This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• Man, if it didn't take so long to load that Donkey kong level (because I had to download it) I probably would have had a billion kills you guys kept standing around and letting me mow you down with my sweet chain gun.
  • Donkey kong level
    Such a fun level to play.
  • Definitely enjoying picking on churbs, ro, and omar.
  • Yea, my Quake days taught me some general rules of FPS.
    1. Always keep moving (unless you are lying in ambush)
    2. Always check your back.

Problems I have because of Quake.
    1. I forget to reload especially with things like rockets (4 rockets, I want to keep freaking firing them!)
  • edited July 2011
    Problems I have because of Quake.
    1. I forget to reload especially with things like rockets (4 rockets, I want to keep freaking firing them!)
    I get what you mean. In UT2004 you had a shit ton of rockets to expend before you needed to reload. Still, You could turn on auto reload.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • 1. Always keep moving (unless you are lying in ambush)
    2. Always check your back.
    I'm learning this slowly, but surely.

I'm enjoying the Engineer more and more, except for in Arena for obvious reasons.
  • Jason, Kev, and I did our own drink and play TF2 last night. We should incorporate that in our games. You lose a game, you take a drink and continue playing. You get sniped, you take a drink. You blow yourself up, you take a drink.You fall to your death, you take a drink.

You guys didn't hear Jason on Skype, but he was hilarious.
  • You get sniped, you take a drink.
    When I get back after the 4th, I'm going to spend a night playing sniper and taking a drink for every headshot I get.
  • You get sniped, you take a drink.
    When I get back after the 4th, I'm going to spend a night playing sniper and taking a drink for every headshot I get.
    We'll get equally drunk together.
  • edited July 2011
    There was a point where I could no longer feel my face. Also, there was a point where my screen appeared to tip sideways.

Just to be clear, I was taking drinks regardless of performance.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Hardcore drinking game for TF2. Enable the ding sound for whenever you hit anyone, play pyro, drink when you hear a ding. It's so satisfying to play pyro when you hear the ding-ding-ding when someone is on fire because of you.
  • Jason, Kev, and I did our own drink and play TF2 last night. We should incorporate that in our games. You lose a game, you take a drink and continue playing. You get sniped, you take a drink. You blow yourself up, you take a drink.You fall to your death, you take a drink.

You get killed by my eyelander, you take a drink.

You get killed by my eyelander, you take a drink.
    You have to take a shot for each head you have currently.
  • edited July 2011
    That Chargin' Targe as well as the speed increase from the Eyelander is pretty ridiculous.

On that note, did anyone find out if it's possible to equalize unlocks for a balanced game like Rym wanted to, and if so how it works?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • It looks like I can do the opposite, but only in Tournament Mode (which isn't suited to the kinda stuff we do on a nightly basis).
  • That's not the opposite, it still equalizes them.
  • Server needs to be updated again. :P
  • Alright that's it. I'm gonna get in on this TF2 action!
  • I was geared up to join last night, but decided to spend a little time on tr_walkway first because I haven't played in ages. I started off with a Soldier and my aim was embarrasing! (I blame the difference in rocket speeds compared to QuakeLive). When I finally left 40 minutes later, I'd tried out a few classes, learned/remembered a lot and improved my aim considerably. I'll be on the server trying to shoot you all soon. Soooooon.
  • I got on for a bit last night. Those (according to Steam) 58 minutes of FPS experience I was packing served me quite well. Although, I gotta learn y'alls voices at some point. Part way through, someone was like "Erathaol, get in front of me!" and I'm thinking "What?! Who the hell was that? Who are you? Where are you? Oh god, they have rocket launchers in this game?! Arrrgh". And...I dunno, I think someone ordered me to do some other stuff later. The point is, I'ma get back on today (with my headset/mic) and hopefully get better. It was a lot of fun, even being terrible. =D
  • Updating now. Here's what I hope to make a tradition: posting funny TF2/MLP videos every update:

• I got on for a bit last night. Those (according to Steam) 58 minutes of FPS experience I was packing served me quite well. Although, I gotta learn y'alls voices at some point. Part way through, someone was like "Erathaol, get in front of me!" and I'm thinking "What?! Who the hell was that? Who are you? Where are you? Oh god, they have rocket launchers in this game?! Arrrgh". And...I dunno, I think someone ordered me to do some other stuff later. The point is, I'ma get back on today (with my headset/mic) and hopefully get better. It was a lot of fun, even being terrible. =D
    that was me, I have a tendency to do that sometimes...

Anyways, I'll be on later when I get back from work.
  • Incidentally, I was right when I said spies get an extra point for a backstab kill, i.e. 2 points rather than the usual one point.
    Not that the points mean too much anyway, though.
  • Incidentally, I was right when I said spies get an extra point for a backstab kill, i.e. 2 points rather than the usual one point.
    It means something to Jason. He loves getting his epeen stroked. My goal is to not die as quickly. I've been getting better at accomplishing this.
  • edited July 2011
    Incidentally, I was right when I said spies get an extra point for a backstab kill, i.e. 2 points rather than the usual one point.
    That's right, the points are like a surveillance camera at the 99 cent store.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited July 2011
    Definitely enjoying picking on churbs, ro, and omar.
    I believe I said something yesterday at one point about how I was doing as well as you normally do. You're pretty fun to play against, and while you're quite a bit better than me, being hunted by someone better is a surprisingly good way to get better at a game.
    The only thing they're good for is basically deciding matches - for example, last night we had a CTF game where one team had two caps, the other team had one cap, but since nobody had reached three caps, when the game ran over time, the team with the most cumulative points took the game.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2011
    I'm on now, waiting for players...
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Fuck it, who needs sleep.
  • I like this game SO MUCH I'm gonna go out and buy a headset so I can properly hear/speak. If anyone's on in about 30 mins to an hour, I can play.