on a solution to this small hard drive issue, I'm sure they won't call it a hard drive or a problem. It'll probably end up being a Nintendo labeled flash drive.
  • Omigod Beatles.
    Inb4 Scott says he called it.
  • Omigod Beatles.
    Inb4 Scott says he called it.
    Not Rock Band? We'll see how this goes.
  • It will probably be like Rock Band: Beatles, but perhaps labeled differently. Like "The Beatles: a Rock Band game."
  • I contend it's something like the AC/DC Live track pack they are releasing (which is a little bit overpriced, but probably still worth it to me).

Also, they are going to release Rock Band 2 in Europe not in six months but in two weeks. w00t.
  • They've finally released Rock Band 1 here, and I'm currently rocking the drum career. Awesome.
  • They've finally released Rock Band 1 here, and I'm currently rocking the drum career. Awesome.
    Where's "here?" And yes, drums are the bee's knees : )
  • I would guess "here" is Australia judging by the release date.

The 20th of November will be tough. Both, Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour are going to be released in Europe on that date.
  • Happily, I've lost all interest in these games before I ended up investing any significant amount of time in them.
    In my opinion, Rock Band > Guitar Hero. You invested in the wrong game.
  • I once spent about eight hours playing Rock Band with a friend. While two (and later three when my brother showed up) is not as good as four, we had a fantastic time. I think it's the cooperation aspect of it- when we're all jamming together, it's always awesome even if someone is new to the game.
    In my opinion, Rock Band > Guitar Hero. You invested in the wrong game.
    The again, while Rock Band is superior, he probably won't enjoy it if he isn't at least somewhat interested in Guitar Hero.
  • In my opinion, Rock Band > Guitar Hero. You invested in the wrong game.
    No, my lack of interest has to do with the plastic instruments. People go on and on about how fun it is "jamming" in Rock Band with your friends, and I'm sure it is if none of you play any real instruments. But, actually jamming, with real music, on real instruments, makes the whole experience seem hollow and unsatisfying.

The vocal part is great, since it's just karaoke, which I love. The drum part is good, since it's closer to real drumming than one would expect. The "guitar" part, however, is pathetic. It felt like such a waste of time and energy, and there was so little payoff for the effort. At least DDR also includes exercise.

Maybe I'm just an old man, but I really don't find any enjoyment with the plastic instrument games.
  • Maybe I'm just an old man, but I really don't find any enjoyment with the plastic instrument games.
    You are an old man. The point of games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band isn't the actual playing of the instruments. It's enhancing the fantasy of being a rock star. This is why Rock Band did so much better than GH3 in the last go around. GH3 concentrated on enhancing the actual plastic guitar game. Rock Band concentrated on enhancing the Rock Star fantasy.